Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay 23:08 - Feb 14 with 2108 viewssatsuma

The culture of the club is completely different since he’s been here, for the better. I don’t want a manager for hire who is experienced at getting teams out of the division, I want McKenna to carry on learning with us - to be supported by the club, fans and players - and for us to get promotion when we’re strong enough.
Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 23:12 - Feb 14 with 2045 viewsreusersfreekicks

Do you have a spare room?
Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 23:21 - Feb 14 with 2000 viewsNeedhamChris

There really is no limit to the lengths some will go to in justifying the happy clapping.

We're not a finishing school for managers, we're allowed to expect better.

Here's a question for you. Does your OP still apply if we don't win another game this season?

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 23:28 - Feb 14 with 1946 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 23:21 - Feb 14 by NeedhamChris

There really is no limit to the lengths some will go to in justifying the happy clapping.

Here's a question for you. Does your OP still apply if we don't win another game this season?

As questions go... on a scale of one to stupid... I mean, that's right up there.
Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 23:29 - Feb 14 with 1938 viewsberkstractorboy

Genuine question - do you think these players are playing for KM and giving everything to get promoted?
Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 23:32 - Feb 14 with 1907 viewsFrimleyBlue

Depends what really goes on behind scenes doesn't it?

The culture you speak of. Ashton prior to KM was keen on community building and what he wanted at the club. It started with the demolition Job with PC. To the point that Ashton stopped Norwood from being selected.

But also... something that bugged me this season.
During the start of the blip. KM came out with "plenty of games left" then it was morsy. Then Burgess with his "there or thereabouts" comment..

What sort of passion is there behind the scenes? That's what we don't see other than what's on the pitch and what they say and based on those alone.. I don't see passion.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 23:34 - Feb 14 with 1898 viewsJDB23

The culture is different because we've hired 50 backroom staff who are all paid professionals rather than expecting 3 men and some undergrads to run the whole club.
Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 23:35 - Feb 14 with 1877 viewsNeedhamChris

Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 23:28 - Feb 14 by King_ding_a_lin_g

As questions go... on a scale of one to stupid... I mean, that's right up there.

It's a hypothetical, the stupidity of which depends on what the answer to the question is

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 23:43 - Feb 14 with 1757 viewsRocky

Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 23:21 - Feb 14 by NeedhamChris

Possibly the most stupid comment - followed by question - ever in TWTD history.
Do we really have supporters this dim?
Login to get fewer ads

Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 00:07 - Feb 15 with 1664 viewsEastTownBlue

I want McKenna to get us promoted this season or next.

Gamechanger might be asking for a bit more for their money than just a different culture at the club though.
Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 00:13 - Feb 15 with 1630 viewsFrimleyBlue

All depends on the owners.

You Don't spend £3 mill in January with hopes of maybe finishing top 6. That was a window to take back top 2.

The last manager got sacked for a run this bad. That is not saying I would sack him personally... I just don't know what patient levels these owners have.

Waka waka eh eh

Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 01:12 - Feb 15 with 1516 viewsstonojnr

Well heres a question for you, name a better manager the club can get at this moment right now that can somehow give you your allowed to expect better expectations ? Curbishley, Warnock, maybe Old Mick fancies another go ? has any manager of Town since Burley took charge 28 years ago actually showed as much promise that he can actually turn this club around and bring success again, because the last 7 weve had havent been up to the job.

McKenna will be a very successful Premier league manager, though I doubt ultimately it will be leading Ipswich Town when he gets there.
Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 01:21 - Feb 15 with 1498 viewspointofblue

Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 01:12 - Feb 15 by stonojnr

Well heres a question for you, name a better manager the club can get at this moment right now that can somehow give you your allowed to expect better expectations ? Curbishley, Warnock, maybe Old Mick fancies another go ? has any manager of Town since Burley took charge 28 years ago actually showed as much promise that he can actually turn this club around and bring success again, because the last 7 weve had havent been up to the job.

McKenna will be a very successful Premier league manager, though I doubt ultimately it will be leading Ipswich Town when he gets there.

McKenna can’t even get an expensively accrued squad winning games at League One level and he’s apparently a Premier League manager in waiting.

Tonight was something that Lambert previously served up with a much weaker squad. I think McKenna should stay but would I be devastated if the club announced he had left tomorrow? No.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 01:37 - Feb 15 with 1475 viewsHARRY10

Many of the kast managers were working under the cbstraints of Evans.

look at the comments made prior to the previous season. When the fouled up badly with Cookie boy, I don;t rememeber any talk of hiring an inexperiwnced manager to use Town to learn his trade I it now loks mots likely we will finish in theplay offs. Our 5th season in LI.

If we win the playoffs how much qwill need to be spent to uograde the squad. Does McK show that that he has the capability of doing that in the Champs

Its a huge difference between drawing at clubs such as Lincoln, Cambs, Bristol Rovers and playing teams fresh out of the PL, with PL levels of players

Take a look at Weds, or now Bolton and Barnsley.Thats what we were led to believe we were developing as - not a team beaten by a club with a crowd of less than 10,000.

Still, the football was pleasing on the eye
Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 02:00 - Feb 15 with 1416 viewsMach_foreignBlue

'McKenna will be a very successful Premier league manager, though I doubt ultimately it will be leading Ipswich Town when he gets there'.

Will he be? Based on what? On one system he plays and total inability to change tactics/formations when needed?

He is CLUELESS.
Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 03:07 - Feb 15 with 1328 viewsbournemouthblue

Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 02:00 - Feb 15 by Mach_foreignBlue

'McKenna will be a very successful Premier league manager, though I doubt ultimately it will be leading Ipswich Town when he gets there'.

Will he be? Based on what? On one system he plays and total inability to change tactics/formations when needed?

He is CLUELESS.

I think that's a bit strong, he does alter things, although can be subtle

Where he is showing his inexperience is the over rotation of the squad and how we finish games

Do we really need to make 5 subs every game, it seems to cause more confusion for the players

The replacements often seem pre-planned and doing it for the sake of it, rather than looking to alter the game on how it has panned out

Given how often we have come up against teams defending in a low block, you'd think we might have a strategy for unlocking them now but we don't seem to have many answers to it

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 06:36 - Feb 15 with 1030 viewsStevieH

I agree.
Most on here would have got rid of SBR in his early days. In fact some of the fans wanted him gone.

Let’s try not to be like the world of instant gratification that we live in and build something that will last.
Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 06:52 - Feb 15 with 976 viewsTractorWood

Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 06:36 - Feb 15 by StevieH

I agree.
Most on here would have got rid of SBR in his early days. In fact some of the fans wanted him gone.

Let’s try not to be like the world of instant gratification that we live in and build something that will last.

I think Robson is the exception rather than the rule. I've seen this logic to justify not sacking every one if the previous dross 4/5 managers at every point of their reigns regardless of how it's going.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 08:01 - Feb 15 with 791 viewssatsuma

I’ll take the hypothetical question, even though I don’t think there’s a remote chance that will happen. If we failed to win any more games I’m guessing we’d finish 10th to 12th, so pretty much back to where we were last year, but with a team and manager who now have a full season of highs and lows behind them.

I’d be desperately disappointed to miss out on promotion, and the play offs, but yes, at this stage I’d say I’d want to stick with him and give him another year.

It’s easy to imagine that the optimism would return ahead of the new season.
Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 08:06 - Feb 15 with 764 viewsFrimleyBlue

Even if we don’t go up, I want McKenna to stay on 06:36 - Feb 15 by StevieH

I agree.

Can end up positive but also go the other way. Didn't M.E give Lambert a 5 year deal because of what he thought about the Robson years.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024