Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Think we can forget about looking out for Plymouth and Sheff Weds scores now 21:43 - Feb 14 with 2138 viewsgainsboroughblue

Absolutely streets ahead. How fecking depressing has these last few months been.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Think we can forget about looking out for Plymouth and Sheff Weds scores now on 21:44 - Feb 14 with 2087 viewsbournemouthblue

Absolutely gutting, the way we are playing at the moment, you can see us getting an absolute towelling at Bolton whenever we play them
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 21:48]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Think we can forget about looking out for Plymouth and Sheff Weds scores now on 21:44 - Feb 14 with 2092 viewsJ2BLUE

Why is it always us?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Think we can forget about looking out for Plymouth and Sheff Weds scores now on 21:49 - Feb 14 with 1981 viewsgainsboroughblue

Think we can forget about looking out for Plymouth and Sheff Weds scores now on 21:44 - Feb 14 by J2BLUE

Why is it always us?

Exactly. It's in the clubs DNA I swear it. I thought at worst we'd be going into the final couple of games in a three way tussle like 98-99, 99-00, 04-05 etc but we are literally throwing the fecking towel in in the middle of February.

I'm all for the progress we are making as a club but we simply cannot keep expecting investment and people through the gates if we're just going to crash and burn in the Third Division.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 21:50]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Think we can forget about looking out for Plymouth and Sheff Weds scores now on 00:01 - Feb 15 with 1425 viewsrfretwell

Think we can forget about looking out for Plymouth and Sheff Weds scores now on 21:49 - Feb 14 by gainsboroughblue

Exactly. It's in the clubs DNA I swear it. I thought at worst we'd be going into the final couple of games in a three way tussle like 98-99, 99-00, 04-05 etc but we are literally throwing the fecking towel in in the middle of February.

I'm all for the progress we are making as a club but we simply cannot keep expecting investment and people through the gates if we're just going to crash and burn in the Third Division.

Every season its the same in this fividion - very good first half then pants after Christmas. Do we just burn ourselves out? Too much high intensity pressing early on. Need to pace ourselves thro the full season.
Think we can forget about looking out for Plymouth and Sheff Weds scores now on 00:14 - Feb 15 with 1374 viewsChurchman

Think we can forget about looking out for Plymouth and Sheff Weds scores now on 21:49 - Feb 14 by gainsboroughblue

We are not good enough. Simple as that. No excuses, no fog, no poor decisions. We are what we are. Established mid table League One. The meat of the season is nearly done and we are sinking back to where we deserve to be. Mid table.

There are no excuses. We have a club structure in place, a recruitment team, a fitness team, a management team but not a football team. We have an overblown squad with some good players, but that’s not enough.

With all that’s been put in place, the accountability sits with KM. it also sits with Mark Ashton, who will rightly come under pressure, since McKenna is his appointment.

I hope we see some sort of progress by seasons end, if only to buy them time. There’s an awful lot about KM I like and I think we should stay with it at least until the start of next season. But I can’t see the owners putting up with too many more miserable performances like this.
Think we can forget about looking out for Plymouth and Sheff Weds scores now on 00:34 - Feb 15 with 1309 viewsSwansea_Blue

Think we can forget about looking out for Plymouth and Sheff Weds scores now on 21:44 - Feb 14 by J2BLUE

Why is it always us?

It’s not only us though. It happens to loads of clubs.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 0:34]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Think we can forget about looking out for Plymouth and Sheff Weds scores now on 01:05 - Feb 15 with 1233 viewsquirkie

Think we can forget about looking out for Plymouth and Sheff Weds scores now on 00:14 - Feb 15 by Churchman

We are not good enough. Simple as that. No excuses, no fog, no poor decisions. We are what we are. Established mid table League One. The meat of the season is nearly done and we are sinking back to where we deserve to be. Mid table.

There are no excuses. We have a club structure in place, a recruitment team, a fitness team, a management team but not a football team. We have an overblown squad with some good players, but that’s not enough.

With all that’s been put in place, the accountability sits with KM. it also sits with Mark Ashton, who will rightly come under pressure, since McKenna is his appointment.

I hope we see some sort of progress by seasons end, if only to buy them time. There’s an awful lot about KM I like and I think we should stay with it at least until the start of next season. But I can’t see the owners putting up with too many more miserable performances like this.

Sadly and realistically we got to start now building for a promotion push next season, this season is done. KM to stay until at least end of the year, see if we can learn from this season's mistakes as that is exactly what he is being paid to do at the moment, learn on the job. Whether the yanks will have the same patience as me will have to be seen.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Think we can forget about looking out for Plymouth and Sheff Weds scores now on 08:33 - Feb 15 with 844 viewspatrickswell

Think we can forget about looking out for Plymouth and Sheff Weds scores now on 00:14 - Feb 15 by Churchman

Point of order, we are not “mid-table Division 1”, it might feel like it, but the difference between this and Lambert’s collapses or the Cook inconsistencies is that we’ve replaced wins with draws and it has killed our momentum stone dead. I think the issue at the moment is mentality now, which unfortunately is not something which can be coached. The team desperately needs to win one of these tight games ASAP, just to get some belief back into themselves ahead of the play-offs and those trips to Bolton, Barnsley and Derby.
Login to get fewer ads

Think we can forget about looking out for Plymouth and Sheff Weds scores now on 08:42 - Feb 15 with 799 viewsBent_double

Indeed, anyone who comes on here claiming, "we can still make top 2" is going straight on the ignore list.

We simply have to make the lottery of the play-offs though, and hope that we can somehow win at least 2 games to take us up, needs something drastic to happen right now though for that to even be a slight possibility.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Think we can forget about looking out for Plymouth and Sheff Weds scores now on 08:42 - Feb 15 with 792 viewsbadadski

Think we can forget about looking out for Plymouth and Sheff Weds scores now on 08:33 - Feb 15 by patrickswell

Point of order, we are not “mid-table Division 1”, it might feel like it, but the difference between this and Lambert’s collapses or the Cook inconsistencies is that we’ve replaced wins with draws and it has killed our momentum stone dead. I think the issue at the moment is mentality now, which unfortunately is not something which can be coached. The team desperately needs to win one of these tight games ASAP, just to get some belief back into themselves ahead of the play-offs and those trips to Bolton, Barnsley and Derby.

In a bad way we are like the Arsenal of old- flat track bullies
Ok on a decent pitch where any team gives you space you are ok but as soon as winter comes and the pitches clog up and teams learn that you are trying to walk it into the net so play 11 men behind the ball you are doomed.
Because of our lack of mixing it up we are easier to play against unless we gets a set piece goal.
It’s a shame as believe we will come good when he learns his team and ways to play to their strengths which he blatantly isn’t at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024