Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An observation 12:13 - Feb 12 with 632 viewsEdwardF

I'm away on hols and IFollow didn't work yesterday so just caught up with the highlights.
Why was Flint (6' 6") totally unmarked at the back post area from a free kick right at the end??? It very nearly cost us the game - from a free kick so time to mark opp players.
The lack of marking and player awareness seems to be part of our defensive DNA.

Poll: Hypothetically who would you prefer as your main striker:

An observation on 12:23 - Feb 12 with 565 viewsbluefunk

McKenna warmed up Greg Leigh immediately after that and brought him on shortly afterwards. No one near me could work out why we’d left him unmarked
An observation on 12:38 - Feb 12 with 518 viewsexeterblue10

An observation on 12:23 - Feb 12 by bluefunk

McKenna warmed up Greg Leigh immediately after that and brought him on shortly afterwards. No one near me could work out why we’d left him unmarked

Baffling. We got away with one there, unlike in that game against Bristol City in 2016 when we left Flint unmarked to score twice with his head from corners. Some things never change…
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 13:53]
An observation on 12:44 - Feb 12 with 500 viewsFrimleyBlue

Wasn't the first time either, happened in the first half.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

An observation on 12:48 - Feb 12 with 492 viewsPrideOfTheEast

An observation on 12:44 - Feb 12 by FrimleyBlue

Wasn't the first time either, happened in the first half.

I put on here after the Morecambe game that their chance early on came from a similar thing, albeit we’d left Davis on their biggest man. Don’t understand it at all.
An observation on 12:51 - Feb 12 with 474 viewsFrimleyBlue

An observation on 12:48 - Feb 12 by PrideOfTheEast

I put on here after the Morecambe game that their chance early on came from a similar thing, albeit we’d left Davis on their biggest man. Don’t understand it at all.

Yep it's rather bizarre, The camera didn't really move quick enough to see who was marking Flint on the first one, but I can only imagine it was Davis as he wasn't in the view after the header was made..

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024