Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
11th, 9th & 11th 23:09 - Feb 11 with 9273 viewsGlasgowBlue

That’s our League one finishing position for the last three seasons. Money doesn’t give us the God given right to a top 2 finish just one season later.

Look at the money Sunderland spent. It took them four or five seasons to get out of this division. And going into March last year they looked like the team who were going to drop outside of the play off places.

If we finish 6th then that’s progress. If we finish in the top two, and that is still a real possibility, then it will be a fantastic achievement.

As for today’s result; so many of our draws have felt like defeats. This draw feels like a win. And psychologically could give the players a real boost.

Let’s cut out the defeatist talk, the sense of entitlement and the over the top criticism of Kieran McKenna. Along with the owners and Mark Ashton, he has given us our most exciting and entertaining season in years.

Let’s get behind the club, the players and the manager.

COYB!!!
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 23:12]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

11th, 9th & 11th on 22:58 - Apr 6 with 709 viewsChorleyBoy

11th, 9th & 11th on 22:46 - Apr 6 by Stewart27

Haha

A lot of the above are back into “this is the best thing since sliced bread” mode.

To be fair the 14th of February was w@nk. I get it. That lull has made it a whole lot better for people.

The average fan swings from "woe are we" to "we're gonna tear up this league" while passing through "it's a crazy league" as we pass from peak to trough to peak.

Like you, I find the extremes funny to look back on.

11th, 9th & 11th on 07:55 - Apr 7 with 520 viewsBuhrer

11th, 9th & 11th on 22:40 - Apr 6 by TalkingBlues

Totally forgot about all this, thanks for bringing it up, it’s always nice to revisit discussions that were had during the course of the season.

First 15 games - 10 wins
Second 15 games - 5 wins
Third 15 games - 7 wins out of 8 so far

As I said at the time, that 2nd third of the season was absolute gash, we played badly and drew lots of games that should have been won comfortably, we would be miles clear at the top of the league now, had we not squandered so many points. If we don’t manage to secure a top 2 spot by season end, that middle part of the season is very easy to identify as the reason why. Here’s hoping it won’t matter, COYB!!!!

Your judgement of Towns incredibly exciting and record setting season seems overly negative and "absolute gash" to be honest with you.
11th, 9th & 11th on 07:57 - Apr 7 with 513 viewsBuhrer

11th, 9th & 11th on 09:29 - Feb 12 by Pinewoodblue

Why do you thrive on negativity. You reject realistic would you accept achievable?

Sheffield Wednesday are where they are by winning so many games 1-0. Plymouth are where they are by winning on the back of amazing home results W14 D0 L1.

Will they both keep going without a blip? Who knows. There isn’t anything we do to change it but we can still achieve our primary objective of automatic promotion if we all pull together. Our style of play excites the fans that is why attendance is around 20% up on last season.

Players make mistakes, the manager too often hinders momentum by making substitutions for the sake of it but these things are not enough reason for negativity.

I don’t know how old you are but judging by your comments back in 78 you would have gone to Wembley full of doom and gloom because our League results between semi final and final were below par.

Just get behind the team and help make it happen.

Love this realism.
11th, 9th & 11th on 10:12 - Apr 7 with 423 viewsTalkingBlues

11th, 9th & 11th on 07:55 - Apr 7 by Buhrer

Your judgement of Towns incredibly exciting and record setting season seems overly negative and "absolute gash" to be honest with you.

Yeah, I mean, every moment has been incredibly exciting and record breaking if we just focus on the last 7 or 8 games and forget about any of the 30 before it.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

11th, 9th & 11th on 10:30 - Apr 7 with 404 viewsBuhrer

11th, 9th & 11th on 10:12 - Apr 7 by TalkingBlues

Yeah, I mean, every moment has been incredibly exciting and record breaking if we just focus on the last 7 or 8 games and forget about any of the 30 before it.

Crikey! Its not been gash has it? Ive so enjoyed this season. Form isn't consistent but support can be. Enjoy the sun.
11th, 9th & 11th on 10:38 - Apr 7 with 390 viewsHerbivore

11th, 9th & 11th on 10:12 - Apr 7 by TalkingBlues

We've not been outside the top 3 all season, we've been the highest scorers in the division for ages and playing good football. Even during our poor run of form you could count the genuinely bad performances on one hand and even in those games we still created enough to win. That's why McKenna's underwear remained clean and dry whilst some of our fans, yourself included (if indeed you are a Town fans), were soiling themselves all over the shop.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

11th, 9th & 11th on 10:49 - Apr 7 with 379 viewsTalkingBlues

11th, 9th & 11th on 10:38 - Apr 7 by Herbivore

We've not been outside the top 3 all season, we've been the highest scorers in the division for ages and playing good football. Even during our poor run of form you could count the genuinely bad performances on one hand and even in those games we still created enough to win. That's why McKenna's underwear remained clean and dry whilst some of our fans, yourself included (if indeed you are a Town fans), were soiling themselves all over the shop.

Say what you like about performances, it’s results that count and during that spell we conceded a 14/15 point lead over several of the chasing pack and found ourselves between 8 and 11 points behind top 2, having been top of the league with games in hand, if that’s not something to be rightly concerned about, then I’m not really sure what is.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

11th, 9th & 11th on 11:21 - Apr 7 with 343 viewsHerbivore

11th, 9th & 11th on 10:49 - Apr 7 by TalkingBlues

Say what you like about performances, it’s results that count and during that spell we conceded a 14/15 point lead over several of the chasing pack and found ourselves between 8 and 11 points behind top 2, having been top of the league with games in hand, if that’s not something to be rightly concerned about, then I’m not really sure what is.

I will say what I like about performances, thanks. Especially as you described us as "playing badly" for a third of the season which just doesn't stand up to much scrutiny.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024