Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flasks/Metal Bottles 10:07 - Feb 11 with 901 viewsRorschach

Now I have reached the age of 45, I have become interested in bringing my own hot beverages to the game - like my dearly departed father did back in the day.

But did I hear that metal Chilly’s bottles/coffee cups/flasks etc are now outlawed? I don’t want to upset the ‘don’t give a toss’ security guy by the turnstiles…

I'm not locked in here with you...you're locked in here with me.

Flasks/Metal Bottles on 10:16 - Feb 11 with 834 viewsclive_baker

Can’t remember the last time I saw a flask at PR. Remember as a kid my ST was next to an old couple who used to get out their tartan blanket, flask of tea and sandwiches wrapped in tin foil. He used to smoke like a chimney too. That was 25 years ago though.

No idea what the rules are now, if it’s discreet I can’t imagine they would know would they? Coat pocket or something.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Flasks/Metal Bottles on 10:59 - Feb 11 with 749 viewsPinewoodblue

Flasks/Metal Bottles on 10:16 - Feb 11 by clive_baker

Can’t remember the last time I saw a flask at PR. Remember as a kid my ST was next to an old couple who used to get out their tartan blanket, flask of tea and sandwiches wrapped in tin foil. He used to smoke like a chimney too. That was 25 years ago though.

No idea what the rules are now, if it’s discreet I can’t imagine they would know would they? Coat pocket or something.

Mulled wine, instead of tea or coffee, but only at Christmas with mince pies of course.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Flasks/Metal Bottles on 11:09 - Feb 11 with 723 viewsBasuco

I take my metal flask to every home game and it is not a problem, enjoy the tea/coffee of your choice without queueing.
Flasks/Metal Bottles on 11:11 - Feb 11 with 719 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

On this, what is the policy on bringing in a bottle of water? I know it would hardly be crime or the century but what is the club's stance? Had to buy one in the ground at the start of the season and was staggered by the price, so have been bringing in my own covertly ever since. Quite easy to hide in the winter but as warm weather approaches, hiding it on my person doesn't bear thinking about...

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Flasks/Metal Bottles on 11:27 - Feb 11 with 695 viewsnoggin

Flasks/Metal Bottles on 10:16 - Feb 11 by clive_baker

I think the tartan blanket could be a problem, unless it has an up to date fire safety certificate.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Flasks/Metal Bottles on 11:36 - Feb 11 with 673 viewsBluespeed225

Just keep it in your pocket. I was once barred from entry as I was eating an outside burger!
Flasks/Metal Bottles on 11:44 - Feb 11 with 643 viewsElephantintheRoom

My father used to take a metal flask to every cold weather game - a hit flask filled with malt whisky. He even brought two Edinburgh Crystal whisky glasses so we could have a generous half time measure

Once saw a pensioner drop her coffee over the people below - with angry consequences - but that could happen with a regulation bought coffee

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Flasks/Metal Bottles on 13:44 - Feb 11 with 453 viewsPinewoodblue

Flasks/Metal Bottles on 11:11 - Feb 11 by SlippinJimmyJuan

On this, what is the policy on bringing in a bottle of water? I know it would hardly be crime or the century but what is the club's stance? Had to buy one in the ground at the start of the season and was staggered by the price, so have been bringing in my own covertly ever since. Quite easy to hide in the winter but as warm weather approaches, hiding it on my person doesn't bear thinking about...

At worst they will take the top off so be prepared and have a spare top in your pocket.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024