Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
leiston f.c 14:59 - Feb 9 with 1970 viewsjaykay

the second highest football club in the english pyramid in suffolk. 3points behind the leaders of their league with 2 games in hand. will be step 2 in they win their league.
you would have thought lowestoft bury felixstowe or subury with being larger towns would be higher than leiston.
mind you reading the e.a.d.t you wouldn't know it , if it was needham market or a team mark mosley was involved in they would be all over it.
leiston went to bedford and leicestershire in 3 days and came back with 6 points not bad for part timers and not a peek from the e.a.d.t

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

leiston f.c on 15:09 - Feb 9 with 1895 viewsBlueBadger

Ah, Mark Morsley. The only local football manager to employ his own ego as assistant manager.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

leiston f.c on 15:25 - Feb 9 with 1842 viewshype313

leiston f.c on 15:09 - Feb 9 by BlueBadger

Ah, Mark Morsley. The only local football manager to employ his own ego as assistant manager.

He looks up to Mike Bassett.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

leiston f.c on 15:52 - Feb 9 with 1743 viewsElephantintheRoom

Thé radioactive fallout in the Leiston triangle gives them a big home advantage though

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

leiston f.c on 16:00 - Feb 9 with 1710 viewshoppy

They're3 points behind, but now got 3 games in hand on Tamworth as they lost on Tuesday evening.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

leiston f.c on 16:00 - Feb 9 with 1714 viewsitfcjoe

Doing great and surprised it is not picked up more by paper - Suffolk non league having a very good season and would really help Ipswich if a couple of clubs could get up into Step 1 or 2

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

leiston f.c on 16:41 - Feb 9 with 1589 viewsjaykay

leiston f.c on 16:00 - Feb 9 by itfcjoe

Doing great and surprised it is not picked up more by paper - Suffolk non league having a very good season and would really help Ipswich if a couple of clubs could get up into Step 1 or 2

as i said if had been needham or a morsley team they would been over this like a rash.
the eadt did a piece at the start of the season on the non league teams and they reckoned needham would be the top side in suffolk non leagues. they fighting relegation now.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

leiston f.c on 16:43 - Feb 9 with 1586 viewsgainsboroughblue

leiston f.c on 16:00 - Feb 9 by itfcjoe

Not terribly up with the pyramids. Would steps 1 and 2 be the level of vanarama north/south etc?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

leiston f.c on 16:43 - Feb 9 with 1587 viewsclive_baker

Yeah doing very well. Think they'll find it a big step if they do go up, but will have earned the chance. Darren Eadie doing a good job there as joint manager, shouldn't like him but he's a good guy to be fair.

Weird to think Leiston could be on Football Manager next season.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

leiston f.c on 16:46 - Feb 9 with 1579 viewsclive_baker

leiston f.c on 16:43 - Feb 9 by gainsboroughblue

Not terribly up with the pyramids. Would steps 1 and 2 be the level of vanarama north/south etc?

Yeah if they're promoted this season they'll go into National League North / South. Or Conference North / South in old money.

Maybe if Colchester suffer a bad run of form over the next few weeks they'll only find themselves 1 division above Leiston next season...

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

leiston f.c on 17:07 - Feb 9 with 1504 viewsSharkey

Don't Sudbury and Leiston play at the same level, though in different leagues?

My bad - I see now Leiston are the same level as the Isthmian league, and Sudbury are in the Isthmian North.

Bury are surely Suffolk's great under-achievers, no?
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 17:13]
leiston f.c on 17:17 - Feb 9 with 1464 viewsJammyDodgerrr

leiston f.c on 16:43 - Feb 9 by clive_baker

Yeah doing very well. Think they'll find it a big step if they do go up, but will have earned the chance. Darren Eadie doing a good job there as joint manager, shouldn't like him but he's a good guy to be fair.

Weird to think Leiston could be on Football Manager next season.

Yeah, know him a bit personally from where i work and he is a nice guy, always happy to give time up to chat.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

leiston f.c on 22:43 - Feb 9 with 1140 viewsParisBlue

leiston f.c on 16:46 - Feb 9 by clive_baker

Yeah if they're promoted this season they'll go into National League North / South. Or Conference North / South in old money.

Maybe if Colchester suffer a bad run of form over the next few weeks they'll only find themselves 1 division above Leiston next season...

Location is a problem for the Suffolk clubs. Lowestoft were placed in the Conderence North resulting in some very long trips. Costs go up, and with the extra travel can be harder to attract players.

If they did go up every chance they could be playing Scunthorpe next year, maybe Oldham too. Then there's Darlington, Hereford, Chester. Some biggish clubs there for non-league.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

leiston f.c on 23:14 - Feb 9 with 1091 viewsgainsboroughblue

leiston f.c on 22:43 - Feb 9 by ParisBlue

Location is a problem for the Suffolk clubs. Lowestoft were placed in the Conderence North resulting in some very long trips. Costs go up, and with the extra travel can be harder to attract players.

If they did go up every chance they could be playing Scunthorpe next year, maybe Oldham too. Then there's Darlington, Hereford, Chester. Some biggish clubs there for non-league.

It's a weird one that. If you were to draw a line across the map of England, Lowestoft is more or less level with Birmingham. I'm guessing this is what their criteria is for distribution, especially if the clubs that drop out of the Conference are all based in the South.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

leiston f.c on 23:32 - Feb 9 with 1057 viewsgiant_stow

I went to a game there. Nice ground and decent support - good luck to them.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

leiston f.c on 00:14 - Feb 10 with 1000 viewsLeistonBlue

Doing absolutely fantastically. What a season so far, Tamworth have been dropping points recently as well which has helped. Fingers crossed for the rest of the season!
leiston f.c on 00:32 - Feb 10 with 986 viewsLeistonBlue

You’re absolutely right. If Leiston were to go up it’s almost definite that they’d be put in the conference north (for context, Gloucester are in the conference north this season). Would no doubt be a huge financial challenge if the blues were to go up this season, especially given that they struggle to get more than 250 people in for home league games. The people I’ve spoken to at the club, however, are willing to embrace that challenge and give staying in the league above a very good go despite the limited resources, if that situation were to arise.
leiston f.c on 00:35 - Feb 10 with 980 viewsParisBlue

leiston f.c on 23:14 - Feb 9 by gainsboroughblue

It's a weird one that. If you were to draw a line across the map of England, Lowestoft is more or less level with Birmingham. I'm guessing this is what their criteria is for distribution, especially if the clubs that drop out of the Conference are all based in the South.

Brackley are in the Conference North and are as North as Ipswich. So we'd be categorised as Northern.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

leiston f.c on 00:41 - Feb 10 with 974 viewsLeistonBlue

leiston f.c on 00:35 - Feb 10 by ParisBlue

Brackley are in the Conference North and are as North as Ipswich. So we'd be categorised as Northern.

So interestingly, as far as the FA is concerned, Suffolk is categorised as a ‘border county’. This means that the allocation of a club in Suffolk isn’t set in stone, rather dependent of the number of northern and/or southern teams in the league in that season. It just so happens that recently, step two of non league has been very southern heavy, meaning that Leiston would almost definitely be put into the national league north should the question arise.
leiston f.c on 01:53 - Feb 10 with 930 viewsStNeotsBlue

leiston f.c on 00:35 - Feb 10 by ParisBlue

The boundaries vary season to season, a few years ago St. Neots had a play off game against Truro to get in the then Conference South. These days they're playing mostly Midlands based teams at a level below, the costs are a big factor.
leiston f.c on 02:46 - Feb 10 with 912 viewsArnoldMoorhen

leiston f.c on 16:41 - Feb 9 by jaykay

as i said if had been needham or a morsley team they would been over this like a rash.
the eadt did a piece at the start of the season on the non league teams and they reckoned needham would be the top side in suffolk non leagues. they fighting relegation now.

Enjoy it! I used to love going to the non-League team in the town I used to live in when Ipswich weren't at home. A totally different experience, and it felt that every shout and cheer I gave contributed.

It sucks how local media is so biased (see also LookNorwich...) but just enjoy the season for what it is, and I hope that you stick it to them at the end of the season!
leiston f.c on 08:47 - Feb 10 with 612 viewsitfcjoe

I think they were due to be in South, but then Hereford went bust and they got put in North - and it's so far from everywhere. I think most teams flew down to Lowestoft that season, which is fine for one big game a year.....but Lowestoft can't fly back every week so was just so much travelling.

Guernsey fly every week (obviously) so must have some serious money behind them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024