Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Injury time concession yet again 21:43 - Feb 7 with 2357 viewsTrequartista

Would have been Fleetwood in the next round had we squeaked this, almost a bye to the FA Quarter Finals

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Injury time concession yet again on 21:45 - Feb 7 with 2252 viewsTalkingBlues

The story of our season

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Injury time concession yet again on 21:47 - Feb 7 with 2193 viewsNeedhamChris

The arrogance of some of our fans is unbelievable. The same Fleetwood that held us at Portman Road?

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Injury time concession yet again on 21:47 - Feb 7 with 2180 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Absolutely. We should be comfortable beating Premier-league bound Burnley and there is no way we could have failed to beat Fleetwood. The Cup was pretty much there for the taking.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Injury time concession yet again on 21:47 - Feb 7 with 2150 viewsTrequartista

Injury time concession yet again on 21:45 - Feb 7 by TalkingBlues

The story of our season

I seem to be in a minority tonight of people gutted we've lost injury time, the majority are happy.

Injury time concession yet again on 21:48 - Feb 7 with 2143 viewsbournemouthblue

Injury time concession yet again on 21:47 - Feb 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

Absolutely. We should be comfortable beating Premier-league bound Burnley and there is no way we could have failed to beat Fleetwood. The Cup was pretty much there for the taking.

Ha ha

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Injury time concession yet again on 21:53 - Feb 7 with 1987 viewsTalkingBlues

Injury time concession yet again on 21:47 - Feb 7 by Trequartista

I seem to be in a minority tonight of people gutted we've lost injury time, the majority are happy.

I didn’t give a monkeys prior to the match tbh, but it seemed to get more important to me when it looked like we were in with a shout, but then we conceded the usual injury time goal and I laughed at myself.

It’s the hope that kills you.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Injury time concession yet again on 21:53 - Feb 7 with 1981 viewsWestSussexBlue

Injury time concession yet again on 21:47 - Feb 7 by Trequartista

At Look Picture Bigger The🙃
Injury time concession yet again on 21:57 - Feb 7 with 1808 viewsTrequartista

Injury time concession yet again on 21:47 - Feb 7 by NeedhamChris

The arrogance of some of our fans is unbelievable. The same Fleetwood that held us at Portman Road?

When are we going to a better opportunity to get to an FA Cup quarter-final than drawing Fleetwood at home in the 5th round? OK, of course its not a given, but you're not going to get a much more favourable draw in round 5 than that.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 21:59]

Login to get fewer ads

Injury time concession yet again on 22:00 - Feb 7 with 1723 viewsNeedhamChris

Injury time concession yet again on 21:57 - Feb 7 by Trequartista

When are we going to a better opportunity to get to an FA Cup quarter-final than drawing Fleetwood at home in the 5th round? OK, of course its not a given, but you're not going to get a much more favourable draw in round 5 than that.

I don't disagree with that now you've moved away from 'almost a bye' - once we work out how to beat these teams in the league maybe then we can say such things.

Injury time concession yet again on 22:00 - Feb 7 with 1694 viewsgainsboroughblue

And we had to get past the best team in the Championship by a country mile to get to that point. We pushed them hard but didn't quite manage it.

Yeah, we've conceded late on again but it's hardly comparable to when we've let leads slip in the bread and butter games.

I've a tinge of disappointment but I was much more gutted against Charlton, Plymouth et al.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Injury time concession yet again on 22:02 - Feb 7 with 1627 viewsOldFart71

To be quite honest I would rather us lost at PR than trapse all the way up to Burnley and lose 2-1 in injury time. Still I suppose it gives those on Anglia TV something to gloat about again given that it may as well be called Norwich TV. Not that BBC East is any better. Yes it's a admirable defeat against a team that look destined for the Prem. Having such a hard game makes me wonder how we will be against Wednesday. How harder game they had at Fleetwood. Players these days don't seem to have the same ability as those as with our replays against Leeds where we didn't have basically two teams to grind out a result. That is something we do seem to be lacking. No I don't wish to go back to the McCarthy style but a bit of bloody mindedness wouldn't go amiss.
Injury time concession yet again on 22:03 - Feb 7 with 1595 viewsFunge

Injury time concession yet again on 21:47 - Feb 7 by NeedhamChris

The acceptance of mediocrity from some of our fans is unbelievable.

The same Fleetwood that brought an away following of 68, to Portman Rd?

Real shame tonight, as it goes.
Injury time concession yet again on 22:06 - Feb 7 with 1515 viewsNeedhamChris

Injury time concession yet again on 22:03 - Feb 7 by Funge

Yes, that Fleetwood who drew 1-1 with us.

I'm not happy about it at all, and think McKenna is getting a fairly easy ride right now given how terrible our form is. That doesn't mean we're in any position to refer to teams we can't beat in the league as a bye - and it's arrogant and a bit daft to suggest it is.

Injury time concession yet again on 22:06 - Feb 7 with 1504 viewsRyorry

FT
Fleetwood 1 - 0 Sheff Wed

Grimsby 3 - 0 Luton

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Injury time concession yet again on 22:08 - Feb 7 with 1414 viewsTrequartista

Injury time concession yet again on 22:00 - Feb 7 by NeedhamChris

I don't disagree with that now you've moved away from 'almost a bye' - once we work out how to beat these teams in the league maybe then we can say such things.

That was a bit naughty of me.

Injury time concession yet again on 22:10 - Feb 7 with 1382 viewsTrequartista

Injury time concession yet again on 22:00 - Feb 7 by gainsboroughblue

And we had to get past the best team in the Championship by a country mile to get to that point. We pushed them hard but didn't quite manage it.

Yeah, we've conceded late on again but it's hardly comparable to when we've let leads slip in the bread and butter games.

I've a tinge of disappointment but I was much more gutted against Charlton, Plymouth et al.

Agree, definitely a deeper gutted feeling in league games. But not to the point of it being for the best.

Injury time concession yet again on 22:11 - Feb 7 with 1372 viewsmultiplescoregasms

Not sure what the 68 fans to Portman Road has to do with it to be honest. Are you saying the more fans one team has means they are going to win?
Injury time concession yet again on 22:13 - Feb 7 with 1330 viewsSimonds92

Injury time concession yet again on 22:00 - Feb 7 by gainsboroughblue

Its not a shock by any means and there was no real expectation but ultimately when we've taken it to injury time in the replay its a real opportunity and again we've not taken it. It's just another scenario we've let slip. If we go on to win Saturday and string a number if wins together then great we won't even be thinking about tonight but in all honesty I'm not expecting us to do that which makes tonights result a bit more disappointing.
Injury time concession yet again on 22:13 - Feb 7 with 1330 viewsNthQldITFC

Next season, from the Championship, or the one after that from the Premier League.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Injury time concession yet again on 22:18 - Feb 7 with 1258 viewsBigCommon

Getting excited about a possible cup quarter final, is king of mediocrity...
Injury time concession yet again on 22:19 - Feb 7 with 1237 viewsFunge

Injury time concession yet again on 22:11 - Feb 7 by multiplescoregasms

Not sure what the 68 fans to Portman Road has to do with it to be honest. Are you saying the more fans one team has means they are going to win?

Yes multiplescoregans that's what it means.
Injury time concession yet again on 22:20 - Feb 7 with 1189 viewsFunge

Injury time concession yet again on 22:18 - Feb 7 by BigCommon

Getting excited about a possible cup quarter final, is king of mediocrity...

What.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024