Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seeing the reaction to Saturday 09:26 - Feb 6 with 4034 viewsBobbychase

Concerns me if, as is likely, we end up in the play-offs.

Buckle up folks. You've seen nothing yet in terms of twists and turns and needing to hold your nerve.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 11:36 - Feb 6 with 1244 viewsGunnsAirkick

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 11:27 - Feb 6 by textbackup

Everything is pointing towards a miserable semi final knock out. 1-0 after 180mins of football.

But we’ll have big crowds, so that will be celebrated in some strange circles.

I can take losing, and drawing, but this is now a sustained period of poor results, can only hope KM has an idea of how to fix it.

I can see it happening, I hope you're wrong but it would be the most Ipswich thing ever wouldn't it? After Saturday, we have a run of five games on paper we should be winning, then three tougher games. I predict we'll do better in the tougher ones and find a way to screw up the 'easier' ones. I don't know what's going on, but I hope arrogance hasn't set in and we're expecting to win without putting any effort in.
Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 11:38 - Feb 6 with 1232 viewsFrimleyBlue

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:55 - Feb 6 by BlueBadger

In all fairness, Frimmers hasn't 'turned', he's been running with the whole 'booooooo smarmy' for a long while tho.

Most of us if we'd embarrassed ourselves in public as badly as that would have quietly started a new life. Frimmers has opted to use it as a base for his personality.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 10:59]

Do you just copy and paste?

If you wish to ignore my praise of KM leading upto November that's upto you. Strange but not surprising of you to do so.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 11:43 - Feb 6 with 1206 viewsFrimleyBlue

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 11:09 - Feb 6 by homer_123

'It's also embarrassing that no one can accept that players aren't performing...''

Patently untrue.

Its not untrue.

As said a few weeks ago.

Aside from Ladapo who people wanted replacing.. no other player apparently was off form, despite wanting new signings.
No one has been letting us down.
You say burns.. he's fine
Morsy. Captain fantastic
Walton.. Best keeper we've had for years
Chaplin.. one of the best

Etc etc
If people really believed we had an under performing team. They wouldn't be so triggered when people claim some need to be dropped.

Waka waka eh eh

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 11:43 - Feb 6 with 1209 viewstextbackup

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 11:36 - Feb 6 by GunnsAirkick

I can see it happening, I hope you're wrong but it would be the most Ipswich thing ever wouldn't it? After Saturday, we have a run of five games on paper we should be winning, then three tougher games. I predict we'll do better in the tougher ones and find a way to screw up the 'easier' ones. I don't know what's going on, but I hope arrogance hasn't set in and we're expecting to win without putting any effort in.

The current plan isn’t working, that’s clear from the results. So imo we have 17 games to find a way of putting something into place that best works for this squad/team. Whether that be trying a new formation, or anything (I genuinely don’t have the answer) but 4 wins in 3 months is piss poor, regardless of how we’ve dominated games, it’s a results business.

If we can take 11/12 wins into the PO I might be slightly confident. At the moment I can see us flopping into the playoffs with no momentum or form, as per when we played norwich, and it’ll be over before we’ve even kicked a ball

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

“Don’t worry, about a thing…. on 11:46 - Feb 6 with 1198 viewsBloots

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 11:27 - Feb 6 by textbackup

Everything is pointing towards a miserable semi final knock out. 1-0 after 180mins of football.

But we’ll have big crowds, so that will be celebrated in some strange circles.

I can take losing, and drawing, but this is now a sustained period of poor results, can only hope KM has an idea of how to fix it.

…..cos every little thing is gonna be alright”

Or something like that.

Top of the league for possession though.

Clap, clap, clapitty clap.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

“Don’t worry, about a thing…. on 11:50 - Feb 6 with 1182 viewstextbackup

“Don’t worry, about a thing…. on 11:46 - Feb 6 by Bloots

…..cos every little thing is gonna be alright”

Or something like that.

Top of the league for possession though.

Clap, clap, clapitty clap.

I was thinking back to that, nobody seemed to have the passion to care back then, this was clear for the players to see, in turn we flopped out the league.

They should absolutely be aware that currently this isn’t acceptable.

Personally I didn’t boo, or clap them off.

“Don’t worry, about a thing…. on 12:49 - Feb 6 with 1097 viewsBseaBlue

“Don’t worry, about a thing…. on 11:50 - Feb 6 by textbackup

I was thinking back to that, nobody seemed to have the passion to care back then, this was clear for the players to see, in turn we flopped out the league.

'Personally I didn’t boo, or clap them off.' I've always thought that was a more effective way of managing it to be honest. A bit like when the wife gives you the silent treatment and I'd imagine that would certainly make the players think!

I think there is very valid arguments on both sides of the fence this weekend. I personally find it embarrasing that we are still in league one, let alone the 4 wins in 3 months. However, we have to hold our nerve. The last thing we need is that air of anxiety lingering around again when it comes to the dog fight.

KMAC needs to find the formula pretty sharpish or he may find himself under considerable pressure should we get to the summer having wilted to the end of the season (A bit like Cook post the demolition man summer)
“Don’t worry, about a thing…. on 14:59 - Feb 6 with 1038 viewstextbackup

“Don’t worry, about a thing…. on 12:49 - Feb 6 by BseaBlue

'Personally I didn’t boo, or clap them off.' I've always thought that was a more effective way of managing it to be honest. A bit like when the wife gives you the silent treatment and I'd imagine that would certainly make the players think!

I think there is very valid arguments on both sides of the fence this weekend. I personally find it embarrasing that we are still in league one, let alone the 4 wins in 3 months. However, we have to hold our nerve. The last thing we need is that air of anxiety lingering around again when it comes to the dog fight.

KMAC needs to find the formula pretty sharpish or he may find himself under considerable pressure should we get to the summer having wilted to the end of the season (A bit like Cook post the demolition man summer)

Yep, when I was younger my mum would scream and shout… after a few years you get used to it and it doesn’t have the desired effect.

However, when my dad gave a look of displeasure, and stayed silent, that absolutely destroyed me! You could feel the disappointment, which was so much worse

I think whatever happens that KM should remain, he’s still very young, and will learn from this.

Login to get fewer ads

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 15:15 - Feb 6 with 998 viewsITFCed

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:08 - Feb 6 by itfcsuth

Infuriates me the reaction when we drop points. The air of arrogance that we should stroll this league is ridiculous - spending money doesn't guarantee or give you the right to win anything - endless amounts of examples have shown this in football history.

It's a turgid league, really demanding and difficult to get out of with teams low block defending 85% of the time. Teams with smaller resources really do raise their games against us, often finding extra % against the 'bigger' team.

We sit 3rd in the league, having a difficult patch, and too many fans are wilting already, absolutely pathetic - you have to stick with your team when they go through the rough patches - it's what being a fan is all about.

10 draws!! 5 of those should be wins, Charlton, Cheltenham, Lincoln, Barnsley, Cambridge. I may have even forgotten another 2, that’s because of our players not doing it at the right time!

Poll: Who was the player of the tournament in your opinion?

“Don’t worry, about a thing…. on 16:12 - Feb 6 with 949 viewsbobbyramsey

“Don’t worry, about a thing…. on 14:59 - Feb 6 by textbackup

Yep, when I was younger my mum would scream and shout… after a few years you get used to it and it doesn’t have the desired effect.

However, when my dad gave a look of displeasure, and stayed silent, that absolutely destroyed me! You could feel the disappointment, which was so much worse

I think whatever happens that KM should remain, he’s still very young, and will learn from this.

“I think whatever happens that KM should remain, he’s still very young, and will learn from this.”

But will he “learn”? If my memory serves me well we were having similar problems nearly a year ago….
Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 16:27 - Feb 6 with 915 viewsKropotkin123

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:11 - Feb 6 by FrimleyBlue

4 wins. 3 months.

3 months!

How is it entitlement or arrogance to want more than that when we've spent what we have on players.

We re 3rd yes. But thank fk for that first period of the season.

We played 2 games in November, stop presenting facts in their worst possible light. 4w, 6d, 2l in that time. Let me demonstrate.

2 loses. 4 months.

4 months!

See how ridiculous that sounds? We are 1.5pgg in that period and need to do better.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 16:39 - Feb 6 with 907 viewsFrimleyBlue

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 16:27 - Feb 6 by Kropotkin123

We played 2 games in November, stop presenting facts in their worst possible light. 4w, 6d, 2l in that time. Let me demonstrate.

2 loses. 4 months.

4 months!

See how ridiculous that sounds? We are 1.5pgg in that period and need to do better.

Lol. It still shows we struggle to win games. Which is what you need to do.

So no its not better to try defend a rubbish 3 month spell by saying oh but it's OK because...

Waka waka eh eh

I'm still trying to forget on 16:45 - Feb 6 with 871 viewsDyland

“Don’t worry, about a thing…. on 11:50 - Feb 6 by textbackup

I certainly didn't boo. And I absolutely didn't stick around to sing and clap (what, encouragement or something?!), with Lambert standing in front of it looking serious and nodding his head in amazement. Too fookin right it's nae normal. I cleared off sharpish.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 16:47 - Feb 6 with 860 viewsKropotkin123

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 11:43 - Feb 6 by FrimleyBlue

Its not untrue.

As said a few weeks ago.

Aside from Ladapo who people wanted replacing.. no other player apparently was off form, despite wanting new signings.
No one has been letting us down.
You say burns.. he's fine
Morsy. Captain fantastic
Walton.. Best keeper we've had for years
Chaplin.. one of the best

Etc etc
If people really believed we had an under performing team. They wouldn't be so triggered when people claim some need to be dropped.

My problem has never been saying people or the team aren't performing. I don't believe we have been good enough defensively.

Chaplin = 4 goal in past 7 league games. 12 in 25 league starts. Identifying players like him is precisely why people don't agree with you. If you had picked any central defender, I'd have said "yes".

You've said Burns hasn't been performing well all season. But he has 5 goals and 5 assists in 25 starts. So he is likely to get into double figures for goals and assists this season.

But you don't mention Harness, who we did get a replacement for. He has 5 goals and 2 assists, after scoring 3 in his first 4 league games. Not good enough.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 16:55 - Feb 6 with 835 viewsKropotkin123

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 16:39 - Feb 6 by FrimleyBlue

Lol. It still shows we struggle to win games. Which is what you need to do.

So no its not better to try defend a rubbish 3 month spell by saying oh but it's OK because...

Yes, it does, but it also shows that you exaggerate to make a point, which was my point. Not the nonsense you are making up in your second paragraph.

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 16:55 - Feb 6 with 834 viewsFrimleyBlue

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 16:47 - Feb 6 by Kropotkin123

My problem has never been saying people or the team aren't performing. I don't believe we have been good enough defensively.

Chaplin = 4 goal in past 7 league games. 12 in 25 league starts. Identifying players like him is precisely why people don't agree with you. If you had picked any central defender, I'd have said "yes".

You've said Burns hasn't been performing well all season. But he has 5 goals and 5 assists in 25 starts. So he is likely to get into double figures for goals and assists this season.

But you don't mention Harness, who we did get a replacement for. He has 5 goals and 2 assists, after scoring 3 in his first 4 league games. Not good enough.

I've mentioned Harness. In other posts. Didn't feel the need to write them all down

I'm not interested in just going by goal stats and saying that player is excellent.
Burns might say performances don't matter if you score. Performances do matter as it might help us score other goals at important times. If he wasn't so desperate to hit another ball as hard as he can at goal he might have played in one of our players on sat to score a winner.
Let alone if he could try at getting crosses past the first defender or when he does.. don't find the corner flag.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 17:29]

Waka waka eh eh

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 22:53 - Feb 6 with 741 viewsreusersfreekicks

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:28 - Feb 6 by FrimleyBlue

It's embarrassing to you.

It's embarrassing to me that people take to message boards claiming we have the best manager in the league. Best team in the league, Etc when we've only won 4 games in 3 months.

It's also embarrassing that no one can accept that players aren't performing, yet surely if they were all performing we wouldn't have such a rubbish record.

Either side of the fence is embarrassing to those on the opposite side.

We all want the same thing. But these posts about entitlement and arrogance are bizarre.

Embarrassing that supporters rate their own manager highly! Behave.
Maybe watch someone else on ifollow
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024