Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... 19:06 - Feb 3 with 3438 viewsThisIsMyUsername

of the completely braindead, ignorant, uneducated and so easily gaslit member of the British public who is directly complicit in the UK leaving the EU and being in its current socioeconomic mess.

This guy did not string a single coherent sentence together in over 18 minutes, and ticked off just about every square on the Brexiteer bingo board.

I find it sad in the literal sense that Brexit happened because of people like this (or did it happen because of the people who manipulated him?). I feel a true sense of grief for what was taken away, and complete apathy with regards to where we've been left. I've had dreams where I've been in arguments with people like this and my dream self has been reduced to tears of anger and frustration.

I've never been remotely political or interested in anything related to what goes on in Westminster, but for some reason this whole sorry episode has triggered something inside of me which feels really raw and personal. I'm not sure if I'm being overly dramatic, or if it's perfectly OK to feel this way. But I just felt like sharing.

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 19:29 - Feb 3 with 3296 viewsBlueBadger

Bit rude. He clearly has Very Real Concerns.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 19:29 - Feb 3 with 3296 viewsgtsb1966

The bit you put in brackets is the answer. Brexit and the ramifications were way above 90% of the people who were eligible to vote on the outcome. You'll get the likes of Badger et al who call out the 52% time and time again as right wing without thinking about the real reasons they voted the way they did.
From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 19:31 - Feb 3 with 3287 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I managed about 4 minutes. You are entirely correct that it was the "Up yours Delors" attitude that won it and was far removed from my own motives. All politicians and parties are to blame for allowing this disconnect to occur and allowing so many to feel that there is nothing left to lose.
Also mildly amusing to be in a place where 'the left use the IMF and BoE to back up their position but there you have it.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 19:33 - Feb 3 with 3271 viewsMattinLondon

He didn’t tick off ‘bendy bananas’ so there’s room for improvement in the callers performance
From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 19:59 - Feb 3 with 3191 viewsBlueBadger

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 19:29 - Feb 3 by gtsb1966

The bit you put in brackets is the answer. Brexit and the ramifications were way above 90% of the people who were eligible to vote on the outcome. You'll get the likes of Badger et al who call out the 52% time and time again as right wing without thinking about the real reasons they voted the way they did.

The facts were all there. Not my fault if a) you chose to ignore them and b) you get the piss taken out of you for falling for obvious conmen Farage, Galloway and Johnson.

Not everyone who voted 'leave' was racist and stupid.

Some were just stupid.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2023 20:01]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 20:09 - Feb 3 with 3168 viewsPavlovsCat

Many moons ago myself and a couple of mates were being driven home from town by the father of one of these mates. He asked if any of us were interested in politics, we all said no. He replied, you will be!

Of course, he was right. Like you I’ve never felt so angered by a government interested only in enriching itself at the expense of the less privileged. A government led by a narcissistic liar, so corrupt and self-centred, he persuaded the country to curtail its freedom of movement and vote itself out of the largest trading block in the world. A government aided and abetted by a right wing media and a tax-avoiding elite who convinced the country’s flag-encrusted, racist, knuckle-draggers, that the Romanians were after their jobs.

In fact, angry doesn’t begin to describe my feelings… as you can tell! 🤣
From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 20:13 - Feb 3 with 3139 viewsgtsb1966

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 19:59 - Feb 3 by BlueBadger

The facts were all there. Not my fault if a) you chose to ignore them and b) you get the piss taken out of you for falling for obvious conmen Farage, Galloway and Johnson.

Some were just stupid.

That made me laugh. Nobody has taken the piss but nearly every post you 'contribute' too on the subject of Brexit you call out people as racist and thick. Stop backtracking.
From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 20:29 - Feb 3 with 3085 viewsThisIsMyUsername

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 20:09 - Feb 3 by PavlovsCat

Many moons ago myself and a couple of mates were being driven home from town by the father of one of these mates. He asked if any of us were interested in politics, we all said no. He replied, you will be!

Of course, he was right. Like you I’ve never felt so angered by a government interested only in enriching itself at the expense of the less privileged. A government led by a narcissistic liar, so corrupt and self-centred, he persuaded the country to curtail its freedom of movement and vote itself out of the largest trading block in the world. A government aided and abetted by a right wing media and a tax-avoiding elite who convinced the country’s flag-encrusted, racist, knuckle-draggers, that the Romanians were after their jobs.

In fact, angry doesn’t begin to describe my feelings… as you can tell! 🤣

Your comment about freedom of movement made me think of the clip of Priti Patel hideously announcing with delight on her face that she'd been given the task of ending the free movement of people. People like you and I.

From my perspective being part of the EU meant having a close relationship with our immediate neighbours; to maintain positive bonds and links with those with whom we were united during the atroscities of the 1930s and 40s, and in the modern day even the nation(s) of its perpetrators, to hopefully prevent it from happening again; to benefit from the complete freedom of cultural exchange and enrichment; and simply to have an extrospective view of the world, rather than an introspective one.

Instead we have been led away from all of that by people like Andy the coach driver who can barely even speak his own language, let alone understand anything I've listed, and takes all his 'cultural encrichment' from The Sun newspaper or the Mail Online (assuming he can read and/or use a computer).

It's incredibly and tragically sad.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2023 20:30]

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Login to get fewer ads

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 21:01 - Feb 3 with 2939 viewsNthsuffolkblue

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 19:59 - Feb 3 by BlueBadger

Some were just stupid.

To be fair, there were also those who are profiting from the bonfire of regulations they wanted. Otherwise known as unscrupulous bosses and corrupt politicians.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 21:18 - Feb 3 with 2883 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 20:29 - Feb 3 by ThisIsMyUsername

Your comment about freedom of movement made me think of the clip of Priti Patel hideously announcing with delight on her face that she'd been given the task of ending the free movement of people. People like you and I.

From my perspective being part of the EU meant having a close relationship with our immediate neighbours; to maintain positive bonds and links with those with whom we were united during the atroscities of the 1930s and 40s, and in the modern day even the nation(s) of its perpetrators, to hopefully prevent it from happening again; to benefit from the complete freedom of cultural exchange and enrichment; and simply to have an extrospective view of the world, rather than an introspective one.

Instead we have been led away from all of that by people like Andy the coach driver who can barely even speak his own language, let alone understand anything I've listed, and takes all his 'cultural encrichment' from The Sun newspaper or the Mail Online (assuming he can read and/or use a computer).

It's incredibly and tragically sad.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2023 20:30]

Shouldn't citizens of the World be free to move regardless of the whims of ruling elites and the interests of big business. It's almost like we are a secondary concern.

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 21:21 - Feb 3 with 2850 viewsNthsuffolkblue

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 21:18 - Feb 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

Shouldn't citizens of the World be free to move regardless of the whims of ruling elites and the interests of big business. It's almost like we are a secondary concern.

Allow the swarms to swamp us? Haven't you heard? We are full! They would bankrupt us with the benefits we would be forced to pay them all.

But, yes, us Brits should have the freedom to roam the Empire and they will benefit from all we have to offer them.

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 21:38 - Feb 3 with 2784 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 21:21 - Feb 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Allow the swarms to swamp us? Haven't you heard? We are full! They would bankrupt us with the benefits we would be forced to pay them all.

But, yes, us Brits should have the freedom to roam the Empire and they will benefit from all we have to offer them.

Bring on the swarm and all it brings

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 03:53 - Feb 4 with 2587 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I’m just glad TWTD will help you get through it.
From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 06:03 - Feb 4 with 2520 viewsChurchman

Some were just stupid.

I agree with this apart from the facts being there. They really weren’t. The government had no idea how the country actually worked, what its relationships were with the EU, how the EU worked or what the consequences would be if we left. Not the foggiest. Nobody did. There was no plan, no idea.

The conmen, as you rightly call them, had no idea either. Their argument was based on lies and rhetoric. Even the scribbles on the bus were inaccurate. To this day the swivel eyed brigade believe the nonsense. It’s now somebody’s fault for not making it a hard enough Brexit. Maybe they should read a bit more widely than the Beano and they might just find it’s the complete opposite. The information is all there if they want to read it and so are the people that worked on it.

Farage, Johnson and the rest of them should be tried for crimes against the state, treason, whatever. The damage they’ve done is staggering and it’ll only get worse. Yet they have personally done rather nicely. Funny that.

I never had any love for the political side of the EU and don’t think much of it now. But it looked at the time an act of economic insanity to leave it and it seemed far more sensible for the U.K. to use its weight with like minded countries to reform it from the inside.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 6:04]
From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 09:58 - Feb 4 with 2301 viewsDJR

Whilst I think Brexit is a tragedy, James O'Brien is a bit of a one-trick pony on this and has been banging on about it for six years.

The problem is neither of the main parties wants to touch the issue, so we are just going to have to live with it, and humiliating the odd listener to his show who happens to support Brexit ain't going to change a thing, however much it comforts Remainers.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 10:53]
From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 11:00 - Feb 4 with 2203 viewsJ2BLUE

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 09:58 - Feb 4 by DJR

Whilst I think Brexit is a tragedy, James O'Brien is a bit of a one-trick pony on this and has been banging on about it for six years.

The problem is neither of the main parties wants to touch the issue, so we are just going to have to live with it, and humiliating the odd listener to his show who happens to support Brexit ain't going to change a thing, however much it comforts Remainers.

To be fair, it's not like he's calling these people and giving them abuse. They are phoning in.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 11:03 - Feb 4 with 2183 viewsChurchman

I don’t think it can be lived with. Sooner or later, Starmer is going to have to try and rescue something from the wreckage. He’s not a stupid man and I suspect when the current parasites are kicked out he will engage properly with the EU, even if it doesn’t appear in their manifesto.
From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 11:09 - Feb 4 with 2161 viewsDJR

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 11:00 - Feb 4 by J2BLUE

To be fair, it's not like he's calling these people and giving them abuse. They are phoning in.

That's true but I still think he is largely preaching to the converted.

In that sense, it's a bit like a Billy Bragg concert.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 11:10]
From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 11:13 - Feb 4 with 2131 viewsDJR

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 11:03 - Feb 4 by Churchman

I don’t think it can be lived with. Sooner or later, Starmer is going to have to try and rescue something from the wreckage. He’s not a stupid man and I suspect when the current parasites are kicked out he will engage properly with the EU, even if it doesn’t appear in their manifesto.

I think you may well be right.

The problem though is that he is pandering to those on the right on this and other issues, and there is a danger he just won't be allowed to deviate much from the path he has chosen.
From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 11:25 - Feb 4 with 2108 viewsJ2BLUE

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 11:09 - Feb 4 by DJR

That's true but I still think he is largely preaching to the converted.

In that sense, it's a bit like a Billy Bragg concert.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 11:10]

Agree with that. Think the same is true for most things though. There are very few media outlets which seem balanced and the ones that are (like the BBC IMO) are then attacked by both sides.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 15:31 - Feb 4 with 1923 viewsNthsuffolkblue

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 11:00 - Feb 4 by J2BLUE

It was quite amusing the point at which the caller said he was too tired to be able think coherently as he had just completed a long drive.

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 17:33 - Feb 4 with 1833 viewsHARRY10

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 19:29 - Feb 3 by gtsb1966

yes, xenophia and racism.

Thats what has blinded them, and still does, to facts and evidence.
From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 17:36 - Feb 4 with 1822 viewsHARRY10

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 20:13 - Feb 3 by gtsb1966

That made me laugh. Nobody has taken the piss but nearly every post you 'contribute' too on the subject of Brexit you call out people as racist and thick. Stop backtracking.

"you call people racist and thick. Stop backtracking"

there we are, English without the newspeak
From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 17:53 - Feb 4 with 1754 viewsHARRY10

eh ?

The movement started way back and is continuing. Check the 'taking back control' shy te. Over three years and the government has all but abandoned the idea of import controks. Even the lunatic Truss is talking about inctreasing the numbers allowed to enter to work

And todays the EU has pointed out that should the stick insects law to remove all compatible EU law go ahead the UK will beinbreach of agreement and will see tariffs put on UK goods.

And the endless whining that the UK will cancel the Irish protocol is now being dropped, as was the bleat that the EU could go whistle for the money agreed. There is no need, the UK is paying up, and will continue to do so.

the opposition (all parties) are currently steering clear of brexit because they know it will be a distraction in the next GE. But they also know that, other than the right wing cranks of the ERG, most now accept (in fact want) closer ties with the EU - which will continue to uncrease.

When that becomes a formal approach to join is anyones guess, but it is more likely by the day.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/downton-abbey-venue-scrap-weddin

something that is happening up and down the country, and the reason busineses continue to move out of the UK
From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 18:15 - Feb 4 with 1689 viewsSwansea_Blue

From James O'Brien today. The most perfect example... on 11:25 - Feb 4 by J2BLUE

Agree with that. Think the same is true for most things though. There are very few media outlets which seem balanced and the ones that are (like the BBC IMO) are then attacked by both sides.

Why should media outlets be balanced? What we need is decent investigative journalism and accurate reporting. It was the BBC with its balance and platforming of Farage at every opportunity that helped lead us into this farce.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024