Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freddie or Hirst to start v Camb Utd? 22:16 - Jan 24 with 1575 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Freddie's shirt to lose at the moment for me.

Be interested to see how strong KMcK goes against Burnley in the cup.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Freddie or Hirst to start v Camb Utd? on 22:20 - Jan 24 with 1518 viewsvilanovablue

I suspect Hirst, Broadhead and Clatke may start. I think Mckenna may Fancy it, Burnley focused on promotion.
Freddie or Hirst to start v Camb Utd? on 22:23 - Jan 24 with 1485 viewsJDB23

Probably the best I’ve seen Fred play tonight and not just because he scored 2. Hirst barely touched the ball after coming on, have to feel he’ll have to wait a bit to start in the league unless KMcK sees something tactical.
Freddie or Hirst to start v Camb Utd? on 22:23 - Jan 24 with 1478 viewsGlasgowBlue

Freddie or Hirst to start v Camb Utd? on 22:20 - Jan 24 by vilanovablue

I suspect Hirst, Broadhead and Clatke may start. I think Mckenna may Fancy it, Burnley focused on promotion.

Clarke is cup tied so JD will start. I'd definitely start Hirst to get him closer to match fitness.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Freddie or Hirst to start v Camb Utd? on 22:50 - Jan 24 with 1331 viewsvilanovablue

Freddie or Hirst to start v Camb Utd? on 22:23 - Jan 24 by GlasgowBlue

Clarke is cup tied so JD will start. I'd definitely start Hirst to get him closer to match fitness.

Good spot, thanks.
Freddie or Hirst to start v Camb Utd? on 23:01 - Jan 24 with 1277 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Fred for me. There has to be some reward for 2 goals and a good performance and only serves to demoralise him otherwise. Also think he's a far better starter than sub. Would play Hirst against Burnley if not Cup tied?
Freddie or Hirst to start v Camb Utd? on 23:25 - Jan 24 with 1208 viewsBigCommon

Ladapo back to goal, with Broadhead and Chaplin buzzing around, looked really effective tonight... I can see that being our go to league match set up...(League games being more important, imo)..
Tbf on Hirst, he fed on scraps tonight when he came on. Might see him start against Burnley if KM is looking for a bit more pace on the break.. I know he's still probably finding his feet in our set up. But, imo, doesn't look too comfortable up there on his own , atm... I personally don't think hes much of an upgrade on Ladapo. More that, they are different types of player. So it will be "horses for courses" as KM sees fit...
For my money, Freddy has worked really really hard on his game, and at half way through the season is looking a much better player now, in terms of what KM wants from him. And dovetailing with the players around him.. Something Hirst may take a few more games to get the hang of.
One thing I thought Hirst could have done more of tonight. as it wasn't really going for him. Was just try to use a bit of nous and buy the odd foul up the pitch. It seemed to me, that most of what was slung up to him, just came straight back..
Freddie or Hirst to start v Camb Utd? on 00:13 - Jan 25 with 1115 viewsWickets

Think he will start the same side against Cambridge fitness allowing . He said he will rotate for Burnley as you would expect .
Freddie or Hirst to start v Camb Utd? on 00:46 - Jan 25 with 1079 viewsPimsNumber1

Freddie or Hirst to start v Camb Utd? on 23:01 - Jan 24 by mattyhollandsirish

Fred for me. There has to be some reward for 2 goals and a good performance and only serves to demoralise him otherwise. Also think he's a far better starter than sub. Would play Hirst against Burnley if not Cup tied?

Hirst looks very wooden ....cannot see what the fuss is about .Yes he's not played and a bit unfit but was that because he's certainly not good enough for tge championship ?
Can't say he looks anything at all except a bambie on ice
Login to get fewer ads

Freddie or Hirst to start v Camb Utd? on 00:51 - Jan 25 with 1069 viewsclive_baker

I think he can rotate a fair amount for Burnley and still be strong.

Think Hirst will start with Aluko and Harness behind him. Burns probably starts although there’s merit in resting him for Cambridge. Maybe Jackson to deputise, not that I rate him.

Hladky in goal, JD right back, Woolfenden & Burgess in the middle. I would be tempted to give Davis a break, maybe Leigh coming in on the left. Humphries + 1 in the middle. Can feasibly change 8 or 9 from tonight and still have an intriguing line up. We’ll be wanting to win it that’s for sure, but equally it’s a balance innit with the primary priority being the league. Would love a big 5th round tie though.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Freddie or Hirst to start v Camb Utd? on 07:39 - Jan 25 with 849 viewsIpswichKnight

Suspect it will be Freddie, KM rotates the strikers with them playing 90 minutes over 2 games. Hirst to get 70 mins against Burnley with Freddie getting 20 then reversing it against Cambridge
Freddie or Hirst to start v Camb Utd? on 09:30 - Jan 25 with 715 viewsArnieM

I hope McK sticks with the team that started last night , for most of Feb. We need continuity to facilitate partnerships / understanding to develop. Too much rotation when there’s no need to.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Freddie or Hirst to start v Camb Utd? on 09:36 - Jan 25 with 702 viewsBuffaloBill

Freddie or Hirst to start v Camb Utd? on 22:23 - Jan 24 by JDB23

Probably the best I’ve seen Fred play tonight and not just because he scored 2. Hirst barely touched the ball after coming on, have to feel he’ll have to wait a bit to start in the league unless KMcK sees something tactical.

Maybe my imagination but they deliberately were pinging it into his feet at pace. And at closer range, the ability for him to either hold his man off and or play someone in was very different last night, noticeably so.

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024