Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At home! 16:10 - Jan 8 with 1381 viewsNthsuffolkblue

To Burnley. Good draw.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

At home! on 16:10 - Jan 8 with 1368 viewsNutkins_Return

Home good. But a bit boring...
At home! on 16:11 - Jan 8 with 1322 viewsWD19

Good in what sense?

A good test of near term ambition if that’s what you mean, but they will likely be too strong for us and there is no glamour in the tie whatsoever.
At home! on 16:13 - Jan 8 with 1251 viewsDubtractor

At home! on 16:11 - Jan 8 by WD19

Good in what sense?

A good test of near term ambition if that’s what you mean, but they will likely be too strong for us and there is no glamour in the tie whatsoever.

Indeed - surprised by a few posts saying that's a good draw/winnable.

No glamour at all, and they will almost certainly have too much for us based on their performances this season.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

At home! on 16:17 - Jan 8 with 1156 viewsibbleobble

At home! on 16:13 - Jan 8 by Dubtractor

No glamour at all, and they will almost certainly have too much for us based on their performances this season.

Completely agree. They’re flying. It’ll be an entertaining game but a brave exit is imminent.
At home! on 16:17 - Jan 8 with 1143 viewstonybied

Like Newcastle had too much for Wednesday last night due to the form they had been in all season you mean?

It's the cup, a one off game, league position or current form means little.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 16:19]
At home! on 16:19 - Jan 8 with 1079 viewslegoman

At home! on 16:17 - Jan 8 by ibbleobble

Completely agree. They’re flying. It’ll be an entertaining game but a brave exit is imminent.

We'll hammer em.

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

At home! on 16:21 - Jan 8 with 1050 viewsNthsuffolkblue

At home! on 16:11 - Jan 8 by WD19

Good in what sense?

It's at home, an attractive footballing side so should be a good match and, yes it is a chance for players to show how close or far away we are from where the aspiration should be.

I would rather that than any team in the same league who we are playing anyway and than a mediocre Prem side.

Yes, one of the top sides would have been nicer and a lower league one would have given us more chance to continue to progress in the competition. But I am happy with that.

If we win it is an achievement; if we lose it is only to be expected. It also shouldn't be a tie to cause players to take their eye off the ball in the league. It's not like "Oh, I don't want to risk my chance to play against Burnley"!

At home! on 16:23 - Jan 8 with 1021 viewsKentish_Tractor

Depends what sort of a side they put out. 1st Team vs 1st Team, they win.

If they play some reserves and we play our strongest side - I'd fancy us.

Should be a decent enough crowd. We shall see...

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Login to get fewer ads

At home! on 16:23 - Jan 8 with 1020 viewscbower

Nothing to lose. No points at stake. They play football. They are top of the table and will expect to win. Go at them, get a decent crowd going and put in a performance. Like I say, nothing to lose.

bluescouser

At home! on 16:23 - Jan 8 with 1020 viewsringwoodblue

Depends what type of team they and we put out but it’s not an exciting draw for us

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

At home! on 16:23 - Jan 8 with 1013 viewstractorboy1978

It'll be a really good game I reckon. Two teams going toe to toe playing on the front foot in a similar style. They should beat us but we are more suited to playing those sort of teams and we are better than/as good as half the Championship IMO.
At home! on 16:25 - Jan 8 with 961 viewsbazza

Mr glass half empty over here 😂
At home! on 16:25 - Jan 8 with 953 viewsSitfcB

That’s the spirit!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

At home! on 16:26 - Jan 8 with 941 viewsDubtractor

At home! on 16:23 - Jan 8 by tractorboy1978

It'll be a really good game I reckon. Two teams going toe to toe playing on the front foot in a similar style. They should beat us but we are more suited to playing those sort of teams and we are better than/as good as half the Championship IMO.

I'm sure it will be a very entertaining game, with two teams taking the game to each other, but I'm being realistic given Burnley's season and the fact that they seem to be getting stronger still each week.

It'll be a good test for us though, and a good indicator of where we're at.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

At home! on 16:26 - Jan 8 with 942 viewsTJS

Not a bad draw for me.
In the context of where we want to be in the next couple of years it will be a good test.
Getting humiliated at home to one of the big six would tell us nothing.
At home! on 16:26 - Jan 8 with 930 viewsibbleobble

At home! on 16:21 - Jan 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

It's at home, an attractive footballing side so should be a good match and, yes it is a chance for players to show how close or far away we are from where the aspiration should be.

I would rather that than any team in the same league who we are playing anyway and than a mediocre Prem side.

Yes, one of the top sides would have been nicer and a lower league one would have given us more chance to continue to progress in the competition. But I am happy with that.

If we win it is an achievement; if we lose it is only to be expected. It also shouldn't be a tie to cause players to take their eye off the ball in the league. It's not like "Oh, I don't want to risk my chance to play against Burnley"!

It’s a defeat though. Personally I’d rather a mid-table prem side with questionable form than a top of the table championship side. Mind you, I have romantic ideas about reaching the fifth round or quarter finals.
At home! on 16:29 - Jan 8 with 879 viewsNthsuffolkblue

At home! on 16:26 - Jan 8 by Dubtractor

I'm sure it will be a very entertaining game, with two teams taking the game to each other, but I'm being realistic given Burnley's season and the fact that they seem to be getting stronger still each week.

It'll be a good test for us though, and a good indicator of where we're at.

If it will be a very entertaining game with two teams taking the game to each other, what is there not to like about it?

At home! on 16:37 - Jan 8 with 816 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Another home draw - good for the team and better for most fans.

It will be a useful challenge against a side that play quite nice football under Kompany. A rare opportunity for us to raise our game and show what we can do when we have more freedom to knock it around nicely. Remember that Wednesday's reward for last night's heroics is to play host to Fleetwood.

Clearly they'll be the favourites but with good support, we've a decent chance of springing an upset.

I would have shrugged if we had drawn them under Dyche, but very much looking forward to this, even if it wasn't one I would have picked beforehand.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024