Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Talking Town 23:27 - Jan 7 with 7118 viewsdominiciawful

Why do they exist?

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Talking Town on 23:52 - Jan 7 with 5133 viewsBecclesITFC

They are not the BBC, they are amateurs who are tying their best to build a bit of content for us to listen to for FREE! If you don’t like them don’t listen to them.

As for what happened earlier, assume that’s the nature of your post, they have apologised. What Colin said was old fashion language, which TT have just apologised. Please remember they are amateurs! I like their content and accept their apology, as will the vast majority of their listeners.

Anyway. Great win today! Uppa Towen!
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 10:26]
Talking Town on 23:59 - Jan 7 with 5072 viewsFixed_It

Talking Town on 23:52 - Jan 7 by BecclesITFC

They are not the BBC, they are amateurs who are tying their best to build a bit of content for us to listen to for FREE! If you don’t like them don’t listen to them.

As for what happened earlier, assume that’s the nature of your post, they have apologised. What Colin said was old fashion language, which TT have just apologised. Please remember they are amateurs! I like their content and accept their apology, as will the vast majority of their listeners.

I hope they haven't 'condoned' it!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Talking Town on 00:06 - Jan 8 with 5039 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

#BeKind to armatures!
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 0:07]
Talking Town on 02:17 - Jan 8 with 4768 viewsIllinoisblue

“Content” is doing a lot of heavy lifting here. It’s just a handful of fans giving their “I reckon, right” opinions.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Talking Town on 04:31 - Jan 8 with 4672 viewsKropotkin123

To talk about Town?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Talking Town on 06:33 - Jan 8 with 4547 viewsPinewoodblue

Talking Town on 00:06 - Jan 8 by SuperKieranMcKenna

#BeKind to armatures!

Shocking

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Talking Town on 07:23 - Jan 8 with 4446 viewsFixed_It

Talking Town on 00:06 - Jan 8 by SuperKieranMcKenna

#BeKind to armatures!

This really isn't fair. 'Condoned' has been edited out and yet 'armatures' continues unscathed.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Talking Town on 07:59 - Jan 8 with 4320 viewsMach_foreignBlue

If you don't like it don't watch it. No point whingeing about it.
Login to get fewer ads

Talking Town on 08:34 - Jan 8 with 4233 viewsbluejacko

Just what is it that people do not like? As they are doing similar stuff to Blue Monday it can only be that there is a dislike for the people running it! A lot have said they don’t even watch it yet sound off about how bad it is??
Talking Town on 08:38 - Jan 8 with 4208 viewsKieran_Knows

Talking Town on 08:34 - Jan 8 by bluejacko

Just what is it that people do not like? As they are doing similar stuff to Blue Monday it can only be that there is a dislike for the people running it! A lot have said they don’t even watch it yet sound off about how bad it is??

Their attitudes that almost their opinions are of that of the whole fan base.

Pretentious bunch of idiots.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Talking Town on 08:49 - Jan 8 with 4114 viewsGlasgowBlue

Talking Town on 08:34 - Jan 8 by bluejacko

I listen to both when driving to and from work, although I turn off if Matt Phillips is on as he is so negative and condescending.

Both in style and content, Talking Town is like reading a tabloid whereas BM is like reading a more thoughtful broadsheet.

Both have their place, but TT let themselves badly last night in a way that BM wouldn’t. Sadly Cruncher has doubled down on twitter and blamed everyone else for having it in for TT, which is a shame as of the three I quite like his passion for the club.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 8:56]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Talking Town on 08:51 - Jan 8 with 4100 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Talking Town on 08:38 - Jan 8 by Kieran_Knows

'Pretentious bunch of idiots'

Says who? Are you a TWTD's 'ambassador of decency and honesty'? So many of them on here.

They could call you an idiot too.

Why do you watch it then?
Talking Town on 09:10 - Jan 8 with 3935 viewsBloomBlue

The Youtube, Podcasts etc and the internet in general allows 'amateurs' to broadcast their views on a particular subject, which personally I think is a good thing. Some will agree with those views, some will disagree, but the beauty of the Internet is you have to click on a button to start/stop a broadcast and therefore if you don't like it you don't have to listen to it.

*Obviously if the broadcast breaks any laws then it should be removed
Talking Town on 09:15 - Jan 8 with 3879 viewsEwan_Oozami

Talking Town on 06:33 - Jan 8 by Pinewoodblue

Shocking

They just wind everybody up....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Talking Town on 09:20 - Jan 8 with 3834 viewsMatterhorn

Talking Town on 09:15 - Jan 8 by Ewan_Oozami

They just wind everybody up....

The internet is also handy to find the correct way to spell words you’re not quite sure of!
Talking Town on 09:55 - Jan 8 with 3659 viewsMullet

You can't ignore them easily at all.

Hopefully this is the push needed to finally get rid.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Talking Town on 10:08 - Jan 8 with 3512 viewsbluejacko

Talking Town on 09:55 - Jan 8 by Mullet

Not welcome! So who is being pretentious now? You certainly don’t speak for everyone on here do you? Don’t like don’t listen or watch simple isn’t it.
Talking Town on 10:14 - Jan 8 with 3439 viewstivo

Their 'Apology' stating they're so busy when on air they miss things. FFS... you're meant to be interviewing these people... the people in the background are literally pulling :O when this guy is talking because they're in shock...and the TT guys dont even realise what his saying is archaic.
Talking Town on 10:16 - Jan 8 with 3430 viewsBecclesITFC

Talking Town on 09:55 - Jan 8 by Mullet

I would suggest this forum has its problems too. Maybe we should finally ‘get rid’ of this platform too then?

Or maybe, like what happens here, when issues arise we label it, stamp it out, move on!

Talking Town is pub chat, it has a place.

That’s my opinion!
Talking Town on 10:22 - Jan 8 with 3339 viewsRegencyBlue

Talking Town on 08:38 - Jan 8 by Kieran_Knows

Never come across that attitude on here at all!

Talking Town on 10:38 - Jan 8 with 3215 viewsMullet

Talking Town on 10:08 - Jan 8 by bluejacko

Not welcome! So who is being pretentious now? You certainly don’t speak for everyone on here do you? Don’t like don’t listen or watch simple isn’t it.

Who said anything about pretentious? They're about as low brow as you get, a terrible copy of Arsenal TV and everyone else's ideas it seems.

They're literally not welcoming on TWTD after trying to start a war of words with Phil and slagging the place off for attention. What are you on about?

Talking Town on 10:40 - Jan 8 with 3186 viewsMullet

Talking Town on 10:16 - Jan 8 by BecclesITFC

I would suggest this forum has its problems too. Maybe we should finally ‘get rid’ of this platform too then?

Or maybe, like what happens here, when issues arise we label it, stamp it out, move on!

Talking Town is pub chat, it has a place.

That’s my opinion!

That's great but nothing to do with the idea of yours they're just harmless amateurs having a go, or anything I posted.

Talking Town on 10:42 - Jan 8 with 3173 viewsSlimitfc91

Talking Town on 10:40 - Jan 8 by Mullet

That's great but nothing to do with the idea of yours they're just harmless amateurs having a go, or anything I posted.

Do you not think they are harmless amateurs ?
Talking Town on 10:44 - Jan 8 with 3149 viewsMullet

Talking Town on 10:42 - Jan 8 by Slimitfc91

Do you not think they are harmless amateurs ?

Nope, they accept cash for what they do and they are far from harmless. I think those on here defending them are also pretty disrespectful to Phil and TWTD given the history they have of slating everyone.

Being bad and a bit hapless doesn't make it ok.

Talking Town on 10:46 - Jan 8 with 3114 viewsSlimitfc91

Talking Town on 10:44 - Jan 8 by Mullet

Nope, they accept cash for what they do and they are far from harmless. I think those on here defending them are also pretty disrespectful to Phil and TWTD given the history they have of slating everyone.

Being bad and a bit hapless doesn't make it ok.

Fair enough, I don’t watch any of these types of things, I like to form my own opinion, whether it is right or wrong
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024