Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
we're buying our way out of this league....but 22:22 - Jan 7 with 2214 viewsblueysbackside

does anyone care?
we're buying our way out of this league....but on 22:30 - Jan 7 with 2144 viewsGuthrum

To some extent the majority of teams who get promoted (in the modern era) have invested money in hiring decent players and coaching staff. Or have retained them after relegation.

The reason the likes of Derby were mocked is because they simply hoovered up all the decent players available and still weren't able to put together a good enough squad to go up.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

we're buying our way out of this league....but on 22:33 - Jan 7 with 2121 viewsJ2BLUE

No, if it works then great.

Every team is trying to buy their way out of the league. We just happen to have more resources than most at the moment. Under Evans we were told we couldn't compete with the top clubs in league one by Milne (I think). Not like money equals success anyway or we would have won the league last year. Plymouth didn't spend a fortune in the summer and they are top.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

we're buying our way out of this league....but on 22:34 - Jan 7 with 2106 viewsChurchman

Not if it works. Whatever it takes in my view.
we're buying our way out of this league....but on 22:51 - Jan 7 with 1943 viewsringwoodblue

It’s called speculate to accumulate. If we don’t spend, we don’t get promotion and the investors don’t make the money they need

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

we're buying our way out of this league....but on 23:00 - Jan 7 with 1862 viewsVaughan8

I don't care.................but if it was another team we'd all be hoping they fail (ala Derby) haha

I thought we'd get one striker, but not 2! Excuse my ignorance, and its probably been done earlier today, but i'm guessing these two forwards are different kinds of players?
we're buying our way out of this league....but on 23:07 - Jan 7 with 1802 viewsTheBoyBlue

After years being run on shoestring, I can live with it.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

we're buying our way out of this league....but on 00:06 - Jan 8 with 1546 viewsSitfcB

Disagree.

£1million isn’t noting these day, inflation innit.

We’re sensible in our transfer approach not going all gung ho.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

we're buying our way out of this league....but on 00:13 - Jan 8 with 1491 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Plymouth are loaning their way out of this league!
Login to get fewer ads

we're buying our way out of this league....but on 00:59 - Jan 8 with 1300 viewsAlphacentauri76

we're buying our way out of this league....but on 00:13 - Jan 8 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Plymouth are loaning their way out of this league!

Plymouth are taking a very sensible approach based on limited resources.
What they do have in the background that non of you have noticed are billionaires who hold a small stake in the club but will be the majority holders in time.
Money is available to spend on players and this includes loanes if they so require them.
It's no different to ipswich loaning players out, it's available for a reason and if a club can use that properly they will reap rewards.
Plymouth are a mediocre club with a fairly small stadium currently but will in time be extended to probably 25k, this will bring them more in line with other championship clubs.
we're buying our way out of this league....but on 01:20 - Jan 8 with 1234 viewsBigCommon

Be interesting to know what our actual net spend ,on transfers is this season. Given that we got a hefty sell on from Downes move. And we got a bit for Simpson... Yeah we've spent on a few players and their contracts. But how much of that is in the red, being as we also off loaded a few contracts in the Summer.
Shrewd investments like Davis and the emergence of Humphreys will definitely be adding value to our squad assets.
Leigh, Ball, Ladapo and Luongo , all free transfers?
Books are probably a lot more balanced than some people think.
We've definitely spent some, for sure. But you have to invest to progress. Like I say, be interesting to know the net spend. I don't think the figure is as hefty as some people assume. Which is probably why we are able to go again in this window.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 1:22]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024