Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? 05:33 - Jan 4 with 14754 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

49 pages this thread on Pasoti and the majority are just slagging us off. Every thread on there is them just hating us as a club, the players, the fans etc.

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/morgan-whittaker-thread-update-recalled-confirmed.1

Apparently they got to where they are by hard work whereas we are only here because of big spending and arrogance.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2023 6:03]

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 06:05 - Jan 4 with 9245 viewsSaigonTractor

I quite like them honestly.

Though I can't exactly blame them if a few of them don't like us. Especially if we do end up taking Whittaker.

I'd be annoyed too if a team we were fighting for promotion with massively outspent us and then nicked our top scorer in January. But that's just how ruthless you need to be in football.
Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 06:50 - Jan 4 with 9034 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Just had a look at the front page of their forum and the only thread on there about us is one talking about tickets for the game in a couple of weeks

Meanwhile we have at least 3/4 about them on the first page on here, including this one

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 07:09 - Jan 4 with 8874 viewsOwainG1992

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 06:05 - Jan 4 by SaigonTractor

I quite like them honestly.

Though I can't exactly blame them if a few of them don't like us. Especially if we do end up taking Whittaker.

I'd be annoyed too if a team we were fighting for promotion with massively outspent us and then nicked our top scorer in January. But that's just how ruthless you need to be in football.

Yeah we used to generally dislike teams like Derby in the championship who seemed to be trying to do there what we are doing in league one.
Hopefully with more success mind you.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 07:11 - Jan 4 with 8851 viewsSitfcB

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 07:09 - Jan 4 by OwainG1992

Yeah we used to generally dislike teams like Derby in the championship who seemed to be trying to do there what we are doing in league one.
Hopefully with more success mind you.

Hahaha you can’t compare what we’re doing to what Derby did.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 07:21 - Jan 4 with 8719 viewsSitfcB

And people on here and twitter are moaning about our fans being disrespectful towards them, haha have a day off and f’ck them, hardly being complimentary about us are they.

Saying we’re on our way to administration and lazy in our recruitment etc etc they don’t know our story or how we are being run now.

COYB

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 07:24 - Jan 4 with 8678 viewsSaigonTractor

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 07:11 - Jan 4 by SitfcB

Hahaha you can’t compare what we’re doing to what Derby did.

We're not irresponsibly gambling like Derby were, but it was definitely frustrating watching us try to do things the "right" way under Evans only to scrape the playoffs one season playing awful football while everyone else spent ridiculous amounts.

I imagine that's what some Plymouth fans feel like now.
Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 07:48 - Jan 4 with 8401 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 06:50 - Jan 4 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Just had a look at the front page of their forum and the only thread on there about us is one talking about tickets for the game in a couple of weeks

Meanwhile we have at least 3/4 about them on the first page on here, including this one

I’ve literally linked a thread in the OP that is entirely about us. Read the first two pages and literally every single reply is about us.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 07:51 - Jan 4 with 8346 viewstractordownsouth

I quite like Plymouth. The suggestion there should be a rule you can’t play for 2 clubs in the same league is laughable though. From their point of view I can understand the frustration but that’s a ridiculous reaction; I was annoyed when we lost Daryl Murphy to Newcastle 3 days before the window ended but that’s life unfortunately.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think Whittaker will be coming here anyway

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

[Redacted] on 08:01 - Jan 4 with 8183 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 08:14 - Jan 4 with 8000 viewsITFC_Forever

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 07:51 - Jan 4 by tractordownsouth

I quite like Plymouth. The suggestion there should be a rule you can’t play for 2 clubs in the same league is laughable though. From their point of view I can understand the frustration but that’s a ridiculous reaction; I was annoyed when we lost Daryl Murphy to Newcastle 3 days before the window ended but that’s life unfortunately.

I was more annoyed we didn't replace Murphy. As sad as it was inevitable.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 08:21 - Jan 4 with 7893 viewsChurchman

I don’t know why they are so uptight about us. They are the best team in the division, have won four straight games and look to have one foot in the Championship.
Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 08:32 - Jan 4 with 7658 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 07:48 - Jan 4 by The_Romford_Blue

I’ve literally linked a thread in the OP that is entirely about us. Read the first two pages and literally every single reply is about us.

That thread is from Sunday and is about a player they had on loan being recalled. Looking at the first 2 pages over half of the posts don’t even mention us, and of those that do there are only 8 or 9 which are moaning about us which is in the context of us being interested in said player. 2 or 3 of the posts are complimentary of us

But carry on trying to create a non-existent rivalry with err, Plymouth, if it makes you feel better

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 08:34 - Jan 4 with 7586 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 07:51 - Jan 4 by tractordownsouth

Could be dead in the water by the end of the weekend if he appears for Swansea on Sunday

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 08:37 - Jan 4 with 7481 viewsMetal_Hacker

I kind of understand to a degree

You've got this "mega rich" club sniffing around one of their best players (allegedly) and an independent forum chatting about it relentlessly coupled with a bunch of folk apparently on Twitter goading Plymouth saying he's coming here etc

I'm sure if it were AN Other club doing it to us regrading Morsy for arguments sake we'd be pretty peeved too

That said - that's life and also part of being a football supporter I guess

My addition would be I don't think Whittaker will be coming here whilst I've got a hole in my derriere in all fairness . It's great there's an element of disruption but I genuinely believe he'll be back at Plymouth before month end .

Poll: If it were one or the other

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 08:39 - Jan 4 with 7408 viewsSitfcB

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 08:34 - Jan 4 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Could be dead in the water by the end of the weekend if he appears for Swansea on Sunday

He can’t play for them this weekend, cup-tied.

COYB

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 08:46 - Jan 4 with 7284 viewsKitman

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 08:32 - Jan 4 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That thread is from Sunday and is about a player they had on loan being recalled. Looking at the first 2 pages over half of the posts don’t even mention us, and of those that do there are only 8 or 9 which are moaning about us which is in the context of us being interested in said player. 2 or 3 of the posts are complimentary of us

But carry on trying to create a non-existent rivalry with err, Plymouth, if it makes you feel better

Perhaps Plymouth don't see their actual rivals geographically - Exeter (as my Exeter supporting pal confirms they are theirs) as worth a mention these days so they are scratching around for someone else to have a have a go at? Moneybags Ipswich seems therefore a natural target given where we are currently....

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 08:52 - Jan 4 with 7170 viewsHighgateBlue

I don't really have any strong feelings on the subject, but do you think that a player should be able to play for two different teams in the same Cup competition? (as opposed to league)
Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 08:56 - Jan 4 with 7128 viewsSitfcB

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 08:32 - Jan 4 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s a 49 page thread which started Sunday and is still going, I’d say over 50% of the posts in it mention Ipswich.

There’s a couple of posts from them literally saying there’s now a rivalry between them and us.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2023 9:00]

COYB

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 08:57 - Jan 4 with 7112 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

They have a point.

Our performance and league position has improved after significant investment.

We would probably be the same in their shoes.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 09:01 - Jan 4 with 6996 viewsBlueBlood90

I can't blame them when you look at some of our embarrassing fans piling in on all their social media platforms.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 09:06 - Jan 4 with 6868 viewsJ2BLUE

The idiots shout loudest on both sides.

95% of Town and Plymouth fans would probably get along and have a good chat about the season.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 09:14 - Jan 4 with 6715 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 08:39 - Jan 4 by SitfcB

He can’t play for them this weekend, cup-tied.

Ah didn’t realise that, 2 weeks time then

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 09:16 - Jan 4 with 6689 viewsOldFart71

Oh what a wonderful bunch they are. I am afraid that's football. If they had wealthy owners what would they do ? Buy all the dross up like we used to. No one expects or deserves anything without effort and hard work (except the feckless, who have never worked). ITFC fans have been through the mill for 20 years and whilst I say I think we deserve a bit of sunshine it still has to be earnt. You could have 11 World class players in your team, it still doesn't mean you get anywhere. If that means buying and I state buying a player that is ON LOAN at another club then so be it. I wouldn't like it and I know Plymouth won't. But when you are dealing in a dog eat dog situation that's as the yanks say "How the cookie crumbles"
Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 09:19 - Jan 4 with 6650 viewspafcprogs

Here is my take....

We don't hate Ipswich....and we don't lame you for wanting to take a very good player if he is available.....we do find it a little bit odd that there are about thirteen different threads on your forum obsessing about the players we have on loan...seven would have been plenty...our 49 pages are all four or so threads we managed merged...

The club getting the negs from us right now is Swansea....it seems pretty clear that MW wanted to stay and also that the manager jas no desire to play him ...so this is a case of monetising an asset.

Thyat said as we saw last season with Ryan Broom Posh wanted to sell him during his loan to us but he simply refused the deal....so the Swans might (and it is a might) end up with a player who doesn't especially want to play for them right now or be sold as he has a good contract declining to move....so then they have. an expensive bench warmer that might not even make the bench

What we have right now is a spare loan place we can utilise if MW isn't coming back.....and potentially who knows who we might sign...right now we look like a safe place to send young talent to develop...

It is. along four weeks to the end of the window so plenty of time for this to evolve....

In the interim we have signed two players already , both young and hungry that fit the mould for our owners model.

We think all the loan deals we have have early recall deadlines in them which is why the Swans had to trigger the recall so it looks like this is the owners trying to cash in....but as I say he doesn't have to mobve....he might....or he might decide he wants to fight for a place a dn review in the summer.

Adds a bit if spice but I would be surprised if he lines up against us Saturday week , even if he signs eventually....

As for who he might go to , I can't see a L1 club apart from you or the Wendies ( and probably not the Wendoies having the cash...which means a Championship side or a premier side who might hover him up and the loan him out again.....plus the Swans need cash nor cancelled debt apparently to invest in new players the manager does want....

Most of the post are wishing MW well and thanking him for his time with us....and hoping Derby win in the cup which gives his another blank weekend to get Azaz back into the team after his injury.

It is a blow but that's why we have a squad....

Ciao for now :)
Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 09:23 - Jan 4 with 6520 viewsSitfcB

Plymouth really seem to hate us don’t they? on 09:06 - Jan 4 by J2BLUE

The idiots shout loudest on both sides.

95% of Town and Plymouth fans would probably get along and have a good chat about the season.

Could be said about most sets of fans ‘in real life’ to be fair, it’s just the usual ‘banter’ and goading that happens on the serious thing that is the internet.

COYB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024