Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Humphreys 17:32 - Jan 3 with 3022 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I’ll start off by saying I don’t get to as many games as I used to, but watched us a few times this season and feel Humph is a bit unfortunate to not played last few but clearly needs his game time managed and Evans has certainly earned his place.

I wanted to ask views on his best role currently? He is clearly a talented boy and needs opportunities to develop in his best position in central midfield, however earlier in the season (before his spell alongside Morsy) I thought he would contribute playing in one of the No. 10 roles. Particularly with our injuries there and his ability to play on the turn, pick a pass and drift through lines

He’s clearly earned a role in CM, but I have always thought giving him a bit more freedom higher up the pitch would be interesting to see. He has the attributes
Humphreys on 17:33 - Jan 3 with 2986 viewsFrimleyBlue

I said he a perfect player for the 10 role. But you only imagine how that thought went with the forum.

I stand by it. All the attributes needed for a 10 imo.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Humphreys on 17:34 - Jan 3 with 2979 viewsSheffordBlue

He's had three cameos in that role - Charlton at the end of last season, Bracknell and yesterday. He's done well in all three

I agree that he's got the attributes - possibly his ability to take on and beat his man isn't as good as Harness but his ability to pick as pass is as good as anyone on the pitch and he strikes the ball well from the areas that he would get into.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Humphreys on 17:36 - Jan 3 with 2938 viewsblueislander

Humphreys on 17:33 - Jan 3 by FrimleyBlue

I said he a perfect player for the 10 role. But you only imagine how that thought went with the forum.

He could be if McKenna sees it that way, and is prepared to coach him.
Humphreys on 17:44 - Jan 3 with 2872 viewsBigCommon

I see him as more of a creative player than a destructive player. And also thought he'd be in one of those 10 spots, or as an advanced CM with license to move around into pockets and link up play or pick a through ball.. Evan's absence probably forced KM to play him a bit deeper. He did feature more as a 10, in our cup match at Bracknell. But never really got going further up the pitch. Wasn't 'til he dropped deeper that he came up with a nice long range pass to set up a goal late on... I'd like to see him given another chance further up the pitch, tbh.

Edit. Ithink he ticks a few boxes for the way our 10's play. Got a good engine to keep the press going . And, as mentioned, he's very creative, very clever player, imo.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2023 17:46]
Humphreys on 17:59 - Jan 3 with 2724 viewsEly_Blue

I’m inclined to agree, he doesn’t have the physique yet to battle with players in the cm role, see the goal vs Wycombe where I’d guess Evans would have been brushed off the ball so easily. I noticed the same when he replaced Evans against Oxford, he is soft in the tackle.

He’s better suited to the number 10 role as his goal showed yesterday

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Humphreys on 18:05 - Jan 3 with 2684 viewsbackwaywhen

Humphreys on 17:59 - Jan 3 by Ely_Blue

I’m inclined to agree, he doesn’t have the physique yet to battle with players in the cm role, see the goal vs Wycombe where I’d guess Evans would have been brushed off the ball so easily. I noticed the same when he replaced Evans against Oxford, he is soft in the tackle.

He’s better suited to the number 10 role as his goal showed yesterday

Hope gets to play the 10 against Rotherham in the cup , see how he does against decent opposition.
Humphreys on 18:12 - Jan 3 with 2616 viewsNutkins_Return

Definitely at L1 level he has the attributes to play 10. Agreed. (And if he develops in that position hopefully higher level there).

Probably most suits a midfield 3 as creative (A bit like Fraser for MK Dons). But he's got more energy/flexibility and dare i say stronger then Fraser despite his size.
Humphreys on 18:16 - Jan 3 with 2585 viewsSpruceMoose

The problem is that you say so much, all the time, relentlessly, randomly, that you're bound to get something right eventually. You don't really get credit for the 'throw everything at the wall and see what sticks' approach.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Humphreys on 18:22 - Jan 3 with 2544 viewsNthsuffolkblue

At the start of the match yesterday, I thought about Humphreys and Bishop. One is being brought through as he should be, eased into first team pitch time alongside an experienced head. The other played 36 matches aged 18 and was frequently unavailable through injury for years after.

Humphreys is an excellent prospect and is being handled very well at the moment.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2023 18:23]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Humphreys on 18:26 - Jan 3 with 2492 viewsFrimleyBlue

Humphreys on 18:16 - Jan 3 by SpruceMoose

The problem is that you say so much, all the time, relentlessly, randomly, that you're bound to get something right eventually. You don't really get credit for the 'throw everything at the wall and see what sticks' approach.

It's not about being right spruce. No interest in that. You might. But that's not what a public forum Is about.

Waka waka eh eh

Humphreys on 18:29 - Jan 3 with 2468 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Humphreys on 18:26 - Jan 3 by FrimleyBlue

It's not about being right spruce. No interest in that. You might. But that's not what a public forum Is about.

Quantity not quality.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Humphreys on 18:30 - Jan 3 with 2446 viewsXYZ

You express an opinion and have no interest in it being correct?
Humphreys on 18:31 - Jan 3 with 2441 viewsSpruceMoose

Well, I'm confused then, because why else did you just post another brainfart about being correct in your assessment of Humphreys while simultaneously complaining that you didn't get credit for being correct in saying it?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2023 18:32]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Humphreys on 18:44 - Jan 3 with 2383 viewsSpruceMoose

Humphreys on 18:29 - Jan 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Quantity not quality.

He must have made about 100 posts since yesterday. At a rough estimate, if he keeps up this pace, we are all set to enjoy around 37,000 insights in 2023.

Joy.

Humphreys on 18:56 - Jan 3 with 2292 viewsStokieBlue

Frimley, I've taken you off ignore, just wanted to be transparent. I ended up having to do this because there were so many threads where the context was hard to follow with such a large number of missing posts and as I am sure most will agree, in most debates context is key.

I know your advice is to stick you on ignore, it's even in your signature, however it's pretty much an unworkable policy in reality, at least for me.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Humphreys on 19:29 - Jan 3 with 2080 viewsFrimleyBlue

Humphreys on 18:56 - Jan 3 by StokieBlue

Frimley, I've taken you off ignore, just wanted to be transparent. I ended up having to do this because there were so many threads where the context was hard to follow with such a large number of missing posts and as I am sure most will agree, in most debates context is key.

I know your advice is to stick you on ignore, it's even in your signature, however it's pretty much an unworkable policy in reality, at least for me.

SB

Erm. OK thanks for letting me know.

Waka waka eh eh

Humphreys on 19:35 - Jan 3 with 2045 viewsFrimleyBlue

Humphreys on 18:31 - Jan 3 by SpruceMoose

Well, I'm confused then, because why else did you just post another brainfart about being correct in your assessment of Humphreys while simultaneously complaining that you didn't get credit for being correct in saying it?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2023 18:32]

I missed the part where I requested credit.

What was and is interesting, which was my point - The responses to those having the same view is very different to what was received originally.

But let's not ruin another posters thread by going back and forwards with endless posts of the same sht different day. :)
[Post edited 3 Jan 2023 19:39]

Waka waka eh eh

Humphreys on 19:38 - Jan 3 with 2030 viewsSpruceMoose

Humphreys on 19:35 - Jan 3 by FrimleyBlue

I missed the part where I requested credit.

What was and is interesting, which was my point - The responses to those having the same view is very different to what was received originally.

But let's not ruin another posters thread by going back and forwards with endless posts of the same sht different day. :)
[Post edited 3 Jan 2023 19:39]

You clearly implied it, FrimleyMakin.

Like I said. If you're posting 37,000 posts a year, it's a given that perhaps 1% of those won't be utter nonsense.

So, well done, here's the credit you were seeking.

Humphreys on 19:53 - Jan 3 with 1949 viewsStrimmer

He’s fantastic on the ball, great range and super intelligence. Simply does not have the physical power to compete in this league in a CM 2 yet so I’d definitely like to see him in one of the ten spots. Not too often though as someone’s already mentioned he needs a slow and steady progression into the first team

Poll: Was it a punch?

Humphreys on 20:41 - Jan 3 with 1781 viewsRobTheMonk

I see him as a left sided of a midfield 3 with licence to get forward.

Could play :

Humphreys --- Evans --- Morsy

New LW --- Take you pick of main striker --- Burns

Not saying this is what we should do, but it's an option for certain games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024