Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. 17:08 - Jan 3 with 3271 viewsle2blue

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23225349.george-hirst-update
George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:10 - Jan 3 with 3231 viewsiamipswich

I wasn't sure about this before he went to Blackburn and I'm not sure now. He may not even be on our radar but think we need someone with more than one good spell under their belt.

Poll: Who will return first?

George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:14 - Jan 3 with 3097 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Interesting. I personally think we need a striker who is proven/experienced and wiley at this level to help us push on for promotion.
George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:14 - Jan 3 with 3082 viewshatch

George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:14 - Jan 3 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Interesting. I personally think we need a striker who is proven/experienced and wiley at this level to help us push on for promotion.

Like James Norwood?
George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:14 - Jan 3 with 3082 viewsle2blue

George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:10 - Jan 3 by iamipswich

I wasn't sure about this before he went to Blackburn and I'm not sure now. He may not even be on our radar but think we need someone with more than one good spell under their belt.

He was Kieran's main summer target, you have to assume that would still be the case if he becomes available. He won't be going to a championship team and with the Cowleys out at Portsmouth, probably only increases the chances he comes here.

Proved in the second half of last season that he can do it at this level. More upside than Clarke-Harris given his age and better option than Wickham.
George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:15 - Jan 3 with 3049 viewsstrikalite

George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:14 - Jan 3 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Marriott is free now...
George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:17 - Jan 3 with 3009 viewsMatt_Netherlands

George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:14 - Jan 3 by le2blue

He was Kieran's main summer target, you have to assume that would still be the case if he becomes available. He won't be going to a championship team and with the Cowleys out at Portsmouth, probably only increases the chances he comes here.

Proved in the second half of last season that he can do it at this level. More upside than Clarke-Harris given his age and better option than Wickham.

Given his half a season hasn’t set the world alight, II wonder if Leicester might try and move him in permanently or with a loan to buy agreement.

If we got him in, I’d definitely want to see another attacker (midfielder or striker) in the door as well.
George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:23 - Jan 3 with 2856 viewsbobbyramsey

I wouldn’t want to be reliant on Hirst to shoot us into the Championship.
George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:24 - Jan 3 with 2836 viewstractorboy1978

George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:14 - Jan 3 by le2blue

I think the permanent deal ship may have sailed now - signed a long term contract on £20k+ (I think) a week.

McKenna really wanted him in the summer so maybe a loan? Although personally I am not hugely convinced he's the 'sure thing' we probably need at this point.
Login to get fewer ads

George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:24 - Jan 3 with 2827 viewsMatt_Netherlands

George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:15 - Jan 3 by strikalite

Marriott is free now...

Tbf I’d take a combo of hirst plus Marriott or hirst plus wickham.

Get Ahadme out in loan.
George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:26 - Jan 3 with 2780 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I would assume he’s right at the top of the names we’re seriously looking at.

Like has already been said he was (allegedly) our top target just a few months ago so would definitely still be on our radar

It will come down as to who else is/might come available and what sort of deal Ashton/McK are prioritising i.e permanent, loan to Permanent etc.
George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:32 - Jan 3 with 2659 viewsstrikalite

George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:24 - Jan 3 by Matt_Netherlands

Get Ahadme out in loan.

Well, it's what's available, free until the end of the season and coming off the bench with 15-20 minutes to go is something we lack, Marriott can still finish, I've seen him still finish..
George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:34 - Jan 3 with 2626 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Can someone explain please? “The loan cannot be cut short, but he can be recalled”
Isn’t that the same thing as cutting the loan short?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:35 - Jan 3 with 2589 viewshoppy

George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:24 - Jan 3 by Matt_Netherlands

Get Ahadme out in loan.

Ahadme would only be able to go back out on loan to Burton, having played for both us and them already this season.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:36 - Jan 3 with 2559 viewsSteve_M

George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:34 - Jan 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

Can someone explain please? “The loan cannot be cut short, but he can be recalled”

I assume that means Blackburn can’t unilaterally end the loan but Leicester can.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:42 - Jan 3 with 2460 viewsFromReuserWithLove

George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:14 - Jan 3 by hatch

Like James Norwood?

A good one preferably.
George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:46 - Jan 3 with 2370 viewsKieran_Knows

Welcome George 😉

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:47 - Jan 3 with 2340 viewsSheffordBlue

George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:34 - Jan 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

There's another article somewhere that basically says it would be a "by mutual consent" agreement to end the loan.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:48 - Jan 3 with 2333 viewsStewart27

George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:14 - Jan 3 by hatch

Like James Norwood?

Preferably somebody who would bag more than 5 goals a season.

Norwood had a good patch in division 4 about 5 years ago.
George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:48 - Jan 3 with 2324 viewsflettonblue

It leaves out some guesswork/context to the deal that I think means the club he's registered to has the upper hand eventhoigh it's a loan. . I think the bits they haven't said are the club he's on loan to cannot cut the loan short if they decide he's rubbish/they don't want to play him and to save some.money (so they're stuck with the player/paying the wages if the club he's registered to don't want him back before the deals up).

The club who owns him have the upper hand to the loan deal as they can recall him if they choose ( he's not playing,they don't like how he's being treated by the loaning club,they have lots of injuries etc)
George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:49 - Jan 3 with 2305 viewsSpruceMoose

Like James Norwood?

Assume that by proven you mean proven to be unable to stay fit, sober or out of trouble?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:54 - Jan 3 with 2208 viewstopguy

George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:24 - Jan 3 by tractorboy1978

I think the permanent deal ship may have sailed now - signed a long term contract on £20k+ (I think) a week.

McKenna really wanted him in the summer so maybe a loan? Although personally I am not hugely convinced he's the 'sure thing' we probably need at this point.

As his deal with blackburn as per lancashire telegraph they have an option to buy hense there is no recall so need LCs agreement prob for more than we offered which now would be lower given what he did, so dont rule out a loan with a view to buy at a fee agreed.
George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 17:57 - Jan 3 with 2159 viewsWeirdFishes

Not sure personally. He clearly wasn’t bothered about coming here in the summer so he’ll need to seriously delivery the goods, especially if it’s just another loan.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

George Hirst loan to Blackburn about to be cut short to be loaned out again. on 18:26 - Jan 3 with 1800 viewsParky

It’s got to be, surely. From all accounts, McKenna and Co were willing to spend almost £2m on him in the Summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024