Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3rd place 13:27 - Jan 3 with 1475 viewsbaxterbasics

Got to say, even though 3rd would be our best finish since relegation, that would still hurt given the time we've spent in the top 2 spots. But feels like between Town and Wednesday it is Town that blinked first. Fingers crossed this is just a temporary blip and at least one of Wednesday and Plymouth have a slump coming. Please no playoff drama.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

3rd place on 13:29 - Jan 3 with 1434 viewsFromReuserWithLove

IMO, third is a failure. We have the resources to be that side that runs away with the league. KM has done wonders to change the mentality at the club so i think it's still on. Carry the first half season form into the second and we'll win it.
3rd place on 13:32 - Jan 3 with 1402 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Far too early to be thinking like that. Every team has a slump, this is ours.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

3rd place on 13:38 - Jan 3 with 1344 viewsVic

This is the first day in months we've dropped out of the top two. Absolutely no reason to think that we wont pick up form again and overtake Wednesday when they next lose or draw a couple. Really no need to change our thinking now to a few weeks ago - we've made fantastic progress over the last year and whilst promotion is the target I'm not convinced the owners see it as an absolute red line necessity this year. I may be wrong - hopefully we won;t have to find out!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

3rd place on 15:09 - Jan 3 with 1145 viewsLankHenners

A few weeks ago Wednesday (and Plymouth) dropped points and we jumped ahead of them. We need a bit of improvement but things can switch around again very quickly, especially as the top 3 all play each other in the next 6 weeks.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

3rd place on 15:22 - Jan 3 with 1064 viewsSamWhiteUK

3rd place on 13:32 - Jan 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

Getting the hump because Wednesday are now above us makes no sense at all. They've been below us until now. If they got the hump and gave up as soon as they were below us, their season would have been over weeks ago. We are just as capable of overtaking them as they are us
3rd place on 16:17 - Jan 3 with 908 viewsBlueBoots

Some tough key games to play...Home to the 2 sides above us, and Away to the 3 sides currently directly below us; if we're hoping for an automatic promotion spot, need to be aiming for 10 points from those 5 games which is a big ask - achieve it, and I'll start to believe we're genuine contenders.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

3rd place on 16:38 - Jan 3 with 820 viewsbaxterbasics

3rd place on 13:32 - Jan 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

Yeah I know, 'don't panic' and all that... still we all know what it is like to feel hopeful and have the rug pulled!

I will try and just enjoy being a realistic contender, for a change

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

3rd place on 17:46 - Jan 3 with 685 viewsVaughan8

The amount of people worrying at 3rd place at this point is..................worrying.

Still 21 games left and things could happen this month (Games vs each other, transfers etc) so i'm not too worried yet!

Every team has a slump, and ours isn't that massive slump yet. Beat Plymouth and everyone will change again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024