Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) 17:52 - Dec 18 with 3265 viewsGarv

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 17:53 - Dec 18 with 2982 viewsgainsboroughblue

France have been psyched out in this shoot out.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 17:58 - Dec 18 with 2936 viewsZx1988

Would have been a yellow card in any other circumstance.

Referees seem entirely unwilling to take any sort of decisive action to stamp down on sh1thousery in penalty shoot-outs.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:00 - Dec 18 with 2918 viewsandytown

It’s ruining football for me. Blatant gamesmanship, same as Wycombe yesterday. Authorities need to do something to stamp it out fast for me,
Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:01 - Dec 18 with 2884 viewswellsy700

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 17:58 - Dec 18 by Zx1988

Would have been a yellow card in any other circumstance.

Referees seem entirely unwilling to take any sort of decisive action to stamp down on sh1thousery in penalty shoot-outs.

He did get a yellow in the end, but should have got one sooner

NZ Blue
Poll: Who stays? Who goes?

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:03 - Dec 18 with 2864 viewsZx1988

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:00 - Dec 18 by andytown

It’s ruining football for me. Blatant gamesmanship, same as Wycombe yesterday. Authorities need to do something to stamp it out fast for me,

There's no need for it, and it can be so easily stamped out.

As far as goalkeepers are concerned, there's absolutely no need for them to do anything other than move from the touchline to the goal line via the most direct route.

Goal line official is responsible for retrieving the ball from the back of the net and returning it to the referee, ball team responsible for doing the same with any missed shots.

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:05 - Dec 18 with 2831 viewsThe_Major

Here's a thought. Say he'd been booked during the match, and that was his second yellow.

I can only assume then we go old school and an outfield player has to go in?
Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:06 - Dec 18 with 2800 viewsGarv

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:00 - Dec 18 by andytown

Not helped by Lineker, who I generally like, giggling at it and Rio going "look at this guy man".

Fcuk off.

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:07 - Dec 18 with 2780 viewsArnieM

Ref should have sent him off That’d shoved a red hot poker up his Arsenal!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:09 - Dec 18 with 2754 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Cheating b4stard, but the rules allow it I guess.

Some rules need to come in to put a stop to it.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:12 - Dec 18 with 2711 viewsmylittletown

He should have been sent off.

The fact that, as noted by another poster, Lineker and Ferdinand seem to find it funny says a lot about their characters.
Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:14 - Dec 18 with 2670 viewsEastTownBlue

The Argentina subs in the corner should have seen a yellow card for booting and throwing the ball away as well.
Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:14 - Dec 18 with 2659 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:12 - Dec 18 by mylittletown

He should have been sent off.

The fact that, as noted by another poster, Lineker and Ferdinand seem to find it funny says a lot about their characters.

Bad example by those two.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:15 - Dec 18 with 2640 viewsWeWereZombies

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:05 - Dec 18 by The_Major

Here's a thought. Say he'd been booked during the match, and that was his second yellow.

Yep, it would have been interesting to see how well Messi would have coped had he been given that job to do...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:17 - Dec 18 with 2631 viewsmylittletown

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:14 - Dec 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Bad example by those two.

Ferdinand is about as insightful and intelligent as a garden vegetable, but Lineker is supposed to be better than that.
Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:17 - Dec 18 with 2621 viewsTractorWood

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:06 - Dec 18 by Garv

Not helped by Lineker, who I generally like, giggling at it and Rio going "look at this guy man".

Fcuk off.

Linekar and Rio are so cringey. Linekar is particularly unbearable. 'Diego Armando Maradona' in his 'I used to live in Spain' accent he gets out every 5 minutes.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:17 - Dec 18 with 2631 viewsEastTownBlue

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:05 - Dec 18 by The_Major

Yellow cards from the match are not carried forward to the shoot out. The law states that a "A goalkeeper who is sent off must be replaced by an eligible player".

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:18 - Dec 18 with 2605 viewsbrazil1982

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:14 - Dec 18 by EastTownBlue

The Argentina subs in the corner should have seen a yellow card for booting and throwing the ball away as well.

There have been far too many encroachments by subs onto the field of pay in this WC, easily dealt with by showing cards.
Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:23 - Dec 18 with 2508 viewsnorfsufblue

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:18 - Dec 18 by brazil1982

There have been far too many encroachments by subs onto the field of pay in this WC, easily dealt with by showing cards.

There wee at least 2 Argentine subs running on the field of play before Messi's shot left his foot for the 3rd goal.
Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:25 - Dec 18 with 2494 viewsZx1988

Fcuk off.

It's an interesting contrast between this sort of stuff, that the pundits seem to endorse as 'being a bit of a character', compared to everyone and their mothers getting on their high horses at on-pitch fisticuffs, declaring them as 'scenes nobody wants to see'.

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:29 - Dec 18 with 2425 viewsdominiciawful

Fcuk off.

Lineker is a smug wánker and a shít presenter, despite having done the job for over 20 years.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:32 - Dec 18 with 2350 viewsGarv

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:29 - Dec 18 by dominiciawful

Lineker is a smug wánker and a shít presenter, despite having done the job for over 20 years.

I disagree, but I do think he's not as good as he used to be and some of his quips are a little cliche now he's done it for so long.

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 19:04 - Dec 18 with 2196 viewsandytown

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:17 - Dec 18 by EastTownBlue

Yellow cards from the match are not carried forward to the shoot out. The law states that a "A goalkeeper who is sent off must be replaced by an eligible player".

So the keeper can engage in unsporting behaviour in the shootout, knowing that he can only be booked again if he was already booked in the game?
I’d have thought Lineker at least wouldn’t see any funny side as he was on the receiving end in 86.
Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 19:44 - Dec 18 with 2040 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:17 - Dec 18 by EastTownBlue

Thanks for that.
I wondered what would happen in that situation.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 20:11 - Dec 18 with 1921 viewsPimsNumber1

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 18:29 - Dec 18 by dominiciawful

Couldn't have described him better ..and Ferdinand is mentally compromised at all times
Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 20:47 - Dec 18 with 1843 viewsVaughan8

Why is Martinez allowed to get away with that? (n/t) on 19:04 - Dec 18 by andytown

So the keeper can engage in unsporting behaviour in the shootout, knowing that he can only be booked again if he was already booked in the game?
I’d have thought Lineker at least wouldn’t see any funny side as he was on the receiving end in 86.

Surely it means he won't get sent off for his first offence in the shootout if he's already been cautioned in the game?

Surely if he does it twice he can get sent off?

Or am I reading that wrong?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024