Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don’t shoot the messenger 16:01 - Dec 18 with 19423 viewstextbackup

But spoke to a certain ex loanee striker lastnight who mentioned there has been dialogue between his agent and club…

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Don’t shoot the messenger on 19:12 - Dec 19 with 1480 viewsskinnybob72

The dialogue going along the lines of

"How did you get this number?"

and

"Please never call this number again. Goodbye!"
Don’t shoot the messenger on 16:34 - Dec 20 with 1023 viewsBigCommon

Don’t shoot the messenger on 16:30 - Dec 19 by FrimleyBlue

I don't feel as confident now as I did about 8 weeks back. Something about games lately just don't seem to flow.
I think someone said we've just dipped below 2ppg? They may be wrong. I'm not sure.

I just want to see a nice run of 3 4 wins just to cement ourselves in that top 2. The last few weeks have just felt like any moment now we will drop to third. And with Barnsley going on a run. Having another side within the battle isn't a nice thought.

But. This is town. Hopefully come boxing day evening we've put Oxford away and pick up another 3 points.

I think Evans has been a huge miss. Humphreys has done well, but, imo, needs shepherding a little bit. Which has restricted Morsy getting forwards as much. I notice Humphreys, himself, hasn't been getting forwards much in the last few games, either. For whatever reason? Maybe conserving energy, or just playing it safe?.. That great game he had at Port Vale, he was getting forwards in support and overlapping Davis..
Evans range of passing can unbalance an opposition's defence with a quick switch of pass. He was releasing Davis with countless diagonals earlier in the season. And, for me, was one of our's and L1's stand out players for our first dozen or so matches. Plus he adds physicality to our midfield.
I'd agree, we have, maybe, looked a bit stale in recent games. But without some top players.. Evans and Harness in particular, imo, give us a bit more in breaking teams down. As does Aluko..
I think, with the players we've had out. We've still done well to maintain a decent points return over the last month or so. Hopefully, when Evans, Harness, Leigh and Aluko are all fully back and firing. We'll find our flow again. And have some scope/numbers to freshen things up when needed. Be nice to see Camara in there, too. But I've kind of put him to the back of my mind, being as we've seen so little of him. He'll be like a new signing if he appears any time soon.
Don’t shoot the messenger on 16:48 - Dec 20 with 987 viewsOldFart71

Don’t shoot the messenger on 16:10 - Dec 18 by Miaow

Get him and Celina back in!

Celina is too much of a luxury in the awful league. We need a fox in the box. Someone who unlike a majority of what we currently have scores goals consistently. With those out on loan we have about six strikers non of whom have proved they can hit the back of the net consistently.
Don’t shoot the messenger on 16:59 - Dec 20 with 945 viewsHipsterectomy

McKenna has mostly improved every player since he's been here. If he felt that he could improve and utilise Bonne, to the extent he would be our main man, I'm sure we would have got him. Charlton have no money yet agreed a deal to loan him on deadline day.

There's likely better, cheaper and players McKenna actually wants out there

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Don’t shoot the messenger on 17:01 - Dec 20 with 934 viewsStu_Magoo

A lot of heart not head thinking being exhibited on this post.
Don’t shoot the messenger on 17:03 - Dec 20 with 930 viewsSpruceMoose

Don’t shoot the messenger on 16:48 - Dec 20 by OldFart71

Celina is too much of a luxury in the awful league. We need a fox in the box. Someone who unlike a majority of what we currently have scores goals consistently. With those out on loan we have about six strikers non of whom have proved they can hit the back of the net consistently.

"Celina is too much of a luxury in the awful league"

Madness.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Don’t shoot the messenger on 17:22 - Dec 20 with 870 viewsOldFart71

Don’t shoot the messenger on 17:03 - Dec 20 by SpruceMoose

"Celina is too much of a luxury in the awful league"

Madness.

Why madness ? Welcome to the House of fun baggy trousers. We do not need another creator. How many goals does Celina score ? Not for one minute suggesting he's a poor player. But we are creating chances, just no one to put them away.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024