Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January shopping list 15:37 - Dec 17 with 3074 viewsGarv

Someone to play wide left so we don't have to pretend Jackson can play the role.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

January shopping list on 15:57 - Dec 17 with 2984 viewsIllinoisblue

He gets the ball on the left and EVERY time plays it backwards. Every time. It’s too passive.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

January shopping list on 15:59 - Dec 17 with 2947 viewsfarkenhell

January shopping list on 15:57 - Dec 17 by Illinoisblue

He gets the ball on the left and EVERY time plays it backwards. Every time. It’s too passive.

Apart from his touch that put Morsy through to set up the chance for Chaplain.
January shopping list on 16:05 - Dec 17 with 2910 viewsStokieBlue

Same Jackson who has created a lovely chance for Chaplin from the left with a beautiful flick and who is constantly trying to run in behind and has only been found by Davis one time?

That Jackson?

He's done more than Burns - why are there no threads having a moan about Burns?

SB
[Post edited 17 Dec 2022 16:05]

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

January shopping list on 21:19 - Dec 17 with 2766 viewsGarv

January shopping list on 16:05 - Dec 17 by StokieBlue

Same Jackson who has created a lovely chance for Chaplin from the left with a beautiful flick and who is constantly trying to run in behind and has only been found by Davis one time?

That Jackson?

SB

Yes that Jackson.

One good moment in 60-70 mins of football doesn't change the fact that he can't play the role.

Not technical enough to play wide and not strong enough to play up front. He's a 'secret weapon' but only seems to be effective in specific circumstances.

January shopping list on 23:04 - Dec 17 with 2634 viewsgreyhound

Will be interested to see how the current global economic situation affects player price and movement. Think clubs will be keen to shed contracts where possibke
January shopping list on 23:07 - Dec 17 with 2626 viewscressi

January shopping list on 21:19 - Dec 17 by Garv

Yes that Jackson.

One good moment in 60-70 mins of football doesn't change the fact that he can't play the role.

Not technical enough to play wide and not strong enough to play up front. He's a 'secret weapon' but only seems to be effective in specific circumstances.

Let's be honest McKenna has done well but his not a magician Jackson has had 10 decent games since his been here. Works hard but lack of football intelligence and ability, Burns has had a poor season maybe competition required in that position to make him step up
January shopping list on 08:14 - Dec 18 with 2471 viewsAbracadobra

On three other occasions where Jackson has played wide left (Sheff W, Derby and Charlton) he has been pretty effective and had a decent impact on all of those games. Interestingly, in all three of those games TJJ has started as the central striker.

I think yesterday those around Jackson (namely Chaplin and Ladapo) don’t have the passing ability to bring the best out of Jackson and find him in the space.
January shopping list on 08:48 - Dec 18 with 2409 viewsGlasgowBlue

That Jackson?

SB

My issue with Jackson is that he is far too inconsistent . At times he’s unplayable. At other times he is the most ineffective player on the pitch. Unfortunately, the ratio between the former and the latter is about 25/75. I think he’s had three MOTM performances this season but far more where he has been anonymous and ineffective.

He’s a striker who has a poor goal scoring record and a winger who has a bad assist record. He never gives anything less than 100% though. But we need better in both the roles he is currently used for.

Imo, if John-Jules was fit we wouldn’t be seeing as much of Jackson.

As for Burns, he’s a shadow of the player he was last year. My view is that he was far more effective as a wing back as he had more space to run in. He isn’t doing it this season and there have been plenty of threads discussing his performance.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

January shopping list on 08:55 - Dec 18 with 2363 viewsParky

Someone that can offer competition for Burns, think he’s been poor of late.
January shopping list on 10:08 - Dec 18 with 2267 viewsStokieBlue

January shopping list on 08:48 - Dec 18 by GlasgowBlue

My issue with Jackson is that he is far too inconsistent . At times he’s unplayable. At other times he is the most ineffective player on the pitch. Unfortunately, the ratio between the former and the latter is about 25/75. I think he’s had three MOTM performances this season but far more where he has been anonymous and ineffective.

He’s a striker who has a poor goal scoring record and a winger who has a bad assist record. He never gives anything less than 100% though. But we need better in both the roles he is currently used for.

Imo, if John-Jules was fit we wouldn’t be seeing as much of Jackson.

As for Burns, he’s a shadow of the player he was last year. My view is that he was far more effective as a wing back as he had more space to run in. He isn’t doing it this season and there have been plenty of threads discussing his performance.

I think some of that appraisal on Jackson is fair.

I really don't think there are "plenty of threads" discussing Burns performances, there are a couple, there is one from yesterday but there are loads about Jackson every match, sometimes even before the match starts.

It's a clear double-standard and I am not sure why. Burns has been less effective than Jackson in many games this season but gets nowhere near the same focus or scrutiny.

SB

January shopping list on 10:30 - Dec 18 with 2234 viewsipswichtillidie

Can I add that if “any” player is available that we can get that is better than what we have then we should be looking to sign them and improve. Whom ever we are talking about here be that Burns, Jackson, Ladapo, Edwards. No one up the top end of the pitch is irreplaceable (FACT) if player A fits KMC framework then I’m sure we will look to improve. I feel we could debate all day about what positions and whom we need in but I suspect it will come down to availability/affordability of the right type of players.

Gav

January shopping list on 10:41 - Dec 18 with 2202 viewsDJR

January shopping list on 15:57 - Dec 17 by Illinoisblue

Knocking it backwards is generally the way the whole team plays.
January shopping list on 11:46 - Dec 18 with 2130 viewsDJR

January shopping list on 10:30 - Dec 18 by ipswichtillidie

Can I add that if “any” player is available that we can get that is better than what we have then we should be looking to sign them and improve. Whom ever we are talking about here be that Burns, Jackson, Ladapo, Edwards. No one up the top end of the pitch is irreplaceable (FACT) if player A fits KMC framework then I’m sure we will look to improve. I feel we could debate all day about what positions and whom we need in but I suspect it will come down to availability/affordability of the right type of players.

I think we are generally well placed when it comes to goalkeeper, defenders and midfielders, although we could do with a reinforcement now in midfield, but I am not sure which of our attackers would thrive at Championship level. So we may need one or two attackers now, with more to follow if we get promoted. However getting the right players is not necessarily easy.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2022 11:49]
January shopping list on 13:36 - Dec 18 with 2032 viewsericclacton

Jackson is not a footballer never not ever....he can run fast though.

January shopping list on 14:19 - Dec 18 with 1966 viewsDubtractor

January shopping list on 10:08 - Dec 18 by StokieBlue

I really don't think there are "plenty of threads" discussing Burns performances, there are a couple, there is one from yesterday but there are loads about Jackson every match, sometimes even before the match starts.

It's a clear double-standard and I am not sure why. Burns has been less effective than Jackson in many games this season but gets nowhere near the same focus or scrutiny.

SB

Sorry if it seems like I'm countering you in every thread on this, nothing personal, but......

There have been loads of threads all season about how Burns isn't playing as well as last year, some criticism justified and some not.

Jackson is a conundrum for me, he can sometimes look great (second half last week being a good example), but equally can be massively ineffective. Personally, I'd want him as a bench option to use when the game gets a bit more stretched, and I just don't think he is as effective from the start, regardless of his position.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

January shopping list on 14:28 - Dec 18 with 1942 viewsStokieBlue

January shopping list on 14:19 - Dec 18 by Dubtractor

Sorry if it seems like I'm countering you in every thread on this, nothing personal, but......

There have been loads of threads all season about how Burns isn't playing as well as last year, some criticism justified and some not.

Jackson is a conundrum for me, he can sometimes look great (second half last week being a good example), but equally can be massively ineffective. Personally, I'd want him as a bench option to use when the game gets a bit more stretched, and I just don't think he is as effective from the start, regardless of his position.

No worries, you're certainly allowed to challenge, in fact you should, it's a forum.

I honestly don't see it, if you went back and counted I would think there are 4 or 5 times as many negative threads about Jackson as there are about Burns (possibly even more) and many of those are before the match has even started and he's given a chance to play that day.

That's a fair point to have on Jackson. I'd also put forward that Burns has done very little and would perhaps be better off as a bench player at the moment. If he's going to be an AM rather than WB then we have at least 4 that offer more than him in my opinion.

Burns might come good and I really hope he does. At the moment he doesn't really deserve a starting place as an AM though.

SB

January shopping list on 16:38 - Dec 18 with 1783 viewsGarv

January shopping list on 14:28 - Dec 18 by StokieBlue

No worries, you're certainly allowed to challenge, in fact you should, it's a forum.

I honestly don't see it, if you went back and counted I would think there are 4 or 5 times as many negative threads about Jackson as there are about Burns (possibly even more) and many of those are before the match has even started and he's given a chance to play that day.

That's a fair point to have on Jackson. I'd also put forward that Burns has done very little and would perhaps be better off as a bench player at the moment. If he's going to be an AM rather than WB then we have at least 4 that offer more than him in my opinion.

Burns might come good and I really hope he does. At the moment he doesn't really deserve a starting place as an AM though.

SB

I honestly think a lot more is being made of Burns' form than it should.

According to BBC he has three goals and five assists, second to Davis in terms of assists, next is Morsy and JD with three.

The only real criticism for me can be that he hasn't been as good as last year, but I think there's genuine reasons for that.

I also don't think his crossing is much more inconsistent than most wingers. And it's not helped by the lack of movement in the box. A good number of crosses went into the six yard box yesterday (not necessarily delivered by Burns) and there was no one there.

January shopping list on 19:50 - Dec 18 with 1703 viewsericclacton

January shopping list on 10:08 - Dec 18 by StokieBlue

SB

Bollix.

January shopping list on 20:18 - Dec 18 with 1637 viewsFrimleyBlue

That Jackson?

SB

I've moaned about Burns all season. You told me to sht up and there was nothing wrong with him. Probably why more haven't dared suggest it. To many looking at Burns with last season glasses on imo and jump down ya throat If you don't rate him as much as others do.

Realistically he's not been rubbish otherwise we wouldn't be as high in the league as we are as he plays a part. However I do feel we'd be doing even better with a better and more consistent player.

Can you get that in league 1. That's upto the club to find.. but if they can, it will be a big help.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024