Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really like Kayden Jackson 16:57 - Dec 15 with 2531 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Just watching his interview this afternoon and seems a really good bloke.

As a player he is frustrating at times, but all the games he has played in this season I think hes's contributed really well and we have got good results. Sheff Wed away I thought he was superb, played right wing back at Burton and did well. Started in the wins vs Derby and P'boro.

Most importantly he always gives everything he has got, and after a reading a thread the other day about some of the no hopers we have had at this club tats always the best place to start.

He divides opinion, but I'm a fan.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

I really like Kayden Jackson on 17:22 - Dec 15 with 2462 viewsVaughan8

The "he's a nice bloke thing" was what people kept saying about Nsiala when he was here. I'd imagine most of the players are nice enough people.

"He works hard" should really be a given for all players so again this positive of Jackson is something most if not all players will/should have.

Finishing is terrible, crosses aren't great. He's quick, I'll give him that haha
I really like Kayden Jackson on 17:26 - Dec 15 with 2453 viewsKeno

THIS!!

he did get a couple of mentions in the JD thread the other day

No he mat have his limitations but he always puts everything out there, bit like a modern Richard Naylor (ok that may be stretching it but you know what I mean)
[Post edited 15 Dec 2022 17:27]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I really like Kayden Jackson on 17:50 - Dec 15 with 2393 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I really like Kayden Jackson on 17:22 - Dec 15 by Vaughan8

The "he's a nice bloke thing" was what people kept saying about Nsiala when he was here. I'd imagine most of the players are nice enough people.

"He works hard" should really be a given for all players so again this positive of Jackson is something most if not all players will/should have.

Finishing is terrible, crosses aren't great. He's quick, I'll give him that haha

You ignored the bit about Jackson consistently being part of some of our best results/performances this season.

Probably gave the best individual performance of the season at Wednesday away

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

I really like Kayden Jackson on 17:57 - Dec 15 with 2373 viewsVaughan8

I really like Kayden Jackson on 17:50 - Dec 15 by TRUE_BLUE123

You ignored the bit about Jackson consistently being part of some of our best results/performances this season.

Probably gave the best individual performance of the season at Wednesday away

Well yes he's bound to have a good game every now and again.

The Derby example is an odd one but people agreed with you after that game and thought he played well despite missing a change (think he hit the post) when it was easier to score, and missed a penalty........

I'm sure i'm in the minority but I just dont see it.
I really like Kayden Jackson on 18:00 - Dec 15 with 2346 viewsDJR

I really like Kayden Jackson on 17:57 - Dec 15 by Vaughan8

Well yes he's bound to have a good game every now and again.

The Derby example is an odd one but people agreed with you after that game and thought he played well despite missing a change (think he hit the post) when it was easier to score, and missed a penalty........

I'm sure i'm in the minority but I just dont see it.

Fortunately for Jackson, McKenna is in the majority.
I really like Kayden Jackson on 18:15 - Dec 15 with 2297 viewsAlanG296

I really like Kayden Jackson on 18:00 - Dec 15 by DJR

And McKenna's opinion is the only one that matters. Anyone that thinks a particular player should not be in the team should have a go at the manager. He's the man who selects him.
I really like Kayden Jackson on 18:21 - Dec 15 with 2282 viewsDJR

I really like Kayden Jackson on 18:15 - Dec 15 by AlanG296

And McKenna's opinion is the only one that matters. Anyone that thinks a particular player should not be in the team should have a go at the manager. He's the man who selects him.

And he's not just a run-of-the-mill manager, because he has coached at the highest level.
I really like Kayden Jackson on 07:42 - Dec 16 with 2016 viewsbobbyramsey

KJ is not a good player, all players are dispensable. He's only there until someone better comes through the door. Until then KM will "big him up" to get the best out of him.

That's the reality of football I'm afraid.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2022 8:06]
Login to get fewer ads

I really like Kayden Jackson on 09:26 - Dec 16 with 1887 viewsDJR

I really like Kayden Jackson on 07:42 - Dec 16 by bobbyramsey

KJ is not a good player, all players are dispensable. He's only there until someone better comes through the door. Until then KM will "big him up" to get the best out of him.

Depending on the level we reach, that could equally be true of all the players we have.
I really like Kayden Jackson on 11:08 - Dec 16 with 1793 viewsbobbyramsey

I really like Kayden Jackson on 09:26 - Dec 16 by DJR

Depending on the level we reach, that could equally be true of all the players we have.

Well indeed, that's football.............

If we go up this season I don't think he'd be regarded as a "good player" in the league above and he might get left behind somehow.
I really like Kayden Jackson on 11:34 - Dec 16 with 1754 viewsPositivelyPortman

I really like Kayden Jackson on 18:00 - Dec 15 by DJR

That’s not good enough for TrueBlue123 though.
He obviously has a better footballing brain than McKenna possesses.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

I really like Kayden Jackson on 12:16 - Dec 16 with 1724 viewsGarv

Worth noting that he doesn't select him very often. Started 8 of 21 games I think?

The issue seems to be that he only suits a certain type of game. He's not really part of the rotation, he definitely wasn't when JJ was fit, he's just used when needed. He's not a winger and he isn't a lone striker.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I really like Kayden Jackson on 12:47 - Dec 16 with 1674 viewsBondiBlue

I really like Kayden Jackson on 07:42 - Dec 16 by bobbyramsey

The reality of football at ITFC with the american owners is that cook got rid of most of the team he inherited and went on a spending spree. Jackson survived that. New manager came in and Jackson quickly became first choice. New manager then had the option to replace Jackson in the summer and chose not to.

Poll: Which would you accept?

I really like Kayden Jackson on 13:33 - Dec 16 with 1631 viewscressi

I like quite a few people just don't mean they should play for Ipswich
Certainly not if we progress
I really like Kayden Jackson on 14:03 - Dec 16 with 1598 viewsbobbyramsey

I really like Kayden Jackson on 12:47 - Dec 16 by BondiBlue

The reality of football at ITFC with the american owners is that cook got rid of most of the team he inherited and went on a spending spree. Jackson survived that. New manager came in and Jackson quickly became first choice. New manager then had the option to replace Jackson in the summer and chose not to.

Apparently we attempted to sign a couple of strikers in the summer but for whatever reason we failed to land our targets. If we had succeeded I don’t expect KJ would have seen much action.
I really like Kayden Jackson on 14:30 - Dec 16 with 1563 viewsBroadhill

I really like Kayden Jackson on 17:22 - Dec 15 by Vaughan8

100â„… correct. Not sure why you got those down votes..... People have very short memories. He really is cr@p.
I really like Kayden Jackson on 15:28 - Dec 16 with 1494 viewsDJR

I really like Kayden Jackson on 11:08 - Dec 16 by bobbyramsey

Well indeed, that's football.............

If we go up this season I don't think he'd be regarded as a "good player" in the league above and he might get left behind somehow.

Who knows, but I still think he offers something that no other player offers. It was also interesting that his pace terrified Championship Millwall when he came on in the pre-season friendly.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2022 15:29]
I really like Kayden Jackson on 17:51 - Dec 16 with 1431 viewshappybeingblue

He was excellent second half last week didnt give boro defenders any time on the ball to play it around totally unsettled them,soon after he went off was noticeable how they were moving the ball far more freely and nearly got back into it.
I really like Kayden Jackson on 10:27 - Dec 17 with 1252 viewsBondiBlue

I really like Kayden Jackson on 14:03 - Dec 16 by bobbyramsey

Apparently we attempted to sign a couple of strikers in the summer but for whatever reason we failed to land our targets. If we had succeeded I don’t expect KJ would have seen much action.

George hirst? That's true. But hirst is a target man. Very different player, so probably not a direct replacement. I guess maybe you could argue that hirst would have played the games in which john-jules was up front and john-jules would have played wide instead of jackson. If one of the strikers we tried to sign was quick, hard-working and could play wide though, it would be a bit more of an obvious jackson replacement.

Poll: Which would you accept?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024