Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson 17:53 - Dec 10 with 3141 viewsWickets

Blooming good today ! Especially second half but also first when he was usually on his own and starved of support .
Jackson on 18:04 - Dec 10 with 3097 viewspositivity

he really stretches the game, keeps the opposition under pressure and makes space for our 10s, can see why mckenna often favours him against the stronger sides.

lee evans on commentary was so positive about his contribution to the team

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Jackson on 18:23 - Dec 10 with 3057 viewsBlueNomad

I thought he was excellent today. I like what he brings to many games, we just shouldn’t expect many goals from him. I bet his team mates love what he does.
Jackson on 18:27 - Dec 10 with 3027 viewsMetal_Hacker

I thought the first 20-25 mins of the second half was the best I’ve see him

Might not be the best striker we’ve ever had but his energy and desire you can’t fault

Poll: If it were one or the other

Jackson on 18:54 - Dec 10 with 2939 viewsleftback

The fella won a competition to get his first professional contract, I think that sums him up……
Probably on the whole not quite good enough but has a unique set of attributes and work ethic that makes him a decent 3rd division striker
Jackson on 19:34 - Dec 10 with 2869 viewsBluesky

Jackson on 18:54 - Dec 10 by leftback

The fella won a competition to get his first professional contract, I think that sums him up……
Probably on the whole not quite good enough but has a unique set of attributes and work ethic that makes him a decent 3rd division striker

Against Cheltenham he extricated himself from three opponents and crossed from the tightest of positions right in front of me. Incredible footwork. Just wish he could take shooting opportunities more often
Jackson on 19:44 - Dec 10 with 2841 viewsMiaow

His industry led to us winning the corner which led to our winning goal.

I’m pleased his performance and contribution to the team was recognised on the TWTD ratings for the game.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Jackson on 20:59 - Dec 10 with 2522 viewsMeadowlark

Agreed. But why did we keep lumping the ball in the air to him first half? That's not his strength.
Jackson on 21:48 - Dec 10 with 2421 viewsjayessess

As usual in league matches - he was important to our tactics and executed the plan. He's got limitations but he does the job asked.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2022 9:04]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Jackson on 06:59 - Dec 11 with 2189 viewsPioneerBlue

I personally would like to see more goals from a striker than purely a athletic runner but to get all these additional attributes in a L1 striker is asking a lot, probably the same at Chap level.

More important than anything, KMcK was pleased with his performance. And since one of our attacking players scored 2 goals, the attacking unit clearly worked.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Jackson on 08:42 - Dec 11 with 2067 viewsDJR

Jackson on 06:59 - Dec 11 by PioneerBlue

I personally would like to see more goals from a striker than purely a athletic runner but to get all these additional attributes in a L1 striker is asking a lot, probably the same at Chap level.

More important than anything, KMcK was pleased with his performance. And since one of our attacking players scored 2 goals, the attacking unit clearly worked.

The thing is that I am not sure we are really set up for our main striker to score. Whether or not Jackson or Ladapo plays, they don't really get much in the way of chances, and certainly not clear-cut chances. The other thing is that Jackson makes lots of good runs centrally but I can think of very few occasions when he has been fed.

In effect, Jackson seems to be played as more of a decoy, to free up chances for others. But as you say, the main thing is that McK was pleased with his performance. On Radio Suffolk he described it as outstanding and said "I don't think you'll see a better overall striker performance anywhere today".
Jackson on 09:03 - Dec 11 with 2020 viewscressi

Jackson on 08:42 - Dec 11 by DJR

The thing is that I am not sure we are really set up for our main striker to score. Whether or not Jackson or Ladapo plays, they don't really get much in the way of chances, and certainly not clear-cut chances. The other thing is that Jackson makes lots of good runs centrally but I can think of very few occasions when he has been fed.

In effect, Jackson seems to be played as more of a decoy, to free up chances for others. But as you say, the main thing is that McK was pleased with his performance. On Radio Suffolk he described it as outstanding and said "I don't think you'll see a better overall striker performance anywhere today".

Thought 1st half average bit like the team performance.
Much better for half hour second half yes he works hard ,but I'm afraid as a goalscoring striker he never will be and for every good game you get three poor or bang average one's.
McKenna likes him I admire his attitude but in my view a player who plays on effort and instinct
A player who if has time generally picks the wrong option with the ball
Jackson on 09:30 - Dec 11 with 1950 viewsCornishMariner

He seems to play well against teams that want to attack, less so against those that sit back. If he can get in behind, he can put in plenty of dangerous crosses. Overall I find his attitude and work rate admirable and can see why he is a popular member of the team.

Poll: Between now and the new season will you mostly be ....

Jackson on 10:15 - Dec 11 with 1868 viewsDJR

Jackson on 09:03 - Dec 11 by cressi

Thought 1st half average bit like the team performance.
Much better for half hour second half yes he works hard ,but I'm afraid as a goalscoring striker he never will be and for every good game you get three poor or bang average one's.
McKenna likes him I admire his attitude but in my view a player who plays on effort and instinct
A player who if has time generally picks the wrong option with the ball

He didn't get any service in the first half, apart from balls in the air. And as I said, I don't think McK plays him as a traditional lone striker.

In my view, he is a much better footballer than many give him credit for. Indeed, he must have something going for him if someone who has coached at the highest level rates him.

It was interesting to hear Mick Mills yesterday who praised Jackson and said how difficult it was for someone to play as a lone striker. And we must not forget that Jackson primarily used to operate in a front two, a role that Mills said was much easier.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2022 10:16]
Jackson on 11:53 - Dec 11 with 1807 viewsportmanroadblue

Personally thought he was poor, def not a lone striker, never won or tried to win a header, kept straying out of position, just dont think he has a footballing brain. I do admire his endeavour though.
Jackson on 11:58 - Dec 11 with 1797 viewsjayessess

Jackson on 11:53 - Dec 11 by portmanroadblue

Personally thought he was poor, def not a lone striker, never won or tried to win a header, kept straying out of position, just dont think he has a footballing brain. I do admire his endeavour though.

Not sure how you can watch us under McKenna and imagine that any player he picks is regularly "straying out of position".

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Jackson on 12:05 - Dec 11 with 1781 viewsbournemouthblue

In many ways he's doing the Kuqi role, albeit less successfully

I do wonder if we will look at another striker in January

It's probably more like to be a number 10 and a central midfielder

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Jackson on 12:09 - Dec 11 with 1765 viewsFrimleyBlue

Isn't it more a case that when Jackson is chosen up the top end its more as a false 9?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Jackson on 12:25 - Dec 11 with 1721 viewsstrikalite

Jackson on 18:27 - Dec 10 by Metal_Hacker

I thought the first 20-25 mins of the second half was the best I’ve see him

Might not be the best striker we’ve ever had but his energy and desire you can’t fault

Absolutely, and when you consider that nothing out there is given to him on a plate in terms of real opportunities and very little seems to fall for him either, he still gives his all and chases everything down..

Felt for him a bit when he came off, because when Aluko came off we had a song for him, Jackson has no song, hasn't he earned that yet, for at least the 100% he gives? He thankfully got applause...
Jackson on 12:43 - Dec 11 with 1701 viewsbournemouthblue

Jackson on 12:25 - Dec 11 by strikalite

Absolutely, and when you consider that nothing out there is given to him on a plate in terms of real opportunities and very little seems to fall for him either, he still gives his all and chases everything down..

Felt for him a bit when he came off, because when Aluko came off we had a song for him, Jackson has no song, hasn't he earned that yet, for at least the 100% he gives? He thankfully got applause...

He's almost an inverse Ladapo isn't he?

Ladapo doesn't do a lot off the ball but is generally pretty effective when given the opportunity on it

Jackson puts in all effort and work rate but seems to have very little end product

If you could combine the two, you'd have the striker we need

Jackson on 12:46 - Dec 11 with 1691 viewsDJR

Jackson on 12:43 - Dec 11 by bournemouthblue

Ladapo doesn't do a lot off the ball but is generally pretty effective when given the opportunity on it

Jackson puts in all effort and work rate but seems to have very little end product

I am not sure there are many strikers like that. And it's a case of horses for courses. Some games suit Jackson, some Ladapo.
Jackson on 13:14 - Dec 11 with 1666 viewsstrikalite

Jackson on 12:43 - Dec 11 by bournemouthblue

They're very hard to find that's the problem, the only chance we'd have of finding that better all round quality imo is a kid from the Prem on loan who can hit the ground running(big ask in League One on the physicality alone)...we had what I thought could be that in Parrot, there's just one example of how hit and miss that route can be..
Jackson on 13:27 - Dec 11 with 1641 viewsbournemouthblue

Jackson on 13:14 - Dec 11 by strikalite

They're very hard to find that's the problem, the only chance we'd have of finding that better all round quality imo is a kid from the Prem on loan who can hit the ground running(big ask in League One on the physicality alone)...we had what I thought could be that in Parrot, there's just one example of how hit and miss that route can be..

You either loan them in or develop them yourself I guess

They don't hang along for much time in League One, that's certainly true

We are light on genuine quality upfront, Ladapo is the best we have but I do worry that none of the current line up are going to offer much in the Championship, not that that is something we need to be worrying about currently

Jackson on 13:35 - Dec 11 with 1629 viewsstrikalite

Jackson on 13:27 - Dec 11 by bournemouthblue

You either loan them in or develop them yourself I guess

They don't hang along for much time in League One, that's certainly true

We are light on genuine quality upfront, Ladapo is the best we have but I do worry that none of the current line up are going to offer much in the Championship, not that that is something we need to be worrying about currently

Agree "if" we managed to get up we'd need to invest upfront on what we have no doubt, need to see more of Ahadme really, so easy to judge a player too early, how many times can you watch a player and question him yet he moves on to another Club and looks a different player, many times, I bet Pompey were shaking their heads over Clarke-Harris for example..
Jackson on 13:40 - Dec 11 with 1613 viewsbournemouthblue

Jackson on 13:35 - Dec 11 by strikalite

Agree "if" we managed to get up we'd need to invest upfront on what we have no doubt, need to see more of Ahadme really, so easy to judge a player too early, how many times can you watch a player and question him yet he moves on to another Club and looks a different player, many times, I bet Pompey were shaking their heads over Clarke-Harris for example..

Ahadme looks raw, he's still in the too early to judge category

He certainly looked good for Burton against us and may be one who develops but might be a project

It will be interesting to see what we do in January, you would expect some recruitment given our injury problems

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024