Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. 20:53 - Nov 3 with 2203 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I still remember Trevors 4 goals in a match against Lazio and West Brom. Was at both the matches, but i have no recollection of any of his four goals against Landskrona BoIS. I was at that game also.

Some player was Trevor. Any one of you oldies remember the match?

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 21:22 - Nov 3 with 2131 viewsBlueForYou

Yes. Trevor was a great player. Would love to have him playing today
Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 21:24 - Nov 3 with 2126 viewsMeadowlark

My favourite player.
Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 21:46 - Nov 3 with 2098 viewsPJH

I remember the match, but not specifically Trevor Whymark getting four.

I was also one of (I think) about 150 ITFC supporters that went to Sweden for the first leg, he scored there too.
Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 22:28 - Nov 3 with 2045 viewsRadlett_blue

Lazio had identified David Johnson as Town's main threat, concentrating on him to the extent that his strike partner was given the freedom to score 4 times. They did however leave their mark on Johnson, tackling him in the groin whereby he was out injured & only came on as a sub in the 2nd leg, when Lazio attempted even more of a demolition job. I never thought David Johnson had quite the same electric pace again.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 22:32 - Nov 3 with 2037 viewsnorfsufblue

What a player, and so taken for granted at what he did , great foil for both David Johnson and Paul Mariner, I wonder if there was ever a Beattie v Whymark match up in training??
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:41 - Nov 3 with 2025 viewsTrequartista

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 22:41 - Nov 3 with 2030 viewsTrequartista

presume you've searched and found the goals on youtube but will post them anyway

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 22:46 - Nov 3 with 2019 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 22:41 - Nov 3 by Trequartista

presume you've searched and found the goals on youtube but will post them anyway

Cheers for that. Some cracking headers there.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Login to get fewer ads

Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 22:52 - Nov 3 with 2014 viewsSharkey

I remember hearing that the Town fans were accompanied from the town centre to the ground by someone playing the bag-pipes.
Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 23:23 - Nov 3 with 1959 viewsmylittletown

Whymark was King.
One of the most underestimated ITFC players of all time.
Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 00:16 - Nov 4 with 1928 views66notout

Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 21:24 - Nov 3 by Meadowlark

My favourite player.

Me too and you could not meet a nicer guy. I loved his story about how he ‘prepared’ for his one-man demolition of Lazio.
Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 05:46 - Nov 4 with 1848 viewsBattersea_Blue

Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 21:46 - Nov 3 by PJH

I remember the match, but not specifically Trevor Whymark getting four.

I was also one of (I think) about 150 ITFC supporters that went to Sweden for the first leg, he scored there too.

I did the away leg too, with my brother.

I remember walking through the town towards the ground. So cold. Some of the locals came out of their houses and gave us drinks. Really nice people.
Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 07:01 - Nov 4 with 1815 viewsVic

I was at the Lazio game - on my milk crate at the front of the west stand near the tunnel. Remember Whymark scoring 4 and Lazio getting proper rattled (though not as much as in the 2nd leg by all accounts). Can’t remember any of the goals tbh.

Nor did I remember that he scored 4 against the Swedish club - completely passed me by.

He has to be one of our all time most underrated players - along with Big Al (who in my opinion often gets forgotten because of Beattie and Wark.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 07:34 - Nov 4 with 1791 viewsoldburian

Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 07:01 - Nov 4 by Vic

I was at the Lazio game - on my milk crate at the front of the west stand near the tunnel. Remember Whymark scoring 4 and Lazio getting proper rattled (though not as much as in the 2nd leg by all accounts). Can’t remember any of the goals tbh.

Nor did I remember that he scored 4 against the Swedish club - completely passed me by.

He has to be one of our all time most underrated players - along with Big Al (who in my opinion often gets forgotten because of Beattie and Wark.

Before the Lazio away match their local rivals Roma presented Trevor with a trophy for his four goals which rather enflamed the situation.
You are spot on about Hunter, he was Robsons best ever buy, he made our defence secure. We moved away from the bottom half into the top half. Many say the Dutchmen were better buys but without Hunter they would never have appeared.
Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 07:42 - Nov 4 with 1780 viewsElephantintheRoom

The type of player who wouldn’t get a look in nowadays, as like Brian Talbot, he took many years to emerge - and was never a 20 goal a season striker. (Like all Robson’s strikers)

I don’t recall the game - but I do recall him hitch hiking from Ipswich to Diss do he could play for Diss the same day as playing for the youth team

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 07:59 - Nov 4 with 1753 viewsArnieM

Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 22:46 - Nov 3 by StochesStotasBlewe

Cheers for that. Some cracking headers there.

We used to call him Radar coz he never missed with his head. His timing and power were something to behold. He’d be a perfect fit in a McKenna side today.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 08:17 - Nov 4 with 1714 viewsAndrewRatcliffITFC

Whymark was great, brilliant in the air.
Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 08:30 - Nov 4 with 1679 viewsBluespeed225

My favourite ever Town goal is that one against WBA, didn’t break stride, arrow like shot. 77/8 saw long injuries to him, and also Viljoen, Hunter and Beattie, leading to our poor league form, but it a,so coast Trevor his Cup Final place, a medal he would have richly deserved for his service.
Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 08:42 - Nov 4 with 1659 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 08:17 - Nov 4 by AndrewRatcliffITFC

Whymark was great, brilliant in the air.

I was at those matches v Lazio and West Brom. Whymark scored a header where he actually put curve on a header to bend it round Ray Clemence.

Poll: would you rather

Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 09:35 - Nov 4 with 1622 viewsJohnWarksTash

Remember seeing him in a testimonial after he retired....I want to say Laurie Sivell's but probably wrong! He was brilliant! I told my old Dad we should try to re-sign him....he would have been 35 by then and playing for Col u?
[Post edited 4 Nov 2022 9:36]
Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 09:43 - Nov 4 with 1604 viewsPJH

Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 05:46 - Nov 4 by Battersea_Blue

I did the away leg too, with my brother.

I remember walking through the town towards the ground. So cold. Some of the locals came out of their houses and gave us drinks. Really nice people.

I think we had a band leading us through the streets.

It was very windy, I remember the coach stopping on the way from the ferry so that we could have a p*ss and you were in danger of peeing on someone's shoes several yards to the right.

The return ferry trip (to Harwich) was very, very rough.
Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 10:02 - Nov 4 with 1567 viewsbournemouthblue

Have we ever had a better headerer of the ball?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Trevor 4 Goals Whymark. on 10:09 - Nov 4 with 1558 viewsusm

I was at the WBA and Lazio games
Must have been at the Landskrona game too but can't really remember it although the goals look very familiar
Its when you totally outplay a big European side (eg Lazio) that you realise what a great team youve got
Trevor was brilliant, a bit underrated by some I think - me included - but that was partly because Mariner quickly became by firm favourite

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024