Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That ball from Leif! 09:18 - Oct 26 with 4635 viewsITFC_RDM

Even better from this angle. He really does look some player!

That ball from Leif! on 11:04 - Oct 26 with 1086 viewsNthQldITFC

Absolute precision, perfect weight, first time, clinical and decisive. Perfect.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

That ball from Leif! on 12:25 - Oct 26 with 1038 viewsringwoodblue

I know they play in different positions but given the choice of either buying Davis or Celina last summer, it’s clear we made the right choice as Davis is much more consistent and he balances the team by creating a goal threat down the left side. I also think Davis has much more potential to improve further.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

That ball from Leif! on 12:59 - Oct 26 with 1007 viewsDavoIPB

That ball from Leif! on 10:20 - Oct 26 by Simonds92

Really important the role of Edwards in this goal, as you say a perfect weight of pass from him and he released it at the right time. I really do think players should take more care with their weight of pass rather than drilling the ball at them or playing the ball to feet rather than in to their stride. That was by far the biggest issue with Lambers team, such slow build up caused by the quality of pass!

And Ball and Donacian. Thought they were both poor last night but quick incisive forward passing for the goal was really good.
That ball from Leif! on 22:34 - Oct 26 with 914 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That ball from Leif! on 09:25 - Oct 26 by Stewart27

He is absolutely outstanding.

Honestly the people on here melting down before the season started at us spending a million on a full back!

Links to the meltdowns or they didn't happen. I don't remember them, but my memory isn't the best as I plod towards my twilight years.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

He's the real deal on 22:56 - Oct 26 with 881 viewsCrock

He's the real deal on 09:26 - Oct 26 by Keno

Mick Mills
Treacle
Cresswell
Mings
Phil Ham

all giants of the game

John Compton

Poll: Favourite number?

That ball from Leif! on 23:03 - Oct 26 with 878 viewsPablo_Counago

He's only 22 as well

Still a lot of time for him to develop further as a player and as others have said already, looks like 1 Mil for him is an absolute steal
That ball from Leif! on 10:53 - Oct 27 with 806 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That ball from Leif! on 12:25 - Oct 26 by ringwoodblue

I know they play in different positions but given the choice of either buying Davis or Celina last summer, it’s clear we made the right choice as Davis is much more consistent and he balances the team by creating a goal threat down the left side. I also think Davis has much more potential to improve further.

I didn't realise they were the two choices.

That ball from Leif! on 11:00 - Oct 27 with 795 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That ball from Leif! on 09:36 - Oct 26 by Keno

and arguably not the best ball he played last night

the one to put Humphreys in to cross for the winner was a bit special as well

As was Humphreys' run and cross for that one. An excellent goal all round.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

That ball from Leif! on 11:05 - Oct 27 with 789 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That ball from Leif! on 22:34 - Oct 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

Links to the meltdowns or they didn't happen. I don't remember them, but my memory isn't the best as I plod towards my twilight years.

I recall at least one poster saying we should not have paid that sort of money for a left back at this level. A quick search can't find the thread, but I am confident I didn't imagine it! I wouldn't describe it as a meltdown and the majority pointed out our history with developing excellent ones.

He's the real deal on 13:48 - Oct 27 with 741 viewslongtimefan

He's the real deal on 10:50 - Oct 26 by solemio

I think Steve McCall was almost as good as Phil Ham.

Everyone seems to have left out the only left-back other than Mick Mills to play at a World Cup
He's the real deal on 15:18 - Oct 27 with 690 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He's the real deal on 13:48 - Oct 27 by longtimefan

Everyone seems to have left out the only left-back other than Mick Mills to play at a World Cup

My initial thought there was Burley who was a right-back wasn't he?

Of course, then I realised you mean Knudsen.

He's the real deal on 15:28 - Oct 27 with 678 viewsCrock

He's the real deal on 15:18 - Oct 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

My initial thought there was Burley who was a right-back wasn't he?

Of course, then I realised you mean Knudsen.

Amir Karic also played at the World Cup.

Poll: Favourite number?

That ball from Leif! on 16:12 - Oct 27 with 645 viewsBloomBlue

That first time cross is great. It's the one frustration I have with the performances so far this season where we're attacking but rather than the first time cross we play it back.
Against Derby it happened often, for example Burns would receive the ball defenders and attackers running towards the goal and instead of the first time ball into the box, it was played back to JD. That meant defenders could then turn and face away from the goal and defend against the cross. To be fair the same was also happening on the left in the Derby game.
Defenders hate defending a ball when running towards their own goal they know the wrong touch could result in an OG and will often leave it hopeful the GK will come and collect it.
That ball from Leif! on 16:21 - Oct 27 with 632 viewsPhilTWTD

On which note, I was once in a game and someone got spoken to by the ref for calling 'Leave!'. Do you think Town players could get away with this claiming they were calling 'Leif!'?
That ball from Leif! on 16:24 - Oct 27 with 617 viewshype313

That ball from Leif! on 16:21 - Oct 27 by PhilTWTD

On which note, I was once in a game and someone got spoken to by the ref for calling 'Leave!'. Do you think Town players could get away with this claiming they were calling 'Leif!'?

Is that still a thing? I got booked years ago for shouting "Mine" thought the ref thought I was crying wolf about an impending explosion.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

That ball from Leif! on 16:29 - Oct 27 with 608 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That ball from Leif! on 16:24 - Oct 27 by hype313

Is that still a thing? I got booked years ago for shouting "Mine" thought the ref thought I was crying wolf about an impending explosion.

haha.

I once got booked for shouting "Get it in the box".
Unbeknownst to me, the ref's fiancé was having it away with one of the subs by the side of the pitch. I felt bad about complaining.

That ball from Leif! on 17:11 - Oct 27 with 565 viewsSamWhiteUK

That ball from Leif! on 16:29 - Oct 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

haha.

I once got booked for shouting "Get it in the box".
Unbeknownst to me, the ref's fiancé was having it away with one of the subs by the side of the pitch. I felt bad about complaining.

Sorry, what?
That ball from Leif! on 17:55 - Oct 27 with 555 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That ball from Leif! on 17:11 - Oct 27 by SamWhiteUK

Sorry, what?

There was another time we had a female ref. I shouted "On me head", thinking there's nothing wrong with that. But the ref's husband was getting a blowjob from the tea lady at the time. I, naturally, got booked. We laughed about it afterwards though.

That ball from Leif! on 18:29 - Oct 27 with 533 viewsclive_baker

The thing that has excited me about him since I saw him is the things he doesn’t have are all the bits you can work on. He’s got just about all the components that you can’t really teach so easily. He’s very athletic, lovely technically, good passer, good crosser, an appetite to bomb forward, solid aerially, reads the game well, seems very hard working and humble too and let’s face it attitude is a big factor. It’s the occasional wrong ball or decision that we’re seeing less and less of as he gains more experience and gets match fit. Easy to forget he’s probably (I haven’t checked) started more games for us now than the rest of his career combined. If not he must be close.

I think that’s why he’s just got better and better, his ceiling is so high.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

That ball from Leif! on 19:55 - Oct 27 with 499 viewsOrangeboi373

Fantastic Pass. Definitely one of our most important players.

Poll: Scariest Halloween costume

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024