Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Town's sorry league record 10:53 - Oct 19 with 2821 viewscarlo88

I know we haven't enjoyed a promotion for 22 years now and thought it might be some kind of record, but I was amazed how much of a record it is. Out of all 72 EFL clubs we have the longest period since a promotion by seven years, with the next worst club having to wait 15 years. Anyone guess who that is?
Ipswich Town's sorry league record on 13:00 - Oct 19 with 623 viewschicoazul

Ipswich Town's sorry league record on 12:16 - Oct 19 by SmithersJones

Presumably time in the Premier League counts towards the 22 years, so if Everton get relegated then our record gets smashed.

OP refers to promotions only.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Ipswich Town's sorry league record on 13:04 - Oct 19 with 613 viewscarlo88

Ipswich Town's sorry league record on 12:29 - Oct 19 by monty_radio

I know that you said EFL so Carlisle's promotion back to L2 from the Conference wouldn't count, but, in terms of the promotion "feel", that we haven't really got near during your stated period, it would have been right up there for the Carlisle fans - a well-supported club in their remote locality.

If we go up this season it wouldn't be too dissimilar for us in that we have had to go down in order to enjoy the up. Although even them up the rud can say that many times over recently, if they want to own their participating past.

No I included any promotion so Carlise and Colchester were joint second. Perhaps I'll do percentage of live TV matches lost, that should be interesting...
Ipswich Town's sorry league record on 13:31 - Oct 19 with 572 viewsTJS

Oldham WERE the worst in the EFL with their last promotion from any division being 1991.
Now they are out of the EFL we are the worst (2000)
I may be wrong but I think the next worst is Mansfield (2002) and Colchester and Carlisle (2006)
Ipswich Town's sorry league record on 13:38 - Oct 19 with 537 viewscarlo88

Ipswich Town's sorry league record on 13:31 - Oct 19 by TJS

Oldham WERE the worst in the EFL with their last promotion from any division being 1991.
Now they are out of the EFL we are the worst (2000)
I may be wrong but I think the next worst is Mansfield (2002) and Colchester and Carlisle (2006)

Mansfield were promoted in 2013.
Ipswich Town's sorry league record on 13:38 - Oct 19 with 536 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Ipswich Town's sorry league record on 12:14 - Oct 19 by Daninthecampo

No longer in the football league

Nope, and now they’re gone and Coventry have turned things around we have taken our place as the most success starved club in the league, as the OP nicely illustrates. At least even clubs that have been through the mire like Portsmouth and Blackpool have had some good things to celebrate

Hopefully we’ll put that to bed this season though

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Ipswich Town's sorry league record on 13:41 - Oct 19 with 523 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Ipswich Town's sorry league record on 13:00 - Oct 19 by chicoazul

OP refers to promotions only.

Think he means that if Everton were relegated, they would be one of the 72 clubs and wouldn’t have won a promotion for 80-odd years, so would technically be top of this list. Obviously being in the top division during that time means they should be classed as an exception though (and they won’t get relegated anyway)

Ipswich Town's sorry league record on 13:47 - Oct 19 with 494 viewsTJS

Ipswich Town's sorry league record on 13:38 - Oct 19 by carlo88

Mansfield were promoted in 2013.

I'm only going on promotions once in the EFL not promotions from non-league to the EFL.
Ipswich Town's sorry league record on 13:53 - Oct 19 with 478 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Ipswich Town's sorry league record on 13:47 - Oct 19 by TJS

I'm only going on promotions once in the EFL not promotions from non-league to the EFL.

That doesn’t make sense though, and in that case Grimsby would outdo us as haven’t had a promotion within the league since the 90’s

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich Town's sorry league record on 14:34 - Oct 19 with 434 viewsTractorCam

Ipswich Town's sorry league record on 13:47 - Oct 19 by TJS

The question was about promotions from the current EFL clubs, not within the EFL itself.

By that logic Salford fans must be starved.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024