Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Pigot 08:24 - Oct 18 with 2109 viewsoldburian

On the bench last night, did not get on despite goals needed. The Cowleys were congratulating themselves by insisting on a no break clause, do you think they are now regretting this?
Joe Pigot on 08:32 - Oct 18 with 2034 viewsCityBlue

The Pompey bubble has burst and much like most their fan base predicted, they will fall into mid table obscurity. This was us last year.....that is the difference with KmcK....

I T I D

Joe Pigot on 08:36 - Oct 18 with 2009 viewsSteve_M

It's a 46 game season so I wouldn't read too much into anything at this stage. Far fewer Pompey fans telling us what an excellent deal it was to sign JP recently though....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Joe Pigot on 09:12 - Oct 18 with 1852 viewsclive_baker

Joe Pigot on 08:32 - Oct 18 by CityBlue

The Pompey bubble has burst and much like most their fan base predicted, they will fall into mid table obscurity. This was us last year.....that is the difference with KmcK....

I can't see them slipping that far as I do think they've got goals in their side. They've got a nice run of games coming up, I wouldn't write them off completely but they're not top 2 quality. I think they'll be somewhere in and around 4th - 7th.

They're just not that good a side though, they're pretty basic, direct, they'll beat a fair few at this level just because they've got a few players of quality but they're nothing special by any means.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Joe Pigot on 09:25 - Oct 18 with 1790 viewsblueislander

Joe Pigot on 09:12 - Oct 18 by clive_baker

I can't see them slipping that far as I do think they've got goals in their side. They've got a nice run of games coming up, I wouldn't write them off completely but they're not top 2 quality. I think they'll be somewhere in and around 4th - 7th.

They're just not that good a side though, they're pretty basic, direct, they'll beat a fair few at this level just because they've got a few players of quality but they're nothing special by any means.

I assume that the Pompey fan that was giving it large on here recently has not posted since last night? I think they have every chance of making the play offs I reckon that there are 7 teams in the race ; us obviously, Wednesday, Plymouth, Bolton, Barnsley, Peterborough, and Portsmouth, and any team that finishes above Wednesday will get automatic promotion..
Joe Pigot on 09:32 - Oct 18 with 1734 viewsclive_baker

Joe Pigot on 09:25 - Oct 18 by blueislander

I assume that the Pompey fan that was giving it large on here recently has not posted since last night? I think they have every chance of making the play offs I reckon that there are 7 teams in the race ; us obviously, Wednesday, Plymouth, Bolton, Barnsley, Peterborough, and Portsmouth, and any team that finishes above Wednesday will get automatic promotion..

He was a tedious troll and rightly got banned.

Would agree with that 7, would probably add Derby as well since they've got Warne in, he's a very capable manager and knows his way around L1. I don't think Sheffield Wednesday are any better than us on the evidence I've seen, I think the top 3 at this stage are the best 3 sides but I wouldn't rule out one of those others mentioned hitting a run of form. Ultimately, we need to maintain 2 points per game average and it should see us right.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Joe Pigot on 09:37 - Oct 18 with 1709 viewsJ2BLUE

Colby 'the best striker in the league' Bishop seems to have cooled off as well.

Does make me wonder if Portsmouth were just riding their unbeaten streak and once they did get beaten they lost some belief.

Definitely wouldn't write them off and think they will challenge top 6 but I think automatic promotion will be a battle with Plymouth, Sheff Wed and that inevitable team who suddenly string 6 wins together on the bounce and becomes a contender.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Joe Pigot on 09:40 - Oct 18 with 1692 viewstractorboy1978

I think you can say that about Wednesday, Plymouth and us. It looks a nailed on top 3 at the moment. Plymouth look the most susceptible to drop off but they are 12 points ahead of Peterborough in 4th already. Those sort of gaps are incredibly difficult to make up on teams at the top end of tables, as we found out last season.
Joe Pigot on 09:43 - Oct 18 with 1673 viewshomer_123

Joe Pigot on 09:40 - Oct 18 by tractorboy1978

I think you can say that about Wednesday, Plymouth and us. It looks a nailed on top 3 at the moment. Plymouth look the most susceptible to drop off but they are 12 points ahead of Peterborough in 4th already. Those sort of gaps are incredibly difficult to make up on teams at the top end of tables, as we found out last season.

'Plymouth look the most susceptible to drop off...'

Do you think so?

I thought they have consistently looked the best side in the league so far, why do you think they'll drop off? Or at least more likely to than us or Wednesday?
[Post edited 18 Oct 2022 9:53]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Pigot on 09:50 - Oct 18 with 1625 viewsJ2BLUE

Joe Pigot on 09:43 - Oct 18 by homer_123

Do you think so?

I thought they have consistently looked the best side in the league so far, why do you think they'll drop off? Or at least more likely to than us or Wednesday?

Hopefully they don't have the squad depth.

They are clearly a serious contender though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Joe Pigot on 09:51 - Oct 18 with 1617 viewstractorboy1978

Do you think so?

4 of their regular starting 11 (plus Cosgrove who has been scoring from the bench) are on loan and could get recalled in January. They have a smaller squad and far less strength in depth than us and Wednesday. The games can catch up with you and ultimately they tailed off a bit last season too, ending up 7th.
Joe Pigot on 09:53 - Oct 18 with 1607 viewshomer_123

Joe Pigot on 09:51 - Oct 18 by tractorboy1978

4 of their regular starting 11 (plus Cosgrove who has been scoring from the bench) are on loan and could get recalled in January. They have a smaller squad and far less strength in depth than us and Wednesday. The games can catch up with you and ultimately they tailed off a bit last season too, ending up 7th.

Fair points bud. Cheers.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Joe Pigot on 10:44 - Oct 18 with 1412 viewsIllinoisblue

I wouldn’t rule out Oxford

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Joe Pigot on 11:27 - Oct 18 with 1216 viewsExiled2Surrey

Joe Pigot on 09:53 - Oct 18 by homer_123

Fair points bud. Cheers.

I also don’t know how much of a factor their home games being a good long journey away for everyone visiting Home Park. Their record there is extraordinary - it is an obvious point but the proof of the pudding will come when they play those top sides away from home
Joe Pigot on 11:38 - Oct 18 with 1157 viewsdavblue

Do you think so?

think there will be some drop off, they've won 7 games out of 7 at home, i seriously doubt they will keep that up.

Im not sure they will drop like a stone though, it all depends on injuries if they avoid them and avoid tiredness they will be up there.
Joe Pigot on 13:04 - Oct 18 with 940 viewsArnieM

Joe Pigot on 09:12 - Oct 18 by clive_baker

anyone else theyve got in their team that we can poach in January then?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Joe Pigot on 13:09 - Oct 18 with 917 viewsRadlett_blue

Joe Pigot on 08:36 - Oct 18 by Steve_M

It's a 46 game season so I wouldn't read too much into anything at this stage. Far fewer Pompey fans telling us what an excellent deal it was to sign JP recently though....

Pompey are in the play-off zone with 2 games in hand so I wouldn't write them off. As for Pigott, all he showed me last season was that he was bang average at this level at best so a season long loan made the best sense for Town. We don't want him to be complete rubbish as come the summer, he will only have a year left on his contract & I think we will want rid.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Joe Pigot on 13:16 - Oct 18 with 890 viewsjayessess

Joe Pigot on 13:04 - Oct 18 by ArnieM

anyone else theyve got in their team that we can poach in January then?

Of the loanees:
Morgan Whittaker is probably playing himself into first team contention for Swansea
Bali Mumba's on loan from Norwich, so nothing doing there
Nigel Lonwijk is a right sided centre back, can't see that we'd need another

Finn Azaz is on loan from Aston Villa and Sam Cosgrove from Birmingham. I'd imagine you could probably tempt either club with a heftier loan fee. Cosgrove's record in the EFL is extremely inconsistent though. Not convinced that Azaz would displace any of our attackers either.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024