Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kit v Derby - Colour Blind fans 15:47 - Oct 11 with 1080 viewsSmithersJones

Not bothered one way or the other about whether we wear the black kit at home but having just looked at Derby's maroon third kit online it'll be difficult to distinguish from our kit. Not sure if that's because I'm colour blind or just that two dark kits look similar. TBH their white shirt would be a whole lot easier.
Kit v Derby - Colour Blind fans on 15:50 - Oct 11 with 1048 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Wouldn't they just wear their First Strip?

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Kit v Derby - Colour Blind fans on 15:52 - Oct 11 with 1030 viewsSmithersJones

Kit v Derby - Colour Blind fans on 15:50 - Oct 11 by BasingstokeBlue

Wouldn't they just wear their First Strip?

TWTD article suggests not
Kit v Derby - Colour Blind fans on 15:54 - Oct 11 with 1013 viewsSwansea_Blue

Kit v Derby - Colour Blind fans on 15:52 - Oct 11 by SmithersJones

Well that's silly - wearing their home kit is the obvious answer. We've already had one kit clash this season and it was a right old pain. I've no problem with us swapping kits, but not at the expense of a kit clash.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Kit v Derby - Colour Blind fans on 16:00 - Oct 11 with 963 viewsLankHenners

Kit v Derby - Colour Blind fans on 15:54 - Oct 11 by Swansea_Blue

Well that's silly - wearing their home kit is the obvious answer. We've already had one kit clash this season and it was a right old pain. I've no problem with us swapping kits, but not at the expense of a kit clash.

Their home shirt has a black section on it which presumably qualifies it as a clash even if they wore white shorts and socks.

Will likely be a similar issue to the Plymouth game where even for non-colourblind people it was tough to make out which team in the dark coloured kit was which on TV.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Kit v Derby - Colour Blind fans on 16:01 - Oct 11 with 941 viewsPhilTWTD

Kit v Derby - Colour Blind fans on 15:52 - Oct 11 by SmithersJones

Only my assumption as their home kit has a lot of black on it.
Kit v Derby - Colour Blind fans on 16:02 - Oct 11 with 939 viewsPinewoodblue

Kit v Derby - Colour Blind fans on 15:54 - Oct 11 by Swansea_Blue

Derby wear dark shorts with home and away kit, but they have a third kit, well third kit shorts, which are white.

Guess we will sell a few more to Ed’s fans irrespective of whatever football club they support, or which Country they live in.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Kit v Derby - Colour Blind fans on 18:31 - Oct 11 with 703 viewsHighgateBlue

Kit v Derby - Colour Blind fans on 16:00 - Oct 11 by LankHenners

Their home shirt has a black section on it which presumably qualifies it as a clash even if they wore white shorts and socks.

Will likely be a similar issue to the Plymouth game where even for non-colourblind people it was tough to make out which team in the dark coloured kit was which on TV.

I have an idea - why don't we wear our blue kit? That ought to solve the entirely manufactured and unnecessary problem.

What a great choice of game to wear the rather pointless black kit!
Kit v Derby - Colour Blind fans on 18:32 - Oct 11 with 694 viewsPinewoodblue

Kit v Derby - Colour Blind fans on 18:31 - Oct 11 by HighgateBlue

I have an idea - why don't we wear our blue kit? That ought to solve the entirely manufactured and unnecessary problem.

What a great choice of game to wear the rather pointless black kit!

It might not be traditional but it makes economic sense.

Probably one of the few third kits that is selling in decent numbers. I am sure we have already sold more than half the teams in League one have sold of their first kit.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2022 18:35]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Kit v Derby - Colour Blind fans on 18:50 - Oct 11 with 617 viewsHighgateBlue

Kit v Derby - Colour Blind fans on 18:32 - Oct 11 by Pinewoodblue

It might not be traditional but it makes economic sense.

Probably one of the few third kits that is selling in decent numbers. I am sure we have already sold more than half the teams in League one have sold of their first kit.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2022 18:35]

I don't want to be too much of a d*** about this. At the end of the day, they still wear shirts, shorts and socks, not space outfits, and if it brings a few more quid into the club, and people get to wear what they want, then fine.

But for goodness' sake, could they not have chosen a more appropriate game to wear it, if they insist on wearing it at all? Or just have it as the second kit, as there is no team against whom this thing is even useful.

Funnily enough, I really like what they do in US (and Canadian) ice hockey, where they have one colour top which is their team's colour, and then another which is white with trim from the team colours. Then they just always wear their home one at home, and away one away. Simple and obvious really.

But I guess the blackout blind is here to stay, so I'll suck it up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024