Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In Praise of McGod 12:17 - Oct 9 with 605 viewsnshearman1

For me McKenna is the best Manager we've had since Sir Bobby - possibly bar Joe Royle - for being able to turn matches around through either tactical changes, substitutions, or both. He's done just that in the last three matches now. I think he made a mistake not bringing Ball on when we were leading at Sheffield Wednesday and Plymouth, but I guess he's human, not God, and he's on the path to becoming a top top Manager - hopefully with us. When you add that to his fantastic coaching ability, getting the best out of the likes of Edwards, Evans and Donacien, just as Sir Bobby did with his players, then we have real gold dust here. Long may he reign at Ipswich Town!
In Praise of McGod on 12:32 - Oct 9 with 540 viewsBloomBlue

I sort agree however its comparing apples and pears, McK has the ability to use 5 subs whereas other mgrs have been restricted by having less options. For example if he was restricted to only 3 would he still change all 3 at 60 mins (which he often does) or keep 1 or 2 back to cover for any potential injuries in the remaining 30 mins. That also gives him more options to change tactics.

Don't get me wrong McK is definitely using the subs for positive results but comparing it with previous managers is difficult as they didn't have the 5 sub option.
In Praise of McGod on 12:34 - Oct 9 with 528 viewsIPS_wich

He does seem to be very much in keeping with our best three managers - Alf, Bobby and George (sorry, I don't hold Big Joe in the same esteem):

- Young inexperienced manager (tick)
- Wants to play attractive football (tick)
- Talks to the fans like we're not idiots (tick)
- Doesn't whinge and whine to the media (tick)

The only thing he's not doing at the moment that is in line with the other three is using many of our academy lads - but he's only been here 10 months and can only play the hand he's been dealt. I do hope that with his background he can get our academy up and firing - but that's going to take a couple of years.
In Praise of McGod on 12:38 - Oct 9 with 514 viewsclive_baker

Perhaps if we go up and can be competitive in the league above then he’ll have a case, but we need to remember we are well backed and in the 3rd tier. Not knocking KM at all as he can only play the hand he’s been dealt, but we’re a big fish at this level. I wouldn’t say 2nd in L1 is over achieving, we seem as a fan base to have become used to being crap, but when we’re signing players for 7 figures and getting crowds of 28,000 we absolutely should be winning the sort of games we are against Morecambe and Burton Albion. As I say not a criticism, the performances and consistency we’ve seen doesn’t happen by accident and it’s been an excellent first 10 months of so from KM, but let’s see where we go from here before we start comparing to managers like Burley who got us massively over achieving and finishing 5th in the top tier.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024