Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derek Adams post match interview 08:42 - Oct 9 with 2247 viewsBlueNote

A slightly different perspective
Derek Adams post match interview on 08:48 - Oct 9 with 2204 viewsjayessess

Sorry, how is he disputing either penalty? They're the two most stonewall pens I've ever seen!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Derek Adams post match interview on 09:02 - Oct 9 with 2129 viewsPippin1970

Hes an arrogant manager . Think he has a job for life at Morecambe. Similar to the Accrington boss. His plan didn't work and they lost.
Derek Adams post match interview on 09:30 - Oct 9 with 2004 viewsIPS_wich

Derek Adams post match interview on 08:48 - Oct 9 by jayessess

Sorry, how is he disputing either penalty? They're the two most stonewall pens I've ever seen!

The second was there - not sure it was stonewall though.

The first yes was as clear as day - but he's not disputing that, none of the players complained, the local commentators agreed it was a penalty - we just missed it.

And he's right about the offside goal - their player was onside by at least a yard when the ball was played - it was a terrible decision up there with the Sheff Wed offside equaliser that was given.
Derek Adams post match interview on 09:37 - Oct 9 with 1960 viewsBobsthename

Bitter.
Derek Adams post match interview on 09:42 - Oct 9 with 1932 viewsHipsterectomy

guy has head of year vibes

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Derek Adams post match interview on 10:04 - Oct 9 with 1830 viewsnoggin

I thought it was an honest and level headed interview.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Derek Adams post match interview on 10:13 - Oct 9 with 1803 viewsnoggin

Derek Adams post match interview on 08:48 - Oct 9 by jayessess

To be fair, he did indicate that he hadn't seen the replay but that others had said it wasn't a penalty.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Derek Adams post match interview on 11:27 - Oct 9 with 1669 viewsclive_baker

I thought that was a really fair summary from their perspective. Have to remember too that a post match interview isn’t always going to be an entirely neutral view of a game, that’s already happened and to some extent it’s about comments that can influence the next game. Keeping players and supporters positive etc. There’s not much he said that I disagree with, their disallowed goal was onside by all accounts. I would disagree on the pen though, I can see why it was given.

I like Derek, his managerial record is so good when you look back at what he’s achieved pretty much everywhere he’s been (perhaps with the exception of Bradford where they drew too many games), and he’s spot on about resources. They’re skint, he talks about the number of ST holders but also the average price at Morecambe is way way lower than ours. The budgets are worlds apart. He works his players hard, very hard and he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but they gave a good account of themselves yesterday. Really hope they stay up.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Derek Adams post match interview on 11:39 - Oct 9 with 1635 viewsjayessess

Derek Adams post match interview on 09:30 - Oct 9 by IPS_wich

The second was there - not sure it was stonewall though.

The first yes was as clear as day - but he's not disputing that, none of the players complained, the local commentators agreed it was a penalty - we just missed it.

And he's right about the offside goal - their player was onside by at least a yard when the ball was played - it was a terrible decision up there with the Sheff Wed offside equaliser that was given.

Can't see the complaint about the second penalty. There's a lot of contact, none of it is on the ball. It's not debateable in any way.

Yes, they got a bad offside call but they've had a similar one go their way in the first half (Jackson's one on one is onside) and got away with a clear penalty, both at 0-0.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Derek Adams post match interview on 12:00 - Oct 9 with 1595 viewsIllinoisblue

Derek Adams post match interview on 11:27 - Oct 9 by clive_baker

I thought that was a really fair summary from their perspective. Have to remember too that a post match interview isn’t always going to be an entirely neutral view of a game, that’s already happened and to some extent it’s about comments that can influence the next game. Keeping players and supporters positive etc. There’s not much he said that I disagree with, their disallowed goal was onside by all accounts. I would disagree on the pen though, I can see why it was given.

I like Derek, his managerial record is so good when you look back at what he’s achieved pretty much everywhere he’s been (perhaps with the exception of Bradford where they drew too many games), and he’s spot on about resources. They’re skint, he talks about the number of ST holders but also the average price at Morecambe is way way lower than ours. The budgets are worlds apart. He works his players hard, very hard and he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but they gave a good account of themselves yesterday. Really hope they stay up.

I was impressed by Morecambe. Thought it was going to be a stroll for us but they caused a lot of trouble. Also surprised the crowd was just under 5k, that’s decent numbers for a small club, double what the likes of Burton or FGR get.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Derek Adams post match interview on 12:28 - Oct 9 with 1521 viewsIPS_wich

Derek Adams post match interview on 12:00 - Oct 9 by Illinoisblue

I was impressed by Morecambe. Thought it was going to be a stroll for us but they caused a lot of trouble. Also surprised the crowd was just under 5k, that’s decent numbers for a small club, double what the likes of Burton or FGR get.

I think it's easy to lump them in with some of the other sh*thouse clubs in this league - but I'd rather see them do well ahead of the likes of Lincoln, Fleetwood, Wycombe and Accrington.

I mentioned this in another thread, but the commentators on their iFollow channel were all class - really even in their comments and really complementary about Ipswich as a club, our team and our fans.

Derek Adams is right there's an imbalance in resources, but he was stating it more as a matter of fact rather than as a monumental whinge.

I studied in Lancaster for a year and Morecambe is just down the road - they are a friendly club with honest fans and a realistic set of aspirations. I hope they stay up.
Derek Adams post match interview on 12:33 - Oct 9 with 1487 viewsclive_baker

Derek Adams post match interview on 12:00 - Oct 9 by Illinoisblue

They’re a very ‘honest’ club. As you say half decent gates now in L1, but really have little right to be in the division. Survival was a good result for them in L2 for years under Jim Bentley, until Adams completely transformed them on a shoe string budget. Literally not a pot to pee in, club is up for sale, they didn’t even have enough players for a full bench yesterday. When they see us turn up with our army of analysts and whatever else on the nice shiny coach it sure must highlight the difference in resources. It’s very much a league of have’s and have nots but good on Morecambe I say.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Derek Adams post match interview on 12:48 - Oct 9 with 1431 viewsIllinoisblue

Derek Adams post match interview on 12:28 - Oct 9 by IPS_wich

I think it's easy to lump them in with some of the other sh*thouse clubs in this league - but I'd rather see them do well ahead of the likes of Lincoln, Fleetwood, Wycombe and Accrington.

I mentioned this in another thread, but the commentators on their iFollow channel were all class - really even in their comments and really complementary about Ipswich as a club, our team and our fans.

Derek Adams is right there's an imbalance in resources, but he was stating it more as a matter of fact rather than as a monumental whinge.

I studied in Lancaster for a year and Morecambe is just down the road - they are a friendly club with honest fans and a realistic set of aspirations. I hope they stay up.

Hope they stay up too. Likable club.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Derek Adams post match interview on 15:35 - Oct 9 with 1233 viewsVic

“We looked very comfortable, we limited Ipswich to very few chances throughout the 90 minutes, they had openings, but they weren’t clear cut.”

Apart from 2 goals, a missed penalty, hitting the post once, the bar twice, a couple of fine saves from the keeper. So apart from us from having several very near misses we didn’t have many chances!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024