Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fuel pricing 23:02 - Oct 3 with 1501 viewsmjw_1983

Where are you finding cheapest fuel?
Just filled up at capel service station unleaded is 1:55.9 which is 4p cheaper than anywhere else I’ve seen
Fuel pricing on 23:06 - Oct 3 with 1475 viewshoppy

Esso at Capel has been consistently the cheapest locally for weeks.

I use the app version of this, which is very helpful - especially when away from home and don’t necessarily know where best in the area…

https://www.petrolprices.com/

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Fuel pricing on 23:55 - Oct 3 with 1395 viewsTrequartista

Capel St Mary seems to have found a nord stream 3 for their cut-price petrol lately. (Well the yanks call it gas, so i'm having that).

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Fuel pricing on 06:11 - Oct 4 with 1276 viewsSitfcB

Woolpit… 151.9

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Fuel pricing on 06:58 - Oct 4 with 1191 viewsEly_Blue

Fuel pricing on 06:11 - Oct 4 by SitfcB

Woolpit… 151.9

Wow! How is fuel so cheap in East Anglia yet down here on the south coast it’s still up at 166.9 at the cheapest filling stations?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Fuel pricing on 07:01 - Oct 4 with 1174 viewsSitfcB

Fuel pricing on 06:58 - Oct 4 by Ely_Blue

Wow! How is fuel so cheap in East Anglia yet down here on the south coast it’s still up at 166.9 at the cheapest filling stations?

It’s 166.9 at Tesco Stowmarket.

Woolpit has been the cheapest by some distance for a while, not sure how or why but not complaining, it’s dropped about 30p in a couple of months.

COYB

Fuel pricing on 07:04 - Oct 4 with 1149 viewsEly_Blue

Fuel pricing on 07:01 - Oct 4 by SitfcB

Woolpit has been the cheapest by some distance for a while, not sure how or why but not complaining, it’s dropped about 30p in a couple of months.

I’ve never understood the supermarket fuel pricing model, it’s 166.9 at my local Tesco too yet in the one at copdock on Saturday it was 159.9, surely their business model means they are paying the same prices across the country (you don’t pay more for a tin of Heinz beans in a Tesco where it cost more to distribute it to)

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Fuel pricing on 07:07 - Oct 4 with 1146 viewshoppy

Fuel pricing on 07:01 - Oct 4 by SitfcB

Is that the Murco at Woolpit?
Looks like diesel is 173.9 there. Capel Esso is 175.9, while most others around Ipswich are 178.9 or 179.9 currently.

Fuel pricing on 07:25 - Oct 4 with 1095 viewsandytown

Fuel pricing on 07:07 - Oct 4 by hoppy

Looks like diesel is 173.9 there. Capel Esso is 175.9, while most others around Ipswich are 178.9 or 179.9 currently.

Morrisons Witham 155.9 as well.
According to confused.com there are some around Southend area which are 149.9, but that site not always accurate in my experience.
Login to get fewer ads

Fuel pricing on 07:34 - Oct 4 with 1080 viewsSitfcB

Fuel pricing on 07:07 - Oct 4 by hoppy

It is yes, think that is correct, always a queue to get in!

COYB

Fuel pricing on 07:35 - Oct 4 with 1074 viewsSitfcB

Fuel pricing on 07:04 - Oct 4 by Ely_Blue

I’ve never understood the supermarket fuel pricing model, it’s 166.9 at my local Tesco too yet in the one at copdock on Saturday it was 159.9, surely their business model means they are paying the same prices across the country (you don’t pay more for a tin of Heinz beans in a Tesco where it cost more to distribute it to)

Yeah I’ve been saying exactly this, strange but I believe they go on what competition they have, so Ipswich has an Asda and a Morrisons where as Stowmarket just has a Tesco, hence the difference.

Supermarkets always used to be about 20p cheaper than the big guys but around here Shell and BP are cheaper than them atm.

COYB

Fuel pricing on 07:46 - Oct 4 with 1043 viewshoppy

Fuel pricing on 07:35 - Oct 4 by SitfcB

Yeah I’ve been saying exactly this, strange but I believe they go on what competition they have, so Ipswich has an Asda and a Morrisons where as Stowmarket just has a Tesco, hence the difference.

Supermarkets always used to be about 20p cheaper than the big guys but around here Shell and BP are cheaper than them atm.

And diesel used to be cheaper than petrol by some way, yet now, can be 15-20p more in places. 🙁

Fuel pricing on 08:11 - Oct 4 with 991 viewsLesta_Tractor

Any cash and carry type places with petrol stations in Suffolk?

We've got Costco membership and pay about 1.40 for petrol at the moment

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Fuel pricing on 08:11 - Oct 4 with 990 viewsjonbull88

Fuel pricing on 07:35 - Oct 4 by SitfcB

Unfortunately with Asda being owned by the eg group brothers, cutting fuel prices aren’t in their interest. As Asda were the main cost cutters and the likes of Tesco, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s following suit, now Asda doesn’t cut like they used to, the others don’t either.

I’ve always thought there needs to be some sort of watch dog that kept an eye on prices and that said the price should be X when price of oil, exchange rate etc were taken in to account.
Fuel pricing on 08:19 - Oct 4 with 969 viewsBlueBadger

Fuel pricing on 06:58 - Oct 4 by Ely_Blue

All those Pompey fans making away trips in their millions.

Supply and demand, innit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Fuel pricing on 08:49 - Oct 4 with 900 viewsNthQldITFC

Fuel pricing on 08:19 - Oct 4 by BlueBadger

All those Pompey fans making away trips in their millions.

Supply and demand, innit.

Personally, I always find the petrol purchased around Portsmouth perhaps a pinch salty for my palette.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Fuel pricing on 12:01 - Oct 4 with 761 viewsdanbaker7

The BP in Rochford Essex has it as 149.9
Fuel pricing on 12:09 - Oct 4 with 749 viewsfarkenhell

Fuel pricing on 23:06 - Oct 3 by hoppy

Esso at Capel has been consistently the cheapest locally for weeks.

I use the app version of this, which is very helpful - especially when away from home and don’t necessarily know where best in the area…

https://www.petrolprices.com/

Thanks for the link.
Fuel pricing on 12:33 - Oct 4 with 713 viewslongtimefan

Fuel pricing on 08:11 - Oct 4 by jonbull88

Unfortunately with Asda being owned by the eg group brothers, cutting fuel prices aren’t in their interest. As Asda were the main cost cutters and the likes of Tesco, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s following suit, now Asda doesn’t cut like they used to, the others don’t either.

I’ve always thought there needs to be some sort of watch dog that kept an eye on prices and that said the price should be X when price of oil, exchange rate etc were taken in to account.

The one that always annoys me is Tesco Copdock 159.9p but Tesco Martlesham 162.9p
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024