Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks to be a physical game Saturday 13:11 - Sep 15 with 2521 viewsJimInGreensboro

According to some of the twaddle on their chat, Wednesday’s fans believe their side will muscle us about on Saturday, citing an off-season weight training regimen. Judging from the noodle arms in the link, I’m not impressed, and I don’t think they’ve been introduced to the likes of Sam Morsy quite yet.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/harder-better-faste
Looks to be a physical game Saturday on 13:18 - Sep 15 with 2443 viewsBlueBadger

Should remind them that we had the largest forearms in the division under Roy Keane and he still nearly relegated us twice, so that counts for nowt.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Looks to be a physical game Saturday on 13:24 - Sep 15 with 2392 viewsGlasgowBlue

Get Ball in alongside Morsy and Evans.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Looks to be a physical game Saturday on 13:26 - Sep 15 with 2374 viewsSheffordBlue

Looks to be a physical game Saturday on 13:24 - Sep 15 by GlasgowBlue

I can see the arguments for that but struggle to see how we would set up that wouldn't be a huge change from how we play now. It would require a fairly fundamental shift in how we played - which might be the right thing to do but I'm not convinced.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Looks to be a physical game Saturday on 13:29 - Sep 15 with 2348 viewsOldsmoker

...and at the end of the game it won't be about who was the toughest but more likely who's grandmother could have scored THAT goal.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Looks to be a physical game Saturday on 13:46 - Sep 15 with 2253 viewsGuthrum

Must be careful not to get more than four of them sent off.

(C) Joey Barton

It says in that article that they are taking inspiration from the Prem. Whereas our coaching team were hired from an actual Prem club.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2022 13:54]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Looks to be a physical game Saturday on 13:56 - Sep 15 with 2194 viewsPioneerBlue

Sheff Wed. Wigan. Rotherham. WW. Despite being at the right end of the table, all had a strength and power game last season that we didn’t possess in enough positions but our football was not at the level is now.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Looks to be a physical game Saturday on 14:37 - Sep 15 with 2015 viewsBasuco

Gassan Ahadme and Freddie Ladapo won't be too worried either.
Looks to be a physical game Saturday on 15:18 - Sep 15 with 1900 viewsArnieM

If it is a physical approach by then , I think Morsy will soon end up getting booked . That’ll be what 3 already this season?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Looks to be a physical game Saturday on 15:59 - Sep 15 with 1796 viewsJimInGreensboro

Looks to be a physical game Saturday on 15:18 - Sep 15 by ArnieM

If it is a physical approach by then , I think Morsy will soon end up getting booked . That’ll be what 3 already this season?

He does tend to get tagged with yellow early. But, looking at his career stats, Sam's shown a remarkable capacity to avoid send-offs. If I'm reading it correctly, he has 77 yellows in all levels of league play, whilst just 4 reds ( https://www.footballcritic.com/sam-morsy/career-stats/36917).

Considering his aggression, he does seem to know how to handle himself after the yellows. Let's hope that continues.

Cheers, Arnie!
Looks to be a physical game Saturday on 16:06 - Sep 15 with 1762 viewsBiGDonnie

Noodle arms

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Looks to be a physical game Saturday on 16:11 - Sep 15 with 1743 viewsbungaytractor

I would like to see edmundson back in the team when we play sheffield hes very strong and for me our best defender,not sure why he has been left out but id play him and ball aswell
Looks to be a physical game Saturday on 16:51 - Sep 15 with 1654 viewsSheffordBlue

Looks to be a physical game Saturday on 15:59 - Sep 15 by JimInGreensboro

He does tend to get tagged with yellow early. But, looking at his career stats, Sam's shown a remarkable capacity to avoid send-offs. If I'm reading it correctly, he has 77 yellows in all levels of league play, whilst just 4 reds ( https://www.footballcritic.com/sam-morsy/career-stats/36917).

Considering his aggression, he does seem to know how to handle himself after the yellows. Let's hope that continues.

Cheers, Arnie!

He's also commiting fewer fouls per 90 so far this season compared with last - that's probably something to do with the role that McKenna has him playing but he's possibly also being more considered in his aggression.

2021/22 - 2.3 fouls per 90
2022/23 - 1.5 fouls per 90

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Looks to be a physical game Saturday on 17:37 - Sep 15 with 1566 viewsdavblue

Looks to be a physical game Saturday on 13:24 - Sep 15 by GlasgowBlue

Was thinking on Tuesday night I wonder if he plays instead of Evans on Saturday despite Evans’ great form.
Looks to be a physical game Saturday on 21:30 - Sep 15 with 1405 viewsBigCommon

Looks to be a physical game Saturday on 17:37 - Sep 15 by davblue

Was thinking on Tuesday night I wonder if he plays instead of Evans on Saturday despite Evans’ great form.

I'd say Evans can handle himself in a physical game, tbf.....
Overall, I doubt Wednesday will be any more physical than Burton or Accrington were. But they can probably play a bit more football, on top..
I don't think they'll out muscle us , at all. But I could see more of a stalemate, for a large part of the match. With , perhaps our fitness levels and strong bench giving us the edge, later in the game.. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.
Looks to be a physical game Saturday on 21:56 - Sep 15 with 1329 viewsVic

For the first time since Mick’s time I feel we can go toe to toe with any team in this league. Might not win them all, but I’m confident we don’t need to be scared of any team.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Looks to be a physical game Saturday on 08:40 - Sep 16 with 1088 viewsdavblue

Looks to be a physical game Saturday on 21:30 - Sep 15 by BigCommon

I'd say Evans can handle himself in a physical game, tbf.....
Overall, I doubt Wednesday will be any more physical than Burton or Accrington were. But they can probably play a bit more football, on top..
I don't think they'll out muscle us , at all. But I could see more of a stalemate, for a large part of the match. With , perhaps our fitness levels and strong bench giving us the edge, later in the game.. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.

i just wondered if he would want more of a sitter/destroyer in a big away game and Evans and Morsy have played in all of our league games so far.

I expect Evans to play because of his form but it really wouldn't surprise me if Ball came in.
Looks to be a physical game Saturday on 09:52 - Sep 16 with 995 viewsim_marcacus

More concerned with us playing a team who have the players to punish the sloppy mistakes we make at the back and have generally gotten away with up ‘til now. No doubt about it they’re dangerous going forward, let’s hope we can bamboozle them with our own creative players and be a little more clinical than we’ve shown so far despite our good results. Should be a good game, wish I could be there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024