Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yeah, the NHS is fecked 10:01 - Sep 1 with 2444 viewsElderGrizzly

Part 2765797

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 10:08 - Sep 1 with 1906 viewsBasuco

Another big problem is social care, many people who need help and care to be safely discharged from hospital are being discharged anyway, as there is such a huge shortage of beds and nursing staff in hospitals. The constant under funding of the NHS has pushed it to the very edge of being overwhelmed, which is more than likely current Government policy.
Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 10:14 - Sep 1 with 1861 viewsDarth_Koont

The NHS is fecked whichever way it turns.

In particular, United Health, the US private healthcare behemoth, will be all over the NHS if Streeting and indeed Starmer have anything to do with it.

https://inwhoseinterests.home.blog/2022/06/08/hedge-fund-labour-why-is-the-party

Pronouns: He/Him

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 10:14 - Sep 1 with 1856 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The economy too......just saying. Hang on to your hats!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 10:25 - Sep 1 with 1818 viewsWeWereZombies

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 10:14 - Sep 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

The economy too......just saying. Hang on to your hats!

May I ask how high you expect the hat market to rise over the next six months ?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 10:36 - Sep 1 with 1768 viewsGuthrum

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 10:25 - Sep 1 by WeWereZombies

May I ask how high you expect the hat market to rise over the next six months ?

A high hat market is just symbolic.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 10:51 - Sep 1 with 1722 viewsBlueandTruesince82

This has been the case for years, there needs to be reform, it's a black hole for money but politicians are too scared of the publics reaction to try and tackle it.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 10:54 - Sep 1 with 1697 viewsGuthrum

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 10:51 - Sep 1 by BlueandTruesince82

This has been the case for years, there needs to be reform, it's a black hole for money but politicians are too scared of the publics reaction to try and tackle it.

And too wedded to the idea of privatisation of the health service. Well, more likely too mired in the complexity of untangling the Trust system, while hampered by the cuts which have already been made (notably in mental health).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 10:56 - Sep 1 with 1675 viewsWeWereZombies

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 10:36 - Sep 1 by Guthrum

A high hat market is just symbolic.

Enough with the off beat comments...

Login to get fewer ads

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 11:11 - Sep 1 with 1632 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 10:54 - Sep 1 by Guthrum

And too wedded to the idea of privatisation of the health service. Well, more likely too mired in the complexity of untangling the Trust system, while hampered by the cuts which have already been made (notably in mental health).

It needs radical thinking doesn't it. I have to say I don't think privatisation is the answer but I do think encouraging as many companies as possible to offer a private heathcare option to try ans minimise NHS costs.

People forget that the NHS was founded to feal with emergencies, it's scope in terms of what it does has (understandably) grown over time but it is now a spiralling mess and needs some real consideration.

One thing I would do is get the NHS to use its buying power better. ATM each authority has responsibility for provurment, bandages, big roles etc. It can't be that hard for the NHS to do this as one entity, so instead of say North Staffs buying 100,000 needles, get the NHS as whole to buy a million and the price per unit drops.

It should also equal less bureaucracy and shouldn't need the same number of people to deliver, tbe saving in that reduced headcount should go straight to front line employment, nurses, doctors etc.

Its still just a drop in the ocean of course

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 11:22 - Sep 1 with 1572 viewsLord_Lucan

Whilst the NHS may need extra funding, throwing money at it is not the whole answer.

NHS gets a massive amount of money and blows large amounts of it on crap.

It needs to have a massive overhaul, it needs dismantling and rebuilding - but it's the biggest hot potato if ever there was one

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 11:23 - Sep 1 with 1561 viewsDanTheMan

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 11:11 - Sep 1 by BlueandTruesince82

It needs radical thinking doesn't it. I have to say I don't think privatisation is the answer but I do think encouraging as many companies as possible to offer a private heathcare option to try ans minimise NHS costs.

People forget that the NHS was founded to feal with emergencies, it's scope in terms of what it does has (understandably) grown over time but it is now a spiralling mess and needs some real consideration.

One thing I would do is get the NHS to use its buying power better. ATM each authority has responsibility for provurment, bandages, big roles etc. It can't be that hard for the NHS to do this as one entity, so instead of say North Staffs buying 100,000 needles, get the NHS as whole to buy a million and the price per unit drops.

It should also equal less bureaucracy and shouldn't need the same number of people to deliver, tbe saving in that reduced headcount should go straight to front line employment, nurses, doctors etc.

Yeah the whole trust system seems really strange.

Another example is with IT, where each trust can have completely different sets of software which absolutely no regard as to whether they can integrate on a national level. Not even shared standards they have to adhere to, just a complete free for all.

Seems absolutely mental that's the case.

It'd be so much cheap for the NHS to hire a team of decent developers and build in house software for the whole country to use rather than hoping a tangled mess of integrations holds together.

For what it's worth I think people who absolutely be up for changes in the NHS, they just don't want to see the fundamentals of it changing, and I'd argue they don't really need to. Right now one of the biggest issues is just there are not enough beds because we can't release people into the community for a variety of reasons. We spend so much money dealing with emergencies and keeping the lights on without any long term planning on dealing with the bigger picture issues.

It's such a mess and really disheartening.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 11:24 - Sep 1 with 1554 viewsElderGrizzly

It needs reform indeed, but i’d suggest cancer and maternity services are pretty high priority.
Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 11:29 - Sep 1 with 1538 viewsLamp

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 11:22 - Sep 1 by Lord_Lucan

Whilst the NHS may need extra funding, throwing money at it is not the whole answer.

NHS gets a massive amount of money and blows large amounts of it on crap.

It needs to have a massive overhaul, it needs dismantling and rebuilding - but it's the biggest hot potato if ever there was one

How much must utilities be currently eating out of hospital budgets?
Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 11:39 - Sep 1 with 1500 viewsgiant_stow

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 11:29 - Sep 1 by Lamp

Yeah and everything else too - schools must be in trouble. I also saw something about care-homes potentially going bust, as they can't balance the new costs with increased fees no one will pay.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 11:54 - Sep 1 with 1459 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 11:24 - Sep 1 by ElderGrizzly

It needs reform indeed, but i’d suggest cancer and maternity services are pretty high priority.

I'd agree, I'm not saying that the NHS shouldn't offer cancer treatment. I am saying it needs to look at how it delivers everything and how that can be done better. As others have said you can't just chuck money at it becaues it will consume as much as you can throw.

We need to get it to work smarter, whenever I speak to people in the NHS "too many organ grinders, not enough monkeys" or similar is often said. Structurally it needs oolong at, As said above the trust system is an aspect that could certainly be looked at, procurement another, then internal structures, again only a start, far from a solution

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 12:01 - Sep 1 with 1441 viewshomer_123

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 11:11 - Sep 1 by BlueandTruesince82

The NHS is already, to a significant degree, privatised.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 12:09 - Sep 1 with 1414 viewsWeWereZombies

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 12:01 - Sep 1 by homer_123

So the complete overhaul everyone on this thread seems to be looking for would be to nationalise, outwards, everything to do with the NHS ? (Which may be what happens for a while when it comes to energy, in much the same was as the United States effectively nationalised banking for a while during the crisis of 2008/09.)

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 12:13 - Sep 1 with 1390 viewsElderGrizzly

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 11:29 - Sep 1 by Lamp

Around £800m apparently which is entirely unbudgeted for
Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 12:16 - Sep 1 with 1372 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 12:01 - Sep 1 by homer_123

The fabulous Blair again!
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2006/feb/16/health.politics
https://lowdownnhs.info/analysis/the-history-of-privatisation-part-5/

"The New Labour approach was later summed up by Blair’s Pensions Secretary John Hutton in a 2007 speech to the CBI in which he argued that the “core” of the reform programme including “an open minded approach to who provides” — was being “built into the DNA of our public service infrastructure.”

But increasingly it became obvious that ministers were far from open minded; indeed they became ideologically obsessed with bringing in private companies and private hospitals as so-called “partners” — at the expense of sidelining and destabilising existing NHS providers."

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 12:25 - Sep 1 with 1331 viewsDarth_Koont

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 12:16 - Sep 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

The fabulous Blair again!
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2006/feb/16/health.politics
https://lowdownnhs.info/analysis/the-history-of-privatisation-part-5/

"The New Labour approach was later summed up by Blair’s Pensions Secretary John Hutton in a 2007 speech to the CBI in which he argued that the “core” of the reform programme including “an open minded approach to who provides” — was being “built into the DNA of our public service infrastructure.”

But increasingly it became obvious that ministers were far from open minded; indeed they became ideologically obsessed with bringing in private companies and private hospitals as so-called “partners” — at the expense of sidelining and destabilising existing NHS providers."

I think the 2000s have seen a huge change in the role of politicians. It now seems more and more that they’re there to smooth private enterprise’s access to government funds (and the “free money” of billions of government borrowing).

It used to be a side gig but now seems an industry in itself. And fully integral to a party’s pitch for power.

Pronouns: He/Him

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 12:27 - Sep 1 with 1316 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 12:25 - Sep 1 by Darth_Koont

I think the 2000s have seen a huge change in the role of politicians. It now seems more and more that they’re there to smooth private enterprise’s access to government funds (and the “free money” of billions of government borrowing).

It used to be a side gig but now seems an industry in itself. And fully integral to a party’s pitch for power.

We have had government by T.I.N.A for decades.

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 13:27 - Sep 1 with 1201 viewsbrazil1982

I thought it was being sold to American companies?
Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 13:37 - Sep 1 with 1178 viewsmylittletown

If you can be bothered to listen from 10.00 minutes, there is an interesting discussion as to why excess deaths haven't fallen, when COVID deaths have.

In a maybe oversimplified summary it mainly down to increased deaths from cardiovascular issues caused by pressure on the NHS, including ambulance response times etc.
Deaths from serious conditions which are less reliant on immediate response, such as cancer, are not at above usual levels.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001bl03
Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 13:53 - Sep 1 with 1125 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 12:25 - Sep 1 by Darth_Koont

All MP’s should be barred from outside funding and party’s too. Come up with new funding models.

I’m quite rightly not allowed any conflicts of interest at work so neither should they. If you can’t survive on 88k a year and expenses then look for a job elsewhere.
Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 14:03 - Sep 1 with 1096 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yeah, the NHS is fecked on 13:27 - Sep 1 by brazil1982

I thought it was being sold to American companies?

It is incrementally. American companies already provide a significant proportion of our mental health care bed capacity, own strings of GP surgeries, sell a range of medi-tech, medicine management and data products and services. Quite a few of the large US private health firms being given contracts have poor records at home back in the US with some having been the subject of Senate investigations into mismanagement.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024