Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Eastman 16:54 - Jul 5 with 4072 viewsBonneNIL

One of our youth products that Roy Keane seemed to rate, is in the top 10 all times appearance lists for Colchester United at 445 games. That's some career he has had, even if it might not be at the best level.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Tom Eastman on 18:09 - Jul 6 with 626 viewsbluewhite

Tom Eastman on 17:55 - Jul 6 by Veggie

Exactly. And when there are 92 clubs with, say, 30 professionals on average, where do the other players come from? Ok a percentage are foreign, but at least 70% must be British, so producing a journeyman at Colchester is hardly ‘Massive’.

With respect, Veggie, after a decade with the same pro club, Tom Eastman is the exact opposite of a "journeyman" (i.e. someone who keeps changing clubs, moving on again after a short period of time and sometimes more than once per season).
Tom Eastman on 18:39 - Jul 6 with 591 viewsChrisd

That's a terrific number of games as a professional, a record he should feel rightly proud of. I'm sure many on here would like the opportunity to play 'one' game at that standard of football?!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Tom Eastman on 19:23 - Jul 6 with 572 viewsVeggie

Tom Eastman on 18:09 - Jul 6 by bluewhite

With respect, Veggie, after a decade with the same pro club, Tom Eastman is the exact opposite of a "journeyman" (i.e. someone who keeps changing clubs, moving on again after a short period of time and sometimes more than once per season).

With respect, blue white, the term Journeyman is not actually literately some one who moves around a lot. But well done for trying to be clever.

a worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding.
"a solid journeyman professional"
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 19:39]
Tom Eastman on 19:42 - Jul 6 with 563 viewsSwailsey

Tom Eastman on 19:23 - Jul 6 by Veggie

With respect, blue white, the term Journeyman is not actually literately some one who moves around a lot. But well done for trying to be clever.

a worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding.
"a solid journeyman professional"
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 19:39]

Nah, they’ve got you bang to rights. The majority of people interpret journeyman as many clubs. I’ve just Googled the same thing you have, but you know fully well how it’s interpreted and used in common parlance.

Well done for needless negativity though!
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 19:43]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Tom Eastman on 19:45 - Jul 6 with 557 viewsVeggie

Tom Eastman on 19:42 - Jul 6 by Swailsey

Nah, they’ve got you bang to rights. The majority of people interpret journeyman as many clubs. I’ve just Googled the same thing you have, but you know fully well how it’s interpreted and used in common parlance.

Well done for needless negativity though!
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 19:43]

Nah mate. Dictionary definition. That’s why I used it. Not really bothered what you think most people think.

[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 19:47]
Tom Eastman on 19:47 - Jul 6 with 556 viewsSwailsey

Tom Eastman on 19:45 - Jul 6 by Veggie

Nah mate. Dictionary definition. That’s why I used it. Not really bothered what you think most people think.

[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 19:47]

You crack on!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Tom Eastman on 19:49 - Jul 6 with 551 viewsVeggie

Tom Eastman on 19:47 - Jul 6 by Swailsey

You crack on!

Here’s another. But dictionaries must be wrong according to Swailsey, Mr Common Parlance.

2 : an experienced reliable worker, athlete, or performer especially as distinguished from one who is brilliant or colorful.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 19:50]
Tom Eastman on 19:53 - Jul 6 with 545 viewsSwailsey

Tom Eastman on 19:49 - Jul 6 by Veggie

Here’s another. But dictionaries must be wrong according to Swailsey, Mr Common Parlance.

2 : an experienced reliable worker, athlete, or performer especially as distinguished from one who is brilliant or colorful.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 19:50]

You crack on!

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Eastman on 19:56 - Jul 6 with 538 viewsVeggie

Tom Eastman on 19:53 - Jul 6 by Swailsey

You crack on!

No problems

The Oxford English Dictionary, which traces the first use of “journeyman” to 1463, notes that one definition, “one who is not a 'master' of his trade or business,” is “chiefly depreciatory.” In other words, calling someone a “journeyman” could be taken as an insult.
Tom Eastman on 00:08 - Jul 7 with 482 viewsbluewhite

Tom Eastman on 19:56 - Jul 6 by Veggie

No problems

The Oxford English Dictionary, which traces the first use of “journeyman” to 1463, notes that one definition, “one who is not a 'master' of his trade or business,” is “chiefly depreciatory.” In other words, calling someone a “journeyman” could be taken as an insult.

And you intended it to be an insult, right? How charming.

I can't help wondering what other people think of your own ability and usefulness in your own job, whatever it may be. And how you'd enjoy them being 'wittily' insulting about it in a public forum. Especially if they don't actually know you, and couldn't ever do your job themselves.
Tom Eastman on 00:23 - Jul 7 with 472 viewsjeera

Tom Eastman on 19:56 - Jul 6 by Veggie

No problems

Utter nonsense.

That [definition] comes up on the first page of a bloody Google search. It is you who is trying to be clever Mr I know Football. When will you learn to think for yourself instead of trying to impress other people all the time?

The known and well-used form of 'journeyman' in the game is foremost one who moves around a lot to ply his trade; i.e. from club to club without much loyalty.

Anyone over the age of ten will tell you that.

"It dates back to the 1400s" ffs. You do know how language works right?

You must be right 'mythed'?

Weren't you recently banned for racist remarks in a tantrum?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Tom Eastman on 06:59 - Jul 7 with 418 viewsSwailsey

Tom Eastman on 00:23 - Jul 7 by jeera

Utter nonsense.

That [definition] comes up on the first page of a bloody Google search. It is you who is trying to be clever Mr I know Football. When will you learn to think for yourself instead of trying to impress other people all the time?

The known and well-used form of 'journeyman' in the game is foremost one who moves around a lot to ply his trade; i.e. from club to club without much loyalty.

Anyone over the age of ten will tell you that.

"It dates back to the 1400s" ffs. You do know how language works right?

You must be right 'mythed'?

Weren't you recently banned for racist remarks in a tantrum?

Yes! GO JEERA

Tom Eastman on 14:56 - Jul 7 with 375 viewsBonneNIL

Tom Eastman on 18:09 - Jul 6 by bluewhite

It's great to see our products have good careers elsewhere, especially as most of them end up playing in the Eastern Counties leagues.

In fact, a couple of seasons ago, Eastman had he not been here before may have been the exact type of signing we would like to make in League One when looking for a solid center-back looking to step up a league.

Tom Eastman on 15:09 - Jul 7 with 373 viewsMeadowlark

Tom Eastman on 22:25 - Jul 5 by Grumpy_Old_Man

Sent off on his debut?

Yes. That's what I thought....it was him wasn't it? I felt a bit sorry for him at the time.
Tom Eastman on 16:29 - Jul 7 with 364 viewsMediocre_Quick

Tom Eastman on 10:49 - Jul 6 by J2BLUE

Was it? Is this fact or speculation? I don't remember anything about that.

Very much so, once he got in the first team he turned the arrogance levels up tenfold and believed he was gods gift

We used to go from college to Playford road and help the U18’s at the time out with their early level coaching badges, and he was class lad then, but when he got the push to the 1st team, as above, he became a bit of a kn0b
Tom Eastman on 16:43 - Jul 7 with 348 viewsBonneNIL

Tom Eastman on 06:59 - Jul 7 by Swailsey

Yes! GO JEERA

I don't understand how a thread about how Eastman went on to have a good career derailed into another Trollfest.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024