Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Piggott really stood out today 18:17 - Jun 25 with 3043 viewsSTYG

And not for good reasons.

Looks like the only part of the machine that doesn’t fit.

So much energy in possession. Control, turn, pass, move and we cut them open time after time second half.

In the first Piggott was a statue. Didn’t dominate even Needham Market players. Had one decent shot that he was unlucky not to score from but that aside he was totally anonymous.

By contrast, Ladapo immediately held the ball up, played it wide and we overloaded players in the box.

Really good work out but can’t see any way Piggott remains here next season. If McKenna rated his chances at all he’d have been ahead of Norwood and Bonne at the tail end of last season when we couldn’t make the top six.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2022 18:17]
Piggott really stood out today on 18:54 - Jun 25 with 2850 viewscbower

Who will want him that can afford his wages? We signed him from L1 club after a 20+ goal season on a free if a remember so good money will have been spent on offering him a decent contract. It was seen as a coup for Town. He won't attract interest from the Championship and which clubs in L1 are going to pay the same as us. We would have to pay him to leave!

bluescouser

Piggott really stood out today on 18:59 - Jun 25 with 2818 viewsOwainG1992

Piggott really stood out today on 18:54 - Jun 25 by cbower

Who will want him that can afford his wages? We signed him from L1 club after a 20+ goal season on a free if a remember so good money will have been spent on offering him a decent contract. It was seen as a coup for Town. He won't attract interest from the Championship and which clubs in L1 are going to pay the same as us. We would have to pay him to leave!

Charlton wanted him last season. Maybe they'll make an offer.
Maybe even a loan to a view to a perm.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Piggott really stood out today on 19:15 - Jun 25 with 2722 viewsSTYG

I can’t see him being any part of the 18 so, if he’s on say £7k a week, we’d be better off loaning him out to a League One or League Two side and getting £2k - £3k back a week. It’s still £100k - £150k saved over a season where he’s unlikely to feature.

He sadly offers nothing. I was excited when we signed him but he was poor under Cook and McKenna’s style suits him even less.

Think it’s a case of getting what we can. If Ashton sells him for any kind of fee it would be remarkable.
Piggott really stood out today on 22:47 - Jun 25 with 2214 viewsxrayspecs

A lot of his goals for AFCW were from the penalty spot, I am not sure he was prolific from open play.
Piggott really stood out today on 00:28 - Jun 26 with 1994 viewsStNeotsBlue

Piggott really stood out today on 22:47 - Jun 25 by xrayspecs

A lot of his goals for AFCW were from the penalty spot, I am not sure he was prolific from open play.

That's not true though, in is last season at Wimbledon of his 20 or so goals, only 3 were penalties. That said I'd agree he has had a pretty underwhelming start to his career as a Town player.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2022 0:59]
Piggott really stood out today on 03:33 - Jun 26 with 1863 viewsradiogaga

Agree with this assessment. Worked hard yesterday but Ladapo looked like a considerable upgrade in terms of threat/ strength up top when he came on. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go out on loan, possibly back to AFCW in the League below.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Piggott really stood out today on 07:52 - Jun 26 with 1577 viewsStu_boy

Think he has to work out what is more important playing games or earning the ££££, i dont see him currently playing for us on a regular basis so he might accept a pay cut to get regular game time. Another club may take the punt on a lower wage given his record pre ipswich. There are plenty of examples where it just doesn't work for a player at a certain club so a fresh start could be good for both club and player. Perhaps he can join toto at fleetwood and form a prolific strike partnership with harrison
Piggott really stood out today on 08:38 - Jun 26 with 1423 viewstractorboy1978

Piggott really stood out today on 07:52 - Jun 26 by Stu_boy

Think he has to work out what is more important playing games or earning the ££££, i dont see him currently playing for us on a regular basis so he might accept a pay cut to get regular game time. Another club may take the punt on a lower wage given his record pre ipswich. There are plenty of examples where it just doesn't work for a player at a certain club so a fresh start could be good for both club and player. Perhaps he can join toto at fleetwood and form a prolific strike partnership with harrison

He's flitted around the lower leagues for his whole career. This is the most he will ever have earned and will ever earn by a long shot and he still has two years left. I think moving him on is going to be costly for us whichever way you cut it.
Login to get fewer ads

Piggott really stood out today on 08:39 - Jun 26 with 1411 viewsxrayspecs

Piggott really stood out today on 00:28 - Jun 26 by StNeotsBlue

That's not true though, in is last season at Wimbledon of his 20 or so goals, only 3 were penalties. That said I'd agree he has had a pretty underwhelming start to his career as a Town player.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2022 0:59]

My bad. I just had the impression from his highlights reels, that he scored a lot of penaliies.

47 goals in 137 games for AFCW, of which 5 were penalties. So around 1 in 3 from open play.
Piggott really stood out today on 08:43 - Jun 26 with 1392 viewsIpstone

I think hes heavily affected by a lack of confidence, He doesn't appear to have settled well here either unsurprisingly given his off the field difficulties last year which would make it difficult for anyone.

I hope the club loan him out to see if he can get his mojo back elsewhere with regular football so he can start enjoying playing again, and then see if he can come back from that and do well for us before just off loading the guy so he can do well at a competitors. It also reflects better on the club when they can stand by a player that's gone through a lot.
Piggott really stood out today on 08:54 - Jun 26 with 1352 viewsJ2BLUE

He was great for Wimbledon. If we loan him out it needs to be to a team who do not appear to be any threat at this stage as a change of scene and a new dose of confidence and he could once again be that player.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Piggott really stood out today on 10:23 - Jun 26 with 1078 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Piggott really stood out today on 08:54 - Jun 26 by J2BLUE

He was great for Wimbledon. If we loan him out it needs to be to a team who do not appear to be any threat at this stage as a change of scene and a new dose of confidence and he could once again be that player.

Send him wherever suits, if he does well, bring him back in Jan.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Piggott really stood out today on 11:06 - Jun 26 with 950 viewsItfcforme

Piggott really stood out today on 08:54 - Jun 26 by J2BLUE

Had many chances last season to show his potential and took none of them will be given time in the lower cup games as he is to expensive for another club to take on
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024