Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tickets for Duxford 16:06 - Jun 17 with 1549 viewssuffolkpuncher

Afternoon all, I have 2 adult tickets, 1 child (under 4) and a parking permit available for tomorrow (Saturday).
My son is now unwell so unable to go anymore. Would be happy to take £45 for the lot. The tickets are also digital and easy enough to pass on. PM me if interested 👍🏻
[Post edited 17 Jun 2022 16:14]
Tickets for Duxford on 16:20 - Jun 17 with 1497 viewsElephantintheRoom

Sorry to hear that. As a previous employee of IWM at air shows I should perhaps point out that the T&C you read thoroughly before buying your tickets informed you that once purchased the tickets are non-transferable

Following on from the post about angling not being what it used to be you could say the same about air shows. Bentwaters and Mildenhall used to be fabulous days out. As indeed did Duxford in those far-off days before the IWM got involved and you could see 3 mosquitoes or 3 flying fortresses trundling by - AND get away after the air show

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Tickets for Duxford on 16:29 - Jun 17 with 1469 viewssuffolkpuncher

Tickets for Duxford on 16:20 - Jun 17 by ElephantintheRoom

Sorry to hear that. As a previous employee of IWM at air shows I should perhaps point out that the T&C you read thoroughly before buying your tickets informed you that once purchased the tickets are non-transferable

Following on from the post about angling not being what it used to be you could say the same about air shows. Bentwaters and Mildenhall used to be fabulous days out. As indeed did Duxford in those far-off days before the IWM got involved and you could see 3 mosquitoes or 3 flying fortresses trundling by - AND get away after the air show

What does it matter if I sell them on? Someone else gets to enjoy the day if I can’t. Could I also point out that you are no longer an employee but thanks for the advice all the same.
Tickets for Duxford on 16:32 - Jun 17 with 1457 viewsElephantintheRoom

Tickets for Duxford on 16:29 - Jun 17 by suffolkpuncher

What does it matter if I sell them on? Someone else gets to enjoy the day if I can’t. Could I also point out that you are no longer an employee but thanks for the advice all the same.

Have you considered becoming Prime Minister?

Tickets for Duxford on 16:37 - Jun 17 with 1438 viewssuffolkpuncher

Tickets for Duxford on 16:32 - Jun 17 by ElephantintheRoom

Have you considered becoming Prime Minister?

I’m too foreign looking.
Tickets for Duxford on 16:37 - Jun 17 with 1442 viewsbluelagos

Tickets for Duxford on 16:29 - Jun 17 by suffolkpuncher

It clearly doesn't matter at all. The contract is a civil matter and all you need to do is make sure whoever buys them is aware there's a very small chance of them being tuned away (like 0.00001%)

Said poster thinks he's being clever. Other opinions are available. Good luck shifting them.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Tickets for Duxford on 17:47 - Jun 17 with 1374 viewsElephantintheRoom

Tickets for Duxford on 16:37 - Jun 17 by bluelagos

It clearly doesn't matter at all. The contract is a civil matter and all you need to do is make sure whoever buys them is aware there's a very small chance of them being tuned away (like 0.00001%)

Said poster thinks he's being clever. Other opinions are available. Good luck shifting them.

Perhaps you should consult Special Branch before spouting ignorant nonsense? Duxford is considered one of the highest risk sites of a terrorist attack in the entire country due to the presence of the American Air Museum and security at air shows being outsourced to outside contractors. Having said that you are correct - even the rip-off parking tickets are not tied in to the original purchase of non-transferable tickets. So the original poster can unload his tickets to an air show enthusiast - or a terrorist for £50

Tickets for Duxford on 18:24 - Jun 17 with 1330 viewssuffolkpuncher

Tickets for Duxford on 17:47 - Jun 17 by ElephantintheRoom

Perhaps you should consult Special Branch before spouting ignorant nonsense? Duxford is considered one of the highest risk sites of a terrorist attack in the entire country due to the presence of the American Air Museum and security at air shows being outsourced to outside contractors. Having said that you are correct - even the rip-off parking tickets are not tied in to the original purchase of non-transferable tickets. So the original poster can unload his tickets to an air show enthusiast - or a terrorist for £50

Can’t imagine there are many terrorists trawling TWTD for Duxford tickets
Tickets for Duxford on 18:40 - Jun 17 with 1307 viewsWicklowBlue

I think we can see why you are no longer an employee. Do you get out much and interact with sentient beings at all?
Login to get fewer ads

Tickets for Duxford on 18:45 - Jun 17 with 1298 viewswkj

If you sell them on you will be seen as a terrorist and must be bought to Justice!!!!!!!!!!

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Tickets for Duxford on 19:02 - Jun 17 with 1283 viewsElephantintheRoom

Tickets for Duxford on 18:24 - Jun 17 by suffolkpuncher

It seems infested with deluded nutters so you never know.

Rational thought is probably impossible for you - I was simply trying to point out the reasons why aie show tickets are strictly non-transferable beyond the obvious profit motive

Tickets for Duxford on 19:05 - Jun 17 with 1279 viewsSitfcB

Bet you’re fun at parties.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Tickets for Duxford on 19:24 - Jun 17 with 1263 viewsfactual_blue

I don't think he's a ticket tout, so not really the target for that provision, which means if you're spotted buying a ticket (for anything) from a tout outside the venue, the ticket is null and void.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Tickets for Duxford on 19:26 - Jun 17 with 1260 viewsfactual_blue

Tickets for Duxford on 19:02 - Jun 17 by ElephantintheRoom

Rational thought is probably impossible for you - I was simply trying to point out the reasons why aie show tickets are strictly non-transferable beyond the obvious profit motive

Never has any poster proved their own point so eloquently.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Tickets for Duxford on 20:20 - Jun 17 with 1212 viewssuffolkpuncher

Tickets for Duxford on 19:02 - Jun 17 by ElephantintheRoom

Were you the employee that bored paying customers with pointless knowledge by any chance.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2022 20:21]
Tickets for Duxford on 23:17 - Jun 17 with 1109 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tickets for Duxford on 18:24 - Jun 17 by suffolkpuncher

To be fair, the anti-terror checks you went through in order to get the tickets initially are pretty rigorous. I trust you will point out to the recipient the need for them to be able to borrow your passport and prove themselves to be you. Oh, and if your purchaser does happen to have terror intentions, you might want to point out that they might need an extra jumper to hide their rocket launcher under and that there may well be more witnesses present to their actions than should they chose to launch their terror attack on a different day.

I presume that you have checked and found that you couldn't get an official refund on the tickets (and maybe them be made available to someone on an official reserve list).

I hope you find/have found someone to make use of them.

Oh, and sorry you can't go. I hope your son isn't too disappointed and gets well soon.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2022 23:18]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tickets for Duxford on 23:26 - Jun 17 with 1084 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"one of the highest risk sites of a terrorist attack in the entire country due to the presence of the American Air Museum".

When you say one of, is that like among 10, the top 50, the top 100 or maybe the top 50,000?

At least as high risk as each nuclear power station, than each active US and UK air base, than every Royal residence and the Houses of Parliament, Tower of London, each MP constituency office, Downing Street, all residences associated with current and former Northern Ireland secretaries and current MPs generally, Tory Party conference venues, conventional power stations, etc, etc. I have known of terror incidents and seen heavily armed security at many of those places. Duxford's high security must be very subtle in comparison.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tickets for Duxford on 23:53 - Jun 18 with 869 viewsBrads

Only just seen this but for future reference, I think the non transferable bit refers to them not allowing you to change days after buying them (i.e from the Sat to Sun air show). Both of our tickets had the name of the person who ordered them on them, so they had no way of knowing who the second ticket was originally intended for anyway and no transfer as such. We couldn’t go so sold ours and the people who went instead had no issues. Standard parking isn’t linked to a specific vehicle either. Anyway, hope the OP got something for them as they’re not cheap.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024