Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember when we signed Ivan Campo? 16:51 - Jun 9 with 2572 viewsOriginalMarkyP

That was always a surprising big name buy for me.

I wonder if we've got one in us this summer?

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Remember when we signed Ivan Campo? on 10:48 - Jun 10 with 389 viewsHarlestonblue

I remember parking on the Waterfront one day and Ivan Campo and his wife got out of their flashy car parked in front of me. I couldn't quite believe that this iconic, instantly recognisable ex Real Madrid and Spanish international, who played in the 1998 World Cup was just a few feet away. Presumably he had a swishy penthouse apartment down there on Neptune Quay.
Remember when we signed Ivan Campo? on 10:53 - Jun 10 with 381 viewsTrumptonBlue

A contemporary review.

"It is a great goal [Alan Quinn's equaliser v Norwich in 2009], instigated by Ivan Campo on the halfway line. Allowing Alan Lee to win the ball in the air, he simply waited to poke it away from him when it hit the ground. Campo is unimaginably slow, arriving so late for tackles that he really should bring with him a letter outlining the reason for his tardiness. Never one to break into a run if he can help it, twice he will surprise Richard Wright by opting to let the ball run through to the keeper rather than expending the energy to shepherd it back himself. Yet somehow he gets away with his nonchalance. His football brain is so far ahead of his opponents that it compensates frequently enough for his legs being miles behind, and he consequently exudes an innate superiority that the other players seem to respect."
Remember when we signed Ivan Campo? on 11:08 - Jun 10 with 348 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Remember when we signed Ivan Campo? on 10:48 - Jun 10 by Harlestonblue

I remember parking on the Waterfront one day and Ivan Campo and his wife got out of their flashy car parked in front of me. I couldn't quite believe that this iconic, instantly recognisable ex Real Madrid and Spanish international, who played in the 1998 World Cup was just a few feet away. Presumably he had a swishy penthouse apartment down there on Neptune Quay.

He lived in Neptune Marina I think. As did Pablo, Jon Stead and one or two others.
Remember when we signed Ivan Campo? on 12:32 - Jun 10 with 307 viewsthebooks

Yes, I had the same reaction when I almost literally bumped into him pushing a pram down Carr Street. God knows where he was headed to. Pick up his divvy maybe.
Remember when we signed Ivan Campo? on 13:01 - Jun 10 with 291 viewsmonty_radio

Such close brushes with fame where standard in Sir Bobby's time, though the swish apartment was generally a 4 bed Wimpey in Capel, and the motor a Mark V Cortina.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024