Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again 07:31 - May 20 with 3137 viewsSitfcB

Superb to see

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 10:47 - May 20 with 736 viewsGlasgowBlue

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 10:30 - May 20 by StokieBlue

I know you're not doing this but how long can lockdowns be used as an excuse for bad behaviour?

We haven't had a lockdown in this country for nearly a year and even then it was barely a lockdown. The full lockdown was nearly 2 years ago now.

Sooner or later people are going to have to stop using lockdowns as a contributing cause for bad behaviour.

SB

We have had a lot of frustrated people spend their late teenage years unable to live them as previous teenagrs have done so.

I don't think we can underestimate how badly lockdown affected young people and we will live with those effects for years to come.

I've spoken to quite a few people in the education sector who believe there is a mental health ticking time bomb amongst current young people.

That's not to say that lockdown should be used to excuse bad behavior. But it should be used to understand it.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 10:50 - May 20 with 742 viewsBlueBadger

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 10:47 - May 20 by GlasgowBlue

We have had a lot of frustrated people spend their late teenage years unable to live them as previous teenagrs have done so.

I don't think we can underestimate how badly lockdown affected young people and we will live with those effects for years to come.

I've spoken to quite a few people in the education sector who believe there is a mental health ticking time bomb amongst current young people.

That's not to say that lockdown should be used to excuse bad behavior. But it should be used to understand it.

The bloke who assaulted Billy Sharp is 30.

An awful(if not the majority of it) is from people who are old enough to know better, rather than stupid kids.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 10:56 - May 20 with 708 viewsGlasgowBlue

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 10:50 - May 20 by BlueBadger

The bloke who assaulted Billy Sharp is 30.

An awful(if not the majority of it) is from people who are old enough to know better, rather than stupid kids.

Yeah I appreciate that. My reply was more to the general point that Stokie was making that we shouldn't be using lockdown as an excuse for bad behaviour.

I agree with that but we shouldn't dismiss it's impact either.

Iron Lion Zion

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 10:58 - May 20 with 712 viewsjaykay

i love the way the little scrotes put their fists up , bounce up and down but keeping well away from him. like most who hunt in packs have no bottle .

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 11:04 - May 20 with 699 viewsMattinLondon

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 10:56 - May 20 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah I appreciate that. My reply was more to the general point that Stokie was making that we shouldn't be using lockdown as an excuse for bad behaviour.

In what way should we consider lockdown to be a factor (small or big) in the recent violent pitch invasions?
Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 11:10 - May 20 with 693 viewsStokieBlue

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 10:56 - May 20 by GlasgowBlue

I fully understand your point on the impact of lockdowns on certain demographics but I don't think that can be expanded to all demographics to counter the things we are discussing here.

I'm not really sure what this means though:

"I agree with that but we shouldn't dismiss it's impact either."

If one doesn't dismiss it's impact on behaviour then surely it's being used to partly excuse the behaviour?

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 11:16 - May 20 with 676 viewsGlasgowBlue

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 11:04 - May 20 by MattinLondon

In what way should we consider lockdown to be a factor (small or big) in the recent violent pitch invasions?

Pitch invasions in celebration of getting to the playoffs or surviving relegation. That has never been an issue.

The violence is a more recent occurrence.

Football violence has always been a reflection of society as a whole. And society was asked to stop functioning socially, on and off, for two years.

But it's not just football where people have forgotten to behave socially. It's even been reported at stand up events

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/apr/21/its-no-joke-since-lockdown

Iron Lion Zion

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 11:19 - May 20 with 667 viewsGlasgowBlue

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 11:10 - May 20 by StokieBlue

I fully understand your point on the impact of lockdowns on certain demographics but I don't think that can be expanded to all demographics to counter the things we are discussing here.

I'm not really sure what this means though:

"I agree with that but we shouldn't dismiss it's impact either."

If one doesn't dismiss it's impact on behaviour then surely it's being used to partly excuse the behaviour?

SB

Surely one can understand what leads people to perform certain acts without excusing those acts?

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 11:35 - May 20 with 649 viewsmutters

What's superb here? What am I missing?

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 11:38 - May 20 with 646 viewsMattinLondon

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 11:16 - May 20 by GlasgowBlue

Pitch invasions in celebration of getting to the playoffs or surviving relegation. That has never been an issue.

The violence is a more recent occurrence.

Football violence has always been a reflection of society as a whole. And society was asked to stop functioning socially, on and off, for two years.

But it's not just football where people have forgotten to behave socially. It's even been reported at stand up events

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/apr/21/its-no-joke-since-lockdown

I fully accept that lockdown has had a negative impact on peoples mental health. And also, that for the first couple of live events people might well have needed time to adjust again or given some leeway.

But lockdown does not excuse what we’ve seen at these invasions and it shouldn’t be used as an excuse.
Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 11:44 - May 20 with 618 viewsGlasgowBlue

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 11:38 - May 20 by MattinLondon

I fully accept that lockdown has had a negative impact on peoples mental health. And also, that for the first couple of live events people might well have needed time to adjust again or given some leeway.

But lockdown does not excuse what we’ve seen at these invasions and it shouldn’t be used as an excuse.

Yes. I've said twice now that it is no excuse but we should look to understand it's impact on antisocial behaviour.

If my home is burgled by a drug addict I will not excuse their behavior. But I will understand that addiction is an illness that drive people to do desperate things to get a fix and that there is not enough support for addicts.

Trying to understand why something is happening is not the same as excusing why something is happening.

Iron Lion Zion

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 11:51 - May 20 with 611 viewsBarcaBlue

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 11:38 - May 20 by MattinLondon

I believe we had longer and stricter lockdowns here and I've seen no upturn in anti-social behaviour at football or public events in Catalunya.

Maybe it has more to do with other factors like increased drug use at matches, a morally corrupt political environment, social media grandstanding, more knobs per capita....
Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 12:01 - May 20 with 600 viewsitfcjoe

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 09:46 - May 20 by clive_baker

Have people forgotten how to behave in lockdowns? Or is it a load of pent up frustration that overspills after a few beers?

It's pretty embarassing all round.

Definitely an element of people that have had to waste a couple of years of their youth when they weren't really at any risk, that have seemingly lost the ability to behave.

It's very worrying, football heading back to the dark old days

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 12:11 - May 20 with 561 viewsGlasgowBlue

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 11:51 - May 20 by BarcaBlue

I believe we had longer and stricter lockdowns here and I've seen no upturn in anti-social behaviour at football or public events in Catalunya.

Maybe it has more to do with other factors like increased drug use at matches, a morally corrupt political environment, social media grandstanding, more knobs per capita....

Drug and alcohol use also increased heavily as a result of lockdown.

https://lextox.co.uk/blog-posts/impact-of-lockdown-on-drug-and-alcohol-addiction

Iron Lion Zion

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 12:41 - May 20 with 503 viewsBarcaBlue

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 12:11 - May 20 by GlasgowBlue

Drug and alcohol use also increased heavily as a result of lockdown.

https://lextox.co.uk/blog-posts/impact-of-lockdown-on-drug-and-alcohol-addiction

You post as if lockdown was unique to the UK and lockdown only had a negative effect on its residents. I'm pretty sure the reasons for an increase in anti-social behaviour in the UK runs a lot deeper, lockdown being only a minor ingredient.
Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 21:16 - May 20 with 356 viewsSeablu

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 11:51 - May 20 by BarcaBlue

Spot on.
We have our usual beer-soaked knob on here calling it ‘superb’ along with the resident show pony trying to justify it in his usual ham-fisted style.
Our country’s knob-per-capita quota is depressingly apparent, even within that small sample.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024