Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it time for people 16:54 - Apr 23 with 4058 viewsTresBonne

To take off their blue tinted glasses and realise that, actually, we’re not that good for this division right now?

And maybe we’re not the ‘best team in the league’ after all?
Is it time for people on 16:58 - Apr 23 with 2647 viewsjayessess

We genuinely were around Feb-March time. April we've been rubbish for the most part.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Is it time for people on 16:58 - Apr 23 with 2636 viewsbrazil1981

1 win in 8!
Is it time for people on 16:59 - Apr 23 with 2600 viewsArnieM

Is it time for people on 16:58 - Apr 23 by brazil1981

1 win in 8!

Schhhhhhhhh mustn’t question things !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Is it time for people on 16:59 - Apr 23 with 2619 viewsTerra_Farma

Clearly we are not 'the best team in the league'.

There are things that need some tweaking for sure.

KM needs the summer to build on what we have. The beauty is, we are financially strong.

KMc is definitely the right man for the job and we will come good.

What would you suggest Kmc does differently with the team he inherited?
Is it time for people on 17:02 - Apr 23 with 2548 viewsRyorry

I'd have thought the fact of us being 11th in the table was sufficient to highlight that we're not "the best team in the league"...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Is it time for people on 17:02 - Apr 23 with 2545 viewsStrimmer

Personally don’t think it’s that helpful or necessarily relevant to talk in binary terms. We know we’ve got the ability to be as good as anybody in the league, seen it with our eyes. We know we’ve got serious deficiencies too as the results demonstrate. Lots of work to do, but we’ve not suddenly learned that today

Poll: Was it a punch?

Is it time for people on 17:06 - Apr 23 with 2483 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is it time for people on 16:58 - Apr 23 by jayessess

We genuinely were around Feb-March time. April we've been rubbish for the most part.

To be fair, even then, we were only among the top 6. There has been no sustained period this season where we have been the best side. The only time we have been was early on under Lambert.

That said, McKenna has clearly got us moving in the right direction. He needs to be given time.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Is it time for people on 17:07 - Apr 23 with 2452 viewsJDB23

Is it time for people on 16:58 - Apr 23 by jayessess

Only on a ppg basis, which there were still teams in this division who were above us on that. It was obvious that wasn’t sustainable with the way we were playing and I said as much after Plymouth, got pelters for it, and yet here we are.
Login to get fewer ads

Is it time for people on 17:09 - Apr 23 with 2420 viewspointofblue

Is it time for people on 17:06 - Apr 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

To be fair, even then, we were only among the top 6. There has been no sustained period this season where we have been the best side. The only time we have been was early on under Lambert.

That said, McKenna has clearly got us moving in the right direction. He needs to be given time.

Again, I’ll raise a concern that three of our worst performances under McKenna have come in the last four - Cambridge, second half at Rotherham and second half (in particular) today. Instead of laying down a marker for next near we’re limping through to the end of the season mean all hope for the summer comes from the work off the pitch than on it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Is it time for people on 17:11 - Apr 23 with 2394 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is it time for people on 17:09 - Apr 23 by pointofblue

Again, I’ll raise a concern that three of our worst performances under McKenna have come in the last four - Cambridge, second half at Rotherham and second half (in particular) today. Instead of laying down a marker for next near we’re limping through to the end of the season mean all hope for the summer comes from the work off the pitch than on it.

You make a valid point. It is an issue that is obvious and I am confident that McKenna will look to address it.

I am sure we both hope he is successful.

Is it time for people on 17:12 - Apr 23 with 2374 viewschicoazul

Is it time for people on 17:06 - Apr 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Has he though?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is it time for people on 17:13 - Apr 23 with 2354 viewspointofblue

Is it time for people on 17:12 - Apr 23 by chicoazul

Has he though?

Plymouth and before then I would say that. We’ve looked poor more often that not since then, though.

Is it time for people on 17:13 - Apr 23 with 2353 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is it time for people on 17:12 - Apr 23 by chicoazul

Has he though?

No, our ppg is worse, we ship goals every match and we play hoof ball. Clearly we are going backwards and will be relegated even faster than Cook would have got us there.

Is it time for people on 17:15 - Apr 23 with 2331 viewsRyorry

Is it time for people on 17:09 - Apr 23 by pointofblue

We've been missing Evans & Edmundsen; plus Jackson & today Burns too. All key players.

Is it time for people on 17:15 - Apr 23 with 2302 viewsElephantintheRoom

I’d say we’re the 11th best team in the league - and regressed since last season.

Mind you McKenna can kid himself it’s not something he can do much about - seeing as he inherited a mishmash of a team and a cabal of demoralised players in exile. The trick is can he improve the team - a task beyond Lambo and Cookie

It’s also interesting just how many injuries there have been - despite the influx of performance gurus and fitness experts

I’m not holding my breath for a Phoenix like improvement- but you never know. 3rd time lucky

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Is it time for people on 17:17 - Apr 23 with 2287 viewsjeera

Is it time for people on 16:59 - Apr 23 by ArnieM

Schhhhhhhhh mustn’t question things !

Said no one ever.

It's fine to ask questions, but some perspective is useful.

This is someone new to management and as we have tried damn well everything else and can at least what this guy has tried to do, we can only assume at this point he will have more in the bank.

And a Summer transfer window ahead with which to play with.

We could easily otherwise panic, go out and grab another older, past-it manager who again fails miserably and we've gained nothing.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is it time for people on 17:17 - Apr 23 with 2278 viewsRyorry

Is it time for people on 17:13 - Apr 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

No, our ppg is worse, we ship goals every match and we play hoof ball. Clearly we are going backwards and will be relegated even faster than Cook would have got us there.

Nearly downed that, but luckily realised just in the nic of time that you had your irony mode on!

Is it time for people on 17:17 - Apr 23 with 2272 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is it time for people on 17:15 - Apr 23 by ElephantintheRoom

I’d say we’re the 11th best team in the league - and regressed since last season.

Mind you McKenna can kid himself it’s not something he can do much about - seeing as he inherited a mishmash of a team and a cabal of demoralised players in exile. The trick is can he improve the team - a task beyond Lambo and Cookie

It’s also interesting just how many injuries there have been - despite the influx of performance gurus and fitness experts

I’m not holding my breath for a Phoenix like improvement- but you never know. 3rd time lucky

What's your prediction for next season? 14th? A relegation battle? Do you think we will be relegated next season?

Is it time for people on 17:17 - Apr 23 with 2262 viewschicoazul

Is it time for people on 17:13 - Apr 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

1 win in 8 no win in 5 only scored more than 1 once in the last 8. We are carrying poor form into next season. It may not matter and I hope it doesn’t.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is it time for people on 17:19 - Apr 23 with 2232 viewsjayessess

Is it time for people on 17:07 - Apr 23 by JDB23

Only on a ppg basis, which there were still teams in this division who were above us on that. It was obvious that wasn’t sustainable with the way we were playing and I said as much after Plymouth, got pelters for it, and yet here we are.

Our points haul for the Feb-March games if anything short changed our actual performances. After the Sheffield Wednesday there wasn't a single game where we didn't create more than the opposition.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Is it time for people on 17:20 - Apr 23 with 2227 viewspointofblue

Is it time for people on 17:15 - Apr 23 by Ryorry

We've been missing Evans & Edmundsen; plus Jackson & today Burns too. All key players.

And we’ve been completely unable to adapt to Jackson (and Burns) being missing. We have two attacking midfielders proven at a higher level, a striker who banged them in for fun for the first half of the season and another who was a top scorer for a weaker side but we seem to have one way of playing that doesn’t fully work with any of them, yet are unwilling to change anything.

A key for next season will to have alternative plans rather than plan B being do plan A better (which I seem to recall Wigan fans said was a weakness of Cook’s).

Is it time for people on 17:20 - Apr 23 with 2231 viewshappybeingblue

well you cannot blame cook any more hes been gone since january :)
Is it time for people on 17:25 - Apr 23 with 2179 viewsBloomBlue

Rubbish, we're Prem league we have a CEO, we have a recruiting team, we have marketing team, we have permanent expensive signings out on loan rather than use our own youngsters, we have Ashton and loads of spreadsheets that guarantees promotion not the goals scored versus the goals conceded column.
Is it time for people on 17:25 - Apr 23 with 2181 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is it time for people on 17:17 - Apr 23 by chicoazul

1 win in 8 no win in 5 only scored more than 1 once in the last 8. We are carrying poor form into next season. It may not matter and I hope it doesn’t.

Fair enough but ...

2 defeats in our last 16, only conceded 2 goals once in the last 19, 9 clean sheets in the last 16. Last 16 matches: 16 goals for and 8 goals against, 26 points.

There is no arguing that the last month has been disappointing. Overall there is much that McKenna has got right.

Is it time for people on 17:26 - Apr 23 with 2167 viewssoclopath

We need players experienced in Div 1. Should we replace those the manager shows the door to with more championship players I feel we will do no better next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024