Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When you go to work the day before you go on holiday 18:48 - Apr 23 with 1669 viewsgtsb1966

You don't really give a f*** do you. I don't. The bags are packed and all I care about is going home. It's human nature. I can't imagine footballers are any different. They're mentally on the beach. I'm glad KM didn't spend in January. He has been calm, not thrown anyone under the bus and has had a good look at the squad. He knows what he needs and knows he'll be backed. Cook messed up but KM gave them a chance. One more week and we'll start to see the real KM era.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2022 18:50]
When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:05 - Apr 23 with 1600 viewsBobsthename

We’ll see but mistakes have been made with hindsight should of got a striker in on loan in January and Bakinson i heard was signed by Ashton hopefully he’ll be gone along with all our strikers,He has said he rates Jackson but i can’t see him scoring anything like what we need he has been absent for the last 2 years.
We’ll see as i said.
When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:14 - Apr 23 with 1569 viewsHARRY10

eh ?

There is something inherent in human behaviour that caused todays result ?

We played the top and bottom in succession - both draws. The latter, Crewe, have long since been relegated, so why were they not 'on the beach'.

In reality it is one of these witless clichés they gets dragged out when ever a team loses.

Of course, they are games where one side doesn't perform etc. When it has been the pattern for a number of games (us in April), then perhaps there is a cause. Perhaps, not one cause - but to dismiss it with idiotic clichés does not add to the debate
When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:20 - Apr 23 with 1546 viewsgtsb1966

When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:14 - Apr 23 by HARRY10

eh ?

There is something inherent in human behaviour that caused todays result ?

We played the top and bottom in succession - both draws. The latter, Crewe, have long since been relegated, so why were they not 'on the beach'.

In reality it is one of these witless clichés they gets dragged out when ever a team loses.

Of course, they are games where one side doesn't perform etc. When it has been the pattern for a number of games (us in April), then perhaps there is a cause. Perhaps, not one cause - but to dismiss it with idiotic clichés does not add to the debate

HARRY10...Idiotic clichés....oh the irony
When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:23 - Apr 23 with 1536 viewsgtsb1966

When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:05 - Apr 23 by Bobsthename

We’ll see but mistakes have been made with hindsight should of got a striker in on loan in January and Bakinson i heard was signed by Ashton hopefully he’ll be gone along with all our strikers,He has said he rates Jackson but i can’t see him scoring anything like what we need he has been absent for the last 2 years.
We’ll see as i said.

You heard...and you was told by ?
When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:25 - Apr 23 with 1522 viewsSwansea_Blue

When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:20 - Apr 23 by gtsb1966

Harry’s hilarious. His political ramblings are akin to Mullet’s match reports but on speed.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:25 - Apr 23 with 1519 viewsHARRY10

When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:20 - Apr 23 by gtsb1966

Not very bright are you

By all means criticise my posts, refute my argument, dispute my political stance..... this is a forum

But at least try to be accurate, innit

perhaps you can point to my using a cliche, nevermind a vacuous one
When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:27 - Apr 23 with 1516 viewsHARRY10

When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:25 - Apr 23 by Swansea_Blue

Harry’s hilarious. His political ramblings are akin to Mullet’s match reports but on speed.

But never a cliche

(do try to help the poor fellow)
When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:29 - Apr 23 with 1510 viewsChurchman

When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:05 - Apr 23 by Bobsthename

We’ll see as i said.

That contradicts MAs description of the recruitment process and KMs lack of challenging it.

So he’s lied and KM is an accomplice. Who told you, what is your evidence? Have you challenged Ashton on this? If not I think you should and let us know how you get on. It’s important.
Login to get fewer ads

When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:31 - Apr 23 with 1503 viewsgtsb1966

When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:25 - Apr 23 by HARRY10

Not very bright are you

By all means criticise my posts, refute my argument, dispute my political stance..... this is a forum

But at least try to be accurate, innit

perhaps you can point to my using a cliche, nevermind a vacuous one

If you've got a few hours have a look at your political ramblings.
When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:31 - Apr 23 with 1495 viewsLord_Lucan

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:35 - Apr 23 with 1480 viewsBobsthename

When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:23 - Apr 23 by gtsb1966

You heard...and you was told by ?

He was signed by Ashton on loan from Bristol City after he was told he had no future there,the next week he was here i’m pretty damn sure that Mckenna wouldn’t of seen him play and his words were let’s see what shape he is in during training but he was called upon the next game i’d bet good money it was Ashton.
Mckenna didn’t even know Bakinson fitness condition.
When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:37 - Apr 23 with 1470 viewsgtsb1966

When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:35 - Apr 23 by Bobsthename

He was signed by Ashton on loan from Bristol City after he was told he had no future there,the next week he was here i’m pretty damn sure that Mckenna wouldn’t of seen him play and his words were let’s see what shape he is in during training but he was called upon the next game i’d bet good money it was Ashton.
Mckenna didn’t even know Bakinson fitness condition.

You would bet good money....so you're guessing.
When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:39 - Apr 23 with 1459 viewsSwansea_Blue

When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:27 - Apr 23 by HARRY10

But never a cliche

(do try to help the poor fellow)

Nope, never a cliche.

Today was a cliche in a way. How many times have we seen teams who’ve already been relegated suddenly start to pick up points once the pressure’s off and they’ve been confirmed relegated? Seems to happen quite often.

When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:41 - Apr 23 with 1452 viewsBobsthename

When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:37 - Apr 23 by gtsb1966

You would bet good money....so you're guessing.

In all seriousness i’m sure Mckenna said he had no clue ,if he did sign him he would of known his fitness you don’t sign players not knowing their fitness now would you?
Do you go to games at all can you not see things ain’t all rosie?
When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:45 - Apr 23 with 1435 viewsSwansea_Blue

And also, I must admit I don’t give a crap after a holiday either. Holidays reset something mentally and make you realise things have carried on fine without you for a couple of weeks, so why bother going back to stressing over stuff. That lasts about a week. That’s probably not a metaphor we want to take into a new season though.

When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:47 - Apr 23 with 1431 viewsgtsb1966

When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:41 - Apr 23 by Bobsthename

In all seriousness i’m sure Mckenna said he had no clue ,if he did sign him he would of known his fitness you don’t sign players not knowing their fitness now would you?
Do you go to games at all can you not see things ain’t all rosie?

Now I'm guessing but I would be amazed if KM came here without having the final say on recruitment. He wouldn't be here.
When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:56 - Apr 23 with 1406 viewsBobsthename

When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:47 - Apr 23 by gtsb1966

Now I'm guessing but I would be amazed if KM came here without having the final say on recruitment. He wouldn't be here.

And so would i said about Bakinson which was shortly after he arrived going forward i would say mckenna will be judge and by October,November if we’re not in the top six he’ll be gone.
[Redacted] on 20:17 - Apr 23 with 1359 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 20:23 - Apr 23 with 1340 viewsibbleobble

So are you saying KM has had a 23 game free pass? And no, footballers want to win every game irrelevant of when in the season it is, it’s what being a professional sportsperson is all about especially as there’s contracts and livelihoods on the line too.

There’s a lot of hypocrisy surfacing from what I’ve been reading on here for a while. If Cook’s games and failure to challenge for the play-offs last season count against him then so should KMs this season. Despite the good form of those above us, we have spurned countless chances to keep pace and been in poor form when it mattered most.
When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 20:24 - Apr 23 with 1335 viewsgtsb1966

When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 20:23 - Apr 23 by ibbleobble

So are you saying KM has had a 23 game free pass? And no, footballers want to win every game irrelevant of when in the season it is, it’s what being a professional sportsperson is all about especially as there’s contracts and livelihoods on the line too.

There’s a lot of hypocrisy surfacing from what I’ve been reading on here for a while. If Cook’s games and failure to challenge for the play-offs last season count against him then so should KMs this season. Despite the good form of those above us, we have spurned countless chances to keep pace and been in poor form when it mattered most.

And you would do what?
When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 20:54 - Apr 23 with 1274 viewsStewart27

Absolutely agree.

But please, please, please, please, please let’s not be saying this in April 2023. No more free hits, no more mediocre passes. If we are saying roll on the summer next year we have dramatically failed.
When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 02:05 - Apr 24 with 1098 viewspointofblue

When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 20:24 - Apr 23 by gtsb1966

And you would do what?

No more free passes. If it’s another case of three points out of 18 at the start of next season we shouldn’t hang around expecting it to click. We have limped to the end of this season - as a fanbase we’ve got stuck with the mantra that “the football is better” when the results are clearly not.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 08:26 - Apr 24 with 971 viewsIwasthere

When you go to work the day before you go on holiday on 19:45 - Apr 23 by Swansea_Blue

And also, I must admit I don’t give a crap after a holiday either. Holidays reset something mentally and make you realise things have carried on fine without you for a couple of weeks, so why bother going back to stressing over stuff. That lasts about a week. That’s probably not a metaphor we want to take into a new season though.

How do you perform when you are serving notice? There are two sets of players at the Club, 1) guaranteed to be at the club next season, 2) those whos loans and contracts are due to expire. At present KM has to pick a team combining the two.
A number of players must feel that they will not be here next season, and, I suspect, feel disallusioned and therefore less motivated.
With a manager here for a full season with his own players, only then, IMO, can we make reasoned judgement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024