Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it time for people 16:54 - Apr 23 with 4074 viewsTresBonne

To take off their blue tinted glasses and realise that, actually, we’re not that good for this division right now?

And maybe we’re not the ‘best team in the league’ after all?
Is it time for people on 23:10 - Apr 23 with 384 viewsTerra_Farma

Is it time for people on 17:17 - Apr 23 by jeera

Said no one ever.

It's fine to ask questions, but some perspective is useful.

This is someone new to management and as we have tried damn well everything else and can at least what this guy has tried to do, we can only assume at this point he will have more in the bank.

And a Summer transfer window ahead with which to play with.

We could easily otherwise panic, go out and grab another older, past-it manager who again fails miserably and we've gained nothing.

jeera - this is pretty much what I was trying to say.

You are spot on.

I think if anyone is getting itchy feet at this point in time with KM they are deluded
Is it time for people on 23:15 - Apr 23 with 375 viewsjayessess

Is it time for people on 23:06 - Apr 23 by ibbleobble

Are we giving McKenna a free pass and the benefit of the doubt for our blunt attacks because he’s a rookie manager? There’s no free passes at this level surely? It’s a strange logic to me to create one rule for one and another rule for another.

Our season has been book ended by the exact same form from two very different managers. 8 pts in 8 at the start of the season due to defensive frailties and 8 pts in 8 due to offensive limitations. Neither are good enough which is why we’re languishing where we are. Seems a bit unfair to give McKenna the benefit of the doubt, McGreal a pass and lay the blame entirely with Cook. Everyone has failed this season, including Ashton.

My main concern is that with the wealth of attacking talent in that squad, there are serious flaws that need addressing before August and just bringing in strikers isn’t going to cut it given how limited the service is at times.

I'd say unlike Cook at the tail end of last season, McKenna's got better performances out of players individually and collectively. We're not perfect and it's a shame to finish with a bad run but we're better than we were at the beginning of December.

That he's the first manager to do that since McCarthy is cause for cautious optimism, I would say.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Is it time for people on 23:23 - Apr 23 with 368 viewsTerra_Farma

Is it time for people on 18:28 - Apr 23 by ibbleobble

He’s picked up 8 pts in 8 games - that’s regressive not progressive given it equals our worst form of the season along with Cook’s terrible start.

ibbleobble - wow

Have you seen any of football under KM? How many games you been too? If you have been to see Town recently and think we are regressing you have either:

1. Learnt a new word called regression and wanted to use it on a forum
2. Taken a c'unit pill

Agreed - it's an ugly league with ugly football, however - we have been playing some lovely stuff.

We need to sort out our attack and when that's done, we will come good.
Is it time for people on 01:37 - Apr 24 with 305 viewsBiGDonnie

Is it time for people on 17:12 - Apr 23 by chicoazul

Has he though?

Yes, he has.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Is it time for people on 01:53 - Apr 24 with 296 viewsBiGDonnie

Is it time for people on 16:59 - Apr 23 by Terra_Farma

Clearly we are not 'the best team in the league'.

There are things that need some tweaking for sure.

KM needs the summer to build on what we have. The beauty is, we are financially strong.

KMc is definitely the right man for the job and we will come good.

What would you suggest Kmc does differently with the team he inherited?

Your last line is perfect.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Is it time for people on 02:02 - Apr 24 with 293 viewspointofblue

Is it time for people on 17:25 - Apr 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Fair enough but ...

2 defeats in our last 16, only conceded 2 goals once in the last 19, 9 clean sheets in the last 16. Last 16 matches: 16 goals for and 8 goals against, 26 points.

There is no arguing that the last month has been disappointing. Overall there is much that McKenna has got right.

16 goals scored in 16 matches in a very poor return, no matter how we try to dress it up. And now, our one strength under McKenna is looking shaky too. We presented chance after chance to a team that had lost 18 of their last 20.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024