Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood - contract 18:05 - Apr 9 with 5726 viewsStu_boy

With his contract up in the summer what is the consensus on him? Consistently our top scorer for all his limitations. However, with bonne going back to qpr, id also let piggott go if we can get interest, he's not getting any game time which indicates mckenna may not trust him (piggott). Would you give norwood another year? Without doubt we need 2 maybe 3 new strikers and will norwood accept not necessarily being top man next season?
Norwood - contract on 18:11 - Apr 9 with 3403 viewsMookamoo

Let him move on. There are plenty of Norwood type players out there without the baggage of being James Norwood.
Norwood - contract on 18:14 - Apr 9 with 3380 viewsjayessess

I wouldn't. Not good enough at linking play or holding the ball up.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Norwood - contract on 18:16 - Apr 9 with 3368 viewsDJR

I think his age is against him.
Norwood - contract on 18:16 - Apr 9 with 3363 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I've defended him in the past but in all honesty I think we can do better now.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Norwood - contract on 18:18 - Apr 9 with 3349 viewsfooters

Pony. All he does is try to start fights on the pitch. If he wants to be a wrestler he can do it away from PR.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Norwood - contract on 18:22 - Apr 9 with 3315 viewsbobbyramsey

Didn't KM say he wanted "young and athletic?"

I wouldn't level either of these adjectives at Norwood.

So I would say "no."
Norwood - contract on 18:25 - Apr 9 with 3294 viewsDubtractor

You can't knock his effort and application, and he will always get a few goals if he plays, but he's a bit too untidy for me, given how we are looking to play, and also how teams set up against us.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Norwood - contract on 18:28 - Apr 9 with 3270 viewsTerra_Farma

Get rid
Login to get fewer ads

Norwood - contract on 18:33 - Apr 9 with 3241 viewsRyorry

Norwood - contract on 18:16 - Apr 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

I've defended him in the past but in all honesty I think we can do better now.

This for sure. *Much* better.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Norwood - contract on 18:37 - Apr 9 with 3223 viewsBlueAllOver

Its a NO from me, we can find better and probably cheaper options
Norwood - contract on 18:37 - Apr 9 with 3220 viewsParisBlue

Norwood - contract on 18:16 - Apr 9 by DJR

I think his age is against him.

And he's on good money.

Time to move on.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Norwood - contract on 18:40 - Apr 9 with 3200 viewsChurchman

Three seasons, 24 goals = 8 per season. 74 appearances = 24 per season in a 46 game season. Age 32, baggage. Ok, I get that some see ‘Nors’ as somebody in a better light than I do. Cult hero etc. But sorry, we can do better.
Norwood - contract on 18:43 - Apr 9 with 3194 viewsDyland

I like him in the squad from a footballing perspective, we need his hustle and bustle, but he's always busting for a fight and is a bit of a liability in that regard. Winds himself up more than the oppo? Both parties should possibly move on.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Norwood - contract on 18:44 - Apr 9 with 3186 viewsVeggie

No thanks.
Norwood - contract on 18:57 - Apr 9 with 3154 viewstractorboy1978

He’s garbage in the context of where we want and need to be next season.
Norwood - contract on 19:21 - Apr 9 with 3093 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Not for me.

Others have already mentioned the 'baggage'. His play is so-so. And He's already 31 so likely to decline further as time goes on.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Norwood - contract on 19:38 - Apr 9 with 3044 viewsRyorry

Norwood - contract on 19:21 - Apr 9 by Tangledupin_Blue

Not for me.

Others have already mentioned the 'baggage'. His play is so-so. And He's already 31 so likely to decline further as time goes on.

And I'm afraid I doubt he has the self-discipline to look after himself diet & fitness-wise over the summer too.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Norwood - contract on 19:42 - Apr 9 with 3033 viewsjas0999

Time for him to go. We can, I’m sure, do better with investment. Norwood has baggage and too much of it.

I wouldn’t keep Bonne either. Too expensive for one goal in twenty-five plus games.
Norwood - contract on 19:48 - Apr 9 with 3015 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I wouldn’t take up his option because of the money that he’s allegedly on. Different matter if he was prepared to sign a new contract on lower wages (isn’t going to happen I know) because he will get goals during the season. Unless we find someone on a free, he won’t be as cheap to replace as some people think.

Poll: Our final position

Norwood - contract on 22:07 - Apr 9 with 2840 viewsGarv

Norwood - contract on 19:38 - Apr 9 by Ryorry

And I'm afraid I doubt he has the self-discipline to look after himself diet & fitness-wise over the summer too.

Basis for this?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Norwood - contract on 22:11 - Apr 9 with 2813 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I suspect that Norwood will not be here next season. Much will depend on whether we can get in better but he doesn't seem to be working in McKenna's system. He will end up playing regularly and scoring a lot of goals wherever he goes if he is not here. It still would not surprise me to see him and Jackson playing together successfully for us, though. Time will tell. I trust McKenna to get it right either way.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Norwood - contract on 22:19 - Apr 9 with 2781 viewsjeera

Decent goal today I thought, well composed flick on with the head and all that.

But at 32 and the highish wages, nope.

We need to be building for future campaigns.

He'll tick along for a while making a decent living elsewhere for a while.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Norwood - contract on 22:36 - Apr 9 with 2748 viewsSimonds92

Pretty much the only threat we have at the minute. I'd love to know who people think we could sign who is a significant improvement on him. We need a reality check here. We're a mid table league 1 team, we dominate the ball but create very little and we've got people already deciding we're going to pìss the league next season. For me we definitely need Norwood as part of the squad, he creates chances for others and himself through his workrate and the type of runs he makes.
Norwood - contract on 22:41 - Apr 9 with 2722 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It's a no from me.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Norwood - contract on 00:36 - Apr 10 with 2650 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Will probably go, but I'd absolutely keep him for the squad as we'll struggle to get much better without spending and the money can be used elsewhere. All this talk of "baggage" is typical jump on the band wagon stuff. Yes, the drink drive offence is poor, but that's pretty much it isn't it and he's hardly the first footballer/person to do it and won't be the last unfortunately. As for the twitter stuff, if you don't like his views, don't follow him. His attitude on the pitch is what we often moan about not having, I.e a bit of fight which is exactly what you need in this league. It's not a pretty league but if he stays fit, then he scores goals. Not sure he's ever been sent off for us or had many suspensions, so discipline clearly isn't a big issue.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024