Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Golf 00:11 - Mar 31 with 2445 viewsmo_itfc

Not long ago I started played golf.

I'm wondering, do many people on this board play?

If theres a few, would anyone be up for a TWTD friendly golf tournament?

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Golf on 00:21 - Mar 31 with 1975 viewsfactual_blue

Here's the svelte Mr Ham standing around aimlessly on a golf course

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Golf on 08:50 - Mar 31 with 1775 viewshomer_123

I often ruin a good walk with golf, yes.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Golf on 09:12 - Mar 31 with 1733 viewsSparky85

Golf on 08:50 - Mar 31 by homer_123

I often ruin a good walk with golf, yes.

Brilliant! Same here

I've not played as often as I used to since Covid, but keen to get back into it this year
Golf on 09:22 - Mar 31 with 1707 viewsRozz

I started playing last summer to get involved with the annual golf weekend between some uni mates I wouldn't otherwise see for years.

I'm shockingly bad, but between the fits of rage I do enjoy it.

Would like to play with mates more, as I do find it gets in your head as a single. I'd be up for it!
Golf on 09:58 - Mar 31 with 1646 viewsLord_Lucan

I've played on and off for 30 odd years and I am bloody useless. Annoyingly the more I play the worse I get.

I haven't played for about 5 years and I doubt I will again.

Brilliant game though.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Golf on 10:05 - Mar 31 with 1627 viewslazyblue

Play at once a week at ufford, been playing on and off for 30years and kind of addicted to it these days . Now have handicap index of 13.8 which unfortunately only going in wrong direction since I joined ufford 2 years ago after being member at Fynn.

We always used to put a team in the ipswich golf days which were always good fun.
Golf on 10:16 - Mar 31 with 1601 viewsbluestandard

Yep I’m a keen golfer, and i think there might be a few on the forum given the long Ryder cup thread from a while back…..
Golf on 10:20 - Mar 31 with 1597 viewsJakeITFC

Yes, I love it - look at me post here, but I played Royal Birkdale last week (got a lot luckier with the weather than this week!).
Login to get fewer ads

Golf on 10:21 - Mar 31 with 1591 viewsLord_Lucan

Golf on 10:20 - Mar 31 by JakeITFC

Yes, I love it - look at me post here, but I played Royal Birkdale last week (got a lot luckier with the weather than this week!).

Where do you play locally Jake?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Golf on 10:24 - Mar 31 with 1580 viewsJakeITFC

Golf on 10:21 - Mar 31 by Lord_Lucan

Where do you play locally Jake?

I'm a member at Woodbridge.
Golf on 10:37 - Mar 31 with 1542 viewsLord_Lucan

Golf on 10:24 - Mar 31 by JakeITFC

I'm a member at Woodbridge.

Is that the one opposite The Unruly Pig?

I've played there a couple of times. I think my favourite was Purdis but I only played the 9 hole. More often than not we played at Alnesbourne Priory, I know it's probably a bit pitch and putt for you maybe but it was about my limitations.

Golf on 11:32 - Mar 31 with 1438 viewsKeno

I play a bit locally, but keep getting stuck on the hole with the Windmill, it took me 5 shots to get past the rotating arms last time

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Golf on 11:43 - Mar 31 with 1418 viewsChurchman

Golf on 10:05 - Mar 31 by lazyblue

Play at once a week at ufford, been playing on and off for 30years and kind of addicted to it these days . Now have handicap index of 13.8 which unfortunately only going in wrong direction since I joined ufford 2 years ago after being member at Fynn.

We always used to put a team in the ipswich golf days which were always good fun.

Ahh, a good player then. I got down to 14 over a decade ago and am about 114 now. I’m looking to play a bit more this year. It’s a great, if frustrating, game.

While I play mostly in Kent, there are some nice courses in Suffolk, not that I’ve played too many of them.
Golf on 11:43 - Mar 31 with 1415 viewshoppy

Golf on 00:21 - Mar 31 by factual_blue

Where?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Golf on 11:44 - Mar 31 with 1408 viewsjohnewark

I started lessons in June 2021 and recently started playing 9 holes with an instructor to get ready for the full 18 in 2023. Not a member yet but hoping to join Rushmere next year.
Golf on 11:45 - Mar 31 with 1407 viewsKeno

Golf on 11:43 - Mar 31 by hoppy

Where?

I always thought Phil was taller, but looking at that picture he isnt even as tall as the golf flag

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Golf on 11:55 - Mar 31 with 1387 viewswoodbridge_blue

Golf on 11:32 - Mar 31 by Keno

I play a bit locally, but keep getting stuck on the hole with the Windmill, it took me 5 shots to get past the rotating arms last time

Sounds like it will be a while until you become competent enough to take on my favourite course, Pirates Cove on Great Yarmouth seafront.
Golf on 12:24 - Mar 31 with 1345 viewsmo_itfc

I've recently joined St Clements off Foxhall Road, it's a nice 9 hole.

Building up the courage to do a full 18, but that might be a few months away!
It's a great sports, so long as no-one minds playing with bad golfers such as myself, I'm keen to do a small TWTD golf friendly.

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Golf on 12:28 - Mar 31 with 1337 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

I'd often wondered the same thing, so yes it would be a fun thing to do maybe in the summer. I play once a week on average, off 13.9 currently . As I'm Reading based, I play down here mostly, but grew up playing at Southwold. Did a lovely Suffolk trip last year and Played Felixstowe Ferry seniors open in 50mph+ winds, Thorpeness and Purdis Heath. I was really impressed with Purdis Heath, it made me think we should invite Gareth Bale to play it, perhaps he'd join ITFC when his Real contract expires.

Poll: would you rather

Golf on 12:36 - Mar 31 with 1313 viewshype313

Golf on 00:21 - Mar 31 by factual_blue

Never knew Phil used to be a Geography teacher.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Golf on 12:38 - Mar 31 with 1305 viewshoppy

Golf on 12:36 - Mar 31 by hype313

Never knew Phil used to be a Geography teacher.

His jacket (not seen in that pic) has leather patches on the elbows too.

That confirms it, I think.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Golf on 12:41 - Mar 31 with 1294 viewshype313

Golf on 12:38 - Mar 31 by hoppy

His jacket (not seen in that pic) has leather patches on the elbows too.

That confirms it, I think.

Was also looking for a mug of Mellow Birds to confirm.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Golf on 12:48 - Mar 31 with 1277 viewsBlueStreak

I am a member up at Rushmere. Nice course, good club house and decent members plus 5 mins from home so win win
Golf on 12:58 - Mar 31 with 1242 viewsRozz

Golf on 12:24 - Mar 31 by mo_itfc

I've recently joined St Clements off Foxhall Road, it's a nice 9 hole.

Building up the courage to do a full 18, but that might be a few months away!
It's a great sports, so long as no-one minds playing with bad golfers such as myself, I'm keen to do a small TWTD golf friendly.

Looks nice enough, and cheap for new members. I'm North London based and memberships in my area are £900 - £1400, if they'll accept new golfers at all. I'm ok paying green fees for the odd weekend, but you miss out on the social side of it and it'd be nice to meet a few folk to go around with.

As long as I don't take home the wooden spoon for worst golfer in September it'll all be worth it.
Golf on 13:05 - Mar 31 with 1224 viewsoldbeardy

Just started playing more regularly and joined Brett Vale. Have also played in the dim and distant past at Purdis and also the 9 holes at St Clements and Alnesbourne (lovely place to play on a summer evening). Love playing but so frustrating! Takes me about 100 to get round BV at the moment. Just got to stop the slice, the 3 putts, learn to get out of bunkers, and hit it further and it'll all come good.......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024