Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thompson…. 21:00 - Mar 26 with 1882 viewsblueysbackside

Sign him asap….he is gonna be dynamite next season.
Thompson…. on 21:02 - Mar 26 with 1855 viewsFixed_It

I like him. A really eager footballer - hard to remember he's only on loan.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Thompson…. on 21:06 - Mar 26 with 1822 viewsBiGDonnie

Another who's getting better and better, I really like him and hope we sign him. Rock solid at the back today against one of Plymouths better players.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Thompson…. on 21:09 - Mar 26 with 1788 viewsFrimleyBlue

I just can't see him being available for transfer or loan to league 1 again, Motm against Man City before coming here, surely they see a bright future for him and if it's a loan next season, they will want champ wont they?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Thompson…. on 21:14 - Mar 26 with 1751 viewsitfcsuth

Just 21 years old.

Adds perfect balance to the back line. Different to Wes Burns on the opposite flank, but valuable to the back line stability.

A permanent deal would be brilliant - more likely to be a season long loan I feel though next year.
Thompson…. on 21:16 - Mar 26 with 1726 viewsBigCommon

Solid again today... Penney had a torrid time against their right flank in the corresponding fixture.. Albeit in a back 4....
Be interesting to see where Thompson ends up next season.. Rico Henry (Brentford LWB) just signed a new 4 year deal . So doubt he'll be getting much game time at Brentford.. Maybe we could pinch him on loan, again?
Thompson…. on 21:21 - Mar 26 with 1693 viewsArnieM

Odd how people see the game differently, coz I ( and my friend ) both felt he was constantly giving the ball away cheaply , especially in the first half. I think we’ll sign Bakinson , but I’m not so sure about Thompson. He’s very keen granted, and maybe his young years see him and Bakinson do great things in a game , and then quickly do daft things. But if the two, I’d say Bakinson is coming on in leaps and bounds. Amazing what being given a chance to play several games can do for your confidence….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Thompson…. on 21:25 - Mar 26 with 1666 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Thompson…. on 21:21 - Mar 26 by ArnieM

Odd how people see the game differently, coz I ( and my friend ) both felt he was constantly giving the ball away cheaply , especially in the first half. I think we’ll sign Bakinson , but I’m not so sure about Thompson. He’s very keen granted, and maybe his young years see him and Bakinson do great things in a game , and then quickly do daft things. But if the two, I’d say Bakinson is coming on in leaps and bounds. Amazing what being given a chance to play several games can do for your confidence….

I think he has a mistake in him but he’s eager and has talent. Bakinson would be dangerous with a little more composure.
Thompson…. on 21:31 - Mar 26 with 1609 viewsArnieM

Thompson…. on 21:25 - Mar 26 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I think he has a mistake in him but he’s eager and has talent. Bakinson would be dangerous with a little more composure.

Bakinson is showing more and more frequently that he has the ability to put a slide rule forward pass in that splits a defence , andt pass has significant pass on it. I also think opponents underestimate his ability to dig out the ball in a tackle , his legs appear at times to be 20 feet long lol !

I’m really warming to him ….I hope we sign him.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Thompson…. on 21:31 - Mar 26 with 1602 viewsJuggsy

I thought the lad Sessegnon looked good today for Plymouth as well.
Thompson…. on 22:42 - Mar 26 with 1315 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Thompson…. on 21:09 - Mar 26 by FrimleyBlue

I just can't see him being available for transfer or loan to league 1 again, Motm against Man City before coming here, surely they see a bright future for him and if it's a loan next season, they will want champ wont they?

Solid footballing education with Arsenal and was scouted and signed by Brentford using their ‘Moneyball’ system for over £2m only a year or so ago.

He won’t be available to a L1 side next season, certainly not permanently. He’s highly thought of at Brentford
Thompson…. on 22:47 - Mar 26 with 1293 viewstextbackup

yep really like him, another who has got better week on week under KMc

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Thompson…. on 03:40 - Mar 27 with 1042 viewsbournemouthblue

He looks very solid to me and will definitely grow, I think as a conventional left back he would he rock solid

He does a decent job in this role too and certainly tightens us up at the back

If we have total supremacy over an opposition, I think you could actually lob in the left side of the back three and get Penney in to overwhelm the opposition down a left

If we can find a left footed version of Wes Burns, would be a serious side

I think we would make mincemeat of opposition

Who actually replaces Burns if he is out? A less spotted KVY

Do we have an alternative?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Thompson…. on 08:41 - Mar 27 with 797 viewsjayessess

Thompson…. on 03:40 - Mar 27 by bournemouthblue

He looks very solid to me and will definitely grow, I think as a conventional left back he would he rock solid

He does a decent job in this role too and certainly tightens us up at the back

If we have total supremacy over an opposition, I think you could actually lob in the left side of the back three and get Penney in to overwhelm the opposition down a left

If we can find a left footed version of Wes Burns, would be a serious side

I think we would make mincemeat of opposition

Who actually replaces Burns if he is out? A less spotted KVY

Do we have an alternative?

Could you have a Burns-a-like on the left? I wonder if that might be a bit gung-ho. Thompson allows us to defend as a 4 if we need to and by being a bit deeper he becomes an easier out ball.

Thompson plays 48 passes/90, Burns 25
He makes 4.5 tackles and interceptions/90, Burns 1.5
I don't think we'd cope losing that.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024