Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women’s team 21:31 - Mar 20 with 4612 viewsReuser_is_God

Watched about 15 minutes today & it was utterly horrendous.

How some of those are paid professionals is beyond me, genuinely no better than Sunday league standard.

Given the hype around them I thought it would be half decent.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 21:32]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Women’s team on 21:36 - Mar 20 with 3751 viewsLord_Lucan

I missed the first half as I was out with the dogs.

Must admit I thought the quality would be a bit higher but what do I know? I'm new to the womens game but I am certainly going to keep more than an eye out for them.

WHU by all accounts are a professional team and we are two leagues below and amateur status, I think we should give our birds the benefit of the doubt.

I wish them all the success in the world.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Women’s team on 21:41 - Mar 20 with 3685 viewsSitfcB

It’s fashionable to support the women’s team more than anything.

The standard is pretty poor across the board.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Women’s team on 21:42 - Mar 20 with 3672 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Women’s team on 21:36 - Mar 20 by Lord_Lucan

Must admit I thought the quality would be a bit higher but what do I know? I'm new to the womens game but I am certainly going to keep more than an eye out for them.

WHU by all accounts are a professional team and we are two leagues below and amateur status, I think we should give our birds the benefit of the doubt.

Where was that game actually played? I saw the last ten minutes, it was live on ESPN+
Women’s team on 21:42 - Mar 20 with 3661 viewsLord_Lucan

Women’s team on 21:42 - Mar 20 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Where was that game actually played? I saw the last ten minutes, it was live on ESPN+

Felixstowe

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Women’s team on 21:43 - Mar 20 with 3647 viewsSitfcB

Women’s team on 21:42 - Mar 20 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The Goldstar ground in Felixstowe, that’s their home ground.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Women’s team on 21:47 - Mar 20 with 3603 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Women’s team on 21:43 - Mar 20 by SitfcB

The Goldstar ground in Felixstowe, that’s their home ground.

Interesting. Good luck to them.
Women’s team on 22:06 - Mar 20 with 3460 viewshadleighboyblue

Women’s team on 21:36 - Mar 20 by Lord_Lucan

Thought West ham were poor , considering they are professionals and in the top league , our ladies worked really hard and considering the differences in age and experience , they did really well .

The top teams in the WSL are miles ahead and the games are very watchable .....they don't dive and cheat like the men do .
Women’s team on 22:07 - Mar 20 with 3471 viewsDinnernotTea

This will get 57 down votes but hey ho.

Women's football is absolutely abysmal. Hence why even at the very top they're playing in front of a few hundred in the crowd. The fact it gets shoved down everyone's throats on Sky is laughable. It isn't mainstream news worthy if no one bothers turning up for it.

It's not very 2022 but so be it. It's a crap sport.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Login to get fewer ads

Women’s team on 22:32 - Mar 20 with 3330 views44_not_out

Women’s team on 22:07 - Mar 20 by DinnernotTea

Women's football is absolutely abysmal. Hence why even at the very top they're playing in front of a few hundred in the crowd. The fact it gets shoved down everyone's throats on Sky is laughable. It isn't mainstream news worthy if no one bothers turning up for it.

Do you feel better now you’ve got that off your chest

Speechless
Women’s team on 22:39 - Mar 20 with 3284 viewsFrimleyBlue

Women’s team on 21:41 - Mar 20 by SitfcB

It’s fashionable to support the women’s team more than anything.

The standard is pretty poor across the board.

Its called supporting a side that represents the town. Who will one day soon be playing their games at PR you'd imagine.

I've yet to see one person say today was amazing, but they rightfully were chuffed with the effort of the ladies in a big game and that it was great to see them giving it a go.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Women’s team on 22:39 - Mar 20 with 3297 viewsmonytowbray

Sexists in this thread whinging like they never watched a game under Roy Keane, Paul Jewell, later Mick McCarthy, Paul Hurst, Paul Lambert and Paul Cook.

Did no one watch Joe Pigott yesterday?!

Over a glimpse of one game no less. Ffs.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 22:43]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Women’s team on 22:41 - Mar 20 with 3263 viewsmonytowbray

Who exactly is shoving anything down your throat? You’re exposed to more lies from politicians or adverts for crap you don’t need more than you are Women’s football.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Women’s team on 22:42 - Mar 20 with 3246 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why do you watch it if its so abysmal. And if you don't watch it. Why comment on something you don't watch?

Its a sport that encourages girls of a young age that football is a viable option for them and why shouldn't it be? Does it have to be top quality? No. But it is good enough for those happy to follow the sport and Its one of the biggest growing sports out there.

What today showed was that despite a young lineup, town held their own and who knows what they can achieve in a few years.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 22:46]

Waka waka eh eh

Women’s team on 01:07 - Mar 21 with 3039 viewsIllinoisblue

Wonder how much gamechanger are paying to fund the women’s team. However much it is, I’m sure it’s a tiny blip on their overall ITFC budget. That said, how much sense does it make to subsidise a piece of your portfolio that will never ever make money. It’s hard to equate playing to a couple hundred people in Felixstowe to a fully professional outfit.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Women’s team on 01:18 - Mar 21 with 3013 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It’s evolved massively internationally over the last 15 or so years. I can’t pretend I particularly follow it but good luck to them all. There’s no need to put it down anyway. Just don’t watch if you don’t rate it as viewing spectacle.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 2:31]
Women’s team on 05:40 - Mar 21 with 2838 viewsSaigonTractor

Women’s team on 01:07 - Mar 21 by Illinoisblue

Wonder how much gamechanger are paying to fund the women’s team. However much it is, I’m sure it’s a tiny blip on their overall ITFC budget. That said, how much sense does it make to subsidise a piece of your portfolio that will never ever make money. It’s hard to equate playing to a couple hundred people in Felixstowe to a fully professional outfit.

Why does it have to make a profit? Can't something just be good to do?
Women’s team on 07:15 - Mar 21 with 2664 viewsFrimleyBlue

Women’s team on 01:07 - Mar 21 by Illinoisblue

Altho it's another level, football for the disabled, walking football, ladies football all come with grants and additional funding from the FA, it also encourages more fans to follow both sides.. even if you get 10 people following the mens team through the link of the ladies, it's 10 more than before.

Waka waka eh eh

Women’s team on 08:36 - Mar 21 with 2550 viewsbobbyramsey

You can't really compare the two, it's almost as if it's two different sports with a few similarities. If you can get into that mindset it can be quite enjoyable.

Imagine you'd never seen football before and this is a brand new sport, you might like it.
Women’s team on 08:53 - Mar 21 with 2494 viewsCheltenham_Blue

A few regular posters revealing their mindsets here and on the other thread.
Really disappointing thread to read if I'm honest.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 8:58]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Women’s team on 09:16 - Mar 21 with 2407 views44_not_out

Women’s team on 08:53 - Mar 21 by Cheltenham_Blue

A few regular posters revealing their mindsets here and on the other thread.
Really disappointing thread to read if I'm honest.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 8:58]

Totally agree and as you point out there is another similar post that has gone on for 4 pages.

I find it embarrassing for those creating such negativity.
Women’s team on 09:17 - Mar 21 with 2404 viewsbaxterbasics

Now I have also been in the "women's football is a bit rubbish, isn't it?" camp. It does get over-promoted in an effort to create demand when the crowds know better.

HOWEVER I can't help but be pleased to see positive headlines about the ITFC Women, got to acknowledge they are doing better within their respective field than the men are. I would love it if they bag that (far too difficult) promotion. Indeed I keep telling myself I should catch a game some time. Good luck to them.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Women’s team on 09:23 - Mar 21 with 2368 viewsBlueyandCrazy

So ok the game yesterday wasn't the most entertaining football spectacle; but

- this is your team, coming up against a team 2 leagues higher full of international pros
- given itfc women are a mixture of new pros, and part timers, this is the equivalent in the mens game of Conference v Premier Leageu

To come out with a narrow defeat and stop West Ham for much of the game, was a huge achievement.

No, it wasn't the best advert for the Women's game given this context. At their level though ITFC women are a good passing side, and entertaining to watch, with some bright young talent.

At the Super League level, often the games are more entertaining than some of the turgid football served up in the lower leagues of the mens game (McKenna's town excepted of course)......for example near me Arsenal Women are a much cheaper and better watch than their home ground hosts Borehamwood!

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Women’s team on 09:26 - Mar 21 with 2350 viewsLord_Lucan

Women’s team on 09:17 - Mar 21 by baxterbasics

Now I have also been in the "women's football is a bit rubbish, isn't it?" camp. It does get over-promoted in an effort to create demand when the crowds know better.

HOWEVER I can't help but be pleased to see positive headlines about the ITFC Women, got to acknowledge they are doing better within their respective field than the men are. I would love it if they bag that (far too difficult) promotion. Indeed I keep telling myself I should catch a game some time. Good luck to them.

At the end of the day they are Ipswich - and I support everything Ipswich

Women’s team on 09:41 - Mar 21 with 2292 viewspeterleeblue

I've been assistant referee on a number of Woman's games and can assure that the standard is a lot higher than on offer yesterday. I felt Town set up to avoid a thumping and as a result offered little up front. Confidence remains intact and Town can set about getting into the Womens Championship where the standard is decent.
They will need to play on a better surface than yesterday.

I also refereed an early FA Cup Round Hartlepool v Leeds United and whilst quality was ok the commitment and effort from both sides made it a challenge to officiate and relatively watchable for the crowd of about 200.

Top level WSL and Internationl football is very good IMHO.
Women’s team on 09:53 - Mar 21 with 2248 viewsDurovigutum

I'm an official on the Women's National League list, and also referee youth and open age county games plus veterans games (that I could play in such is my age, but can't because my knee breaks after kicking a ball a few times).

Each category of football is very different - when people talk about a manager like Burley being from "a different era" the way to see this demonstrated is in each of the games of the categories I've listed.

Youth and women's is similar. Ball on the floor, technical rather than physical ability, the size of the pitch and specifically goals sometimes causing an imbalance. Good games are great, average and below can make a poor spectacle.

Open age will vary, but the ball is in the air more and there is far more physical contact. Standard of behaviour is far worse, cheating more prevalent. Quality can vary and even semi-pro (eg FA Vase) can throw up odd scores based on availability (Bert's wedding, half the team are missing).

Veterans is the football of the 80s but with modern rules and (generally) less aggression than OA, mostly because the players know that injuries take forever to heal. You get 4-4-2 with a 4 and 8 in midfield etc.

Turning up to any game expecting to be entertained is optimistic, but sometimes you get a cracker. Going to support and enjoy whatever is served up is best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024