Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie 12:36 - Mar 11 with 10617 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Amongst many other lies of course.
But he wasn't.
And he was right all along to warn against him and his oligarchs.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/russia-ukraine-war-jeremy-corbyn-right-put

"He's gone now Dollers, let it go."
Just getting that in before others do. Rather misses the point though.
A fantastic job was done on Corbyn.
All we can hope is a few people learn from it and keep an open mind on the establishment's narrative in future.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 16:09 - Mar 11 with 1747 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 13:42 - Mar 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

Openly racist?! And an up-arrow from Glassers, who I remember distinctly saying he didn't think Corbyn was actually racist.

Never mind, we're in a post-truth world. You don't have any evidence of Corbyn being openly racist but I guess that doesn't matter.

Though you did get an upvote from Wacko - Emperor Vlad’s troll farm employee of the month.
Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 18:04 - Mar 11 with 1680 viewslowhouseblue

yeah, but he's no russell brand is he.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 18:23 - Mar 11 with 1624 viewsGlasgowBlue

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 18:04 - Mar 11 by lowhouseblue

yeah, but he's no russell brand is he.

I see Russell Brand has gone full conspiracy theorist over Ukraine, Covid and such-like.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 18:34 - Mar 11 with 1640 viewsMattinLondon

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 18:23 - Mar 11 by GlasgowBlue

I see Russell Brand has gone full conspiracy theorist over Ukraine, Covid and such-like.

One of the videos is entitled - We’re not allowed to discuss this.

Without watching it, I bet they’ve just discussed it - bell ends.
Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 18:35 - Mar 11 with 1612 viewsGlasgowBlue

It would appear that Peter Oborne left this particular exchange out of his thorough research.

Russia using the same MO in Ukraine.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2022 18:42]

Iron Lion Zion

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 18:43 - Mar 11 with 1608 viewsSeablu

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 13:42 - Mar 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

Openly racist?! And an up-arrow from Glassers, who I remember distinctly saying he didn't think Corbyn was actually racist.

Never mind, we're in a post-truth world. You don't have any evidence of Corbyn being openly racist but I guess that doesn't matter.

Badger and glasserswerve have some rather disturbing mutual back-soaping going on at the moment.

Someone needs to remind him that his new BFF was part of the 52% he so despises and has spent his career voting for the tory cutbacks that Badger rightly bemoans within the NHS.

It’s like finding out Angela Rayner and Rees Mogg have been witnessed canoodling in the HOC bar.

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 19:16 - Mar 11 with 1560 viewsDarth_Koont

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 18:35 - Mar 11 by GlasgowBlue

It would appear that Peter Oborne left this particular exchange out of his thorough research.

Russia using the same MO in Ukraine.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2022 18:42]

Lee Kern again??! He’s the absolute daddy of disingenuous and hateful c@#%ery.

What did Corbyn say rather than the people suggesting “this is what he said”? We’ve already seen similar disproved on this thread re: Salisbury and Novichok.

I’m constantly amazed that if Corbyn was such a real danger and is such an awful person that people simultaneously have had to make so much stuff up about him including what he says. Maybe square that circle for me?

Pronouns: He/Him

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 19:23 - Mar 11 with 1535 viewsDarth_Koont

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 16:05 - Mar 11 by MattinLondon

Steady on there…this site would be redundant if we all played by those rules.

I don’t know. I think we’d be talking a lot more about fun stuff and having better, more serious discussions about the life stuff.

Login to get fewer ads

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 19:46 - Mar 11 with 1506 viewsDarth_Koont

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 14:25 - Mar 11 by monytowbray

Click through, thread.

That’s a very good thread. And so right.

If you weren’t watching the stuff said about Corbyn – especially when it was unchallenged and given credence in the mainstream – sceptically then you’ll probably believe anything now.

It’s the same docile, nodding acceptance that only decides Johnson is a liar unfit for office in January 2022 when we’re told to. And then largely forgets when another big story comes along to replace it.

It’s depressing though. I really thought that people would learn something from the episode when the facts are there if they ever want to know them. But it’s probably a sign that even darker days are ahead for our politics.

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 20:19 - Mar 11 with 1444 viewsGlasgowBlue

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 19:16 - Mar 11 by Darth_Koont

Lee Kern again??! He’s the absolute daddy of disingenuous and hateful c@#%ery.

What did Corbyn say rather than the people suggesting “this is what he said”? We’ve already seen similar disproved on this thread re: Salisbury and Novichok.

I’m constantly amazed that if Corbyn was such a real danger and is such an awful person that people simultaneously have had to make so much stuff up about him including what he says. Maybe square that circle for me?

He’s on Russia today agreeing with the Russians that the Syrians gassed themselves.

Forget who posted it. They haven’t faked his words.

Iron Lion Zion

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 20:38 - Mar 11 with 1424 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hmmm.

“ The far-right is now sitting in government in Ukraine. The origins of the Ukrainian far-right go back to those who welcomed the nazi invasion in 1941 and acted as allies of the invaders.”

“ On Ukraine, I would not condone Russian behaviour or expansion. But it is not unprovoked, and the right of people to seek a federal structure or independence should not be denied.”

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/a-972b-nato-belligerence-endangers-us-all

Not a Putin fan. More his useful idiot.

Iron Lion Zion

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 20:45 - Mar 11 with 1433 viewsSwansea_Blue

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 20:19 - Mar 11 by GlasgowBlue

He’s on Russia today agreeing with the Russians that the Syrians gassed themselves.

Forget who posted it. They haven’t faked his words.

He's not though. That tweet quotes him as saying "Yes, as Russia says, Syrians gas themselves". He doesn't say that at all, not even close. The full interview linked below.

I do think he's being a useful idiot there by not countering the clearly loaded, pro-Russian line of questioning and agreeing that the Russian evidence was "compelling". And yes, he's sowing doubt about the validity of Western claims, that's for sure. But he's falling well short of openly supporting Russia.

Commenting on our claims (@ 4:24) he says "if they [us/America] have it [the evidence] they have to bring it forward, if they haven't got it then they should not say there are unconfirmed reports. The reports are either confirmed and the evidence is there or they are not...And anyone who has any evidence should hand it straight over to the UN". There's nothing wrong with that, imo.

He repeatedly says he hopes nobody has used chemical weapons and that any evidence for any side using them is brought to the attention of the UN as it's illegal. He says that for both sides.

In this case I honestly think he's being a useful idiot by both siding each side. He's not openly supporting us, and that's what's winding people up. Yey he repeatedly mentions he's hopes nobody has used chemical weapons and that the priority is to try and get peace talks back on the table. Again, who wouldn't hope and want for those things?

He doesn't come across as a Russian apologist here at all. He's just not blindly partisan and seems to be against all the aggression.

As I say I think he's being more of a useful idiot here than a traitor. He did the same with Salisbury by this sitting on the fence and saying that more evidence was needed to draw conclusions.

Full interview:

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 21:35 - Mar 11 with 1377 viewsmonytowbray

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 20:45 - Mar 11 by Swansea_Blue

He's not though. That tweet quotes him as saying "Yes, as Russia says, Syrians gas themselves". He doesn't say that at all, not even close. The full interview linked below.

I do think he's being a useful idiot there by not countering the clearly loaded, pro-Russian line of questioning and agreeing that the Russian evidence was "compelling". And yes, he's sowing doubt about the validity of Western claims, that's for sure. But he's falling well short of openly supporting Russia.

Commenting on our claims (@ 4:24) he says "if they [us/America] have it [the evidence] they have to bring it forward, if they haven't got it then they should not say there are unconfirmed reports. The reports are either confirmed and the evidence is there or they are not...And anyone who has any evidence should hand it straight over to the UN". There's nothing wrong with that, imo.

He repeatedly says he hopes nobody has used chemical weapons and that any evidence for any side using them is brought to the attention of the UN as it's illegal. He says that for both sides.

In this case I honestly think he's being a useful idiot by both siding each side. He's not openly supporting us, and that's what's winding people up. Yey he repeatedly mentions he's hopes nobody has used chemical weapons and that the priority is to try and get peace talks back on the table. Again, who wouldn't hope and want for those things?

He doesn't come across as a Russian apologist here at all. He's just not blindly partisan and seems to be against all the aggression.

As I say I think he's being more of a useful idiot here than a traitor. He did the same with Salisbury by this sitting on the fence and saying that more evidence was needed to draw conclusions.

Full interview:

You’d think Iraq would be enough evidence to say “maybe we should get the evidence first”.

It always makes me laugh, with the track record of the institutions that “protect” us, how much people still trust them.

Glassers is the TWTD version of Andy Ngo, of course he’s here editing reality to fit an agenda to protect power.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2022 21:37]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 22:11 - Mar 11 with 1369 viewsSwansea_Blue

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 21:35 - Mar 11 by monytowbray

You’d think Iraq would be enough evidence to say “maybe we should get the evidence first”.

It always makes me laugh, with the track record of the institutions that “protect” us, how much people still trust them.

Glassers is the TWTD version of Andy Ngo, of course he’s here editing reality to fit an agenda to protect power.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2022 21:37]

Yeah, there's reason to be cautious for sure. That tweet about Corbyn above definitely was a misleading smear (outright lie). But then he's not exactly keen to criticise Russia either, so maybe I'm being the useful idiot in half-defending him. I don't know where I sit with the bloke. I can't work out whether he's just a bit awkward, odd and a bit useless, or a genuine concern.

Sitting on the fence on this one!

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 23:17 - Mar 11 with 1325 viewsjeera

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 22:11 - Mar 11 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, there's reason to be cautious for sure. That tweet about Corbyn above definitely was a misleading smear (outright lie). But then he's not exactly keen to criticise Russia either, so maybe I'm being the useful idiot in half-defending him. I don't know where I sit with the bloke. I can't work out whether he's just a bit awkward, odd and a bit useless, or a genuine concern.

Like most things it's ok to not be keen whilst not feeling the need to be a twit about it.

(No reference to anyone on here - I really can't be bothered with any of it).

But a mate of mine would slag off Corbyn all the time and put stupid things on FB like an image of him as a clown. I asked him to explain but beyond mumbling something about terrorists he had nothing.

My sister is the same, can't stand the bloke but can't say why. I know why, it's because her husband has said it so she follows suit. Except he doesn't know why either.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 23:25 - Mar 11 with 1312 viewsistanblue

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 13:34 - Mar 11 by BlueBadger

Jezza is a left-wing Nigel Farage. He's posh but tries to pretend he's down with the kids, is racist and hates the EU, sucks up to dodgy regimes and cons desperate and naive people looking for simple solutions to complicated problems.

Ok boomer
Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 23:28 - Mar 11 with 1310 viewsjeera

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 23:25 - Mar 11 by istanblue

Ok boomer

Boomer?

Do you understand what era that relates to?

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 00:35 - Mar 12 with 1260 viewsBugs

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 23:28 - Mar 11 by jeera

Boomer?

Do you understand what era that relates to?

It now applies to anyone over 30 form what I can gather, baby boomer or not. As with many things on this planet, it doesn't have to make sense.
Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 00:49 - Mar 12 with 1243 viewsjeera

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 00:35 - Mar 12 by Bugs

It now applies to anyone over 30 form what I can gather, baby boomer or not. As with many things on this planet, it doesn't have to make sense.

I'm fairly sure it only applies to those over 30 by those who don't realise what it was actually supposed to mean!

Like most things, as you say.

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 05:34 - Mar 12 with 1193 viewsRyorry

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 22:11 - Mar 11 by Swansea_Blue

Unless he's being put forward as some kind of neutral peacemaking diplomat negotiater between Ukraine + 'the West'/Russia (unlikely!), or Putin sees him as some kind of mitigating voice of 'the West' (along the lines of "I suppose at least they're not all disgusting right-wing decadents") - sitting on the fence is a useless position & will be seen as weak (edit - him, not you! ). Reminds me of his refusal to condemn antisemitism within his own party that was instrumental in his fall from grace within Labour.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2022 5:37]

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 07:02 - Mar 12 with 1158 viewsGlasgowBlue

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 20:45 - Mar 11 by Swansea_Blue

Full interview:

I’m sorry but he is completely parroting the Russian line that it was the Syrian rebels who used the chemical weapons on their own people and not the Assad regime. This has since been proven by the UN to be a lie. It’s the same fake news that Russia is pumping out now about the Ukrainians.

He’s dismissing the evidence of the British and US intelligence evidence that the chemicals were used by Assad. On Russian propaganda TV.

What do you think of this article from Corbyn in the Morning Star?

No condemnation of Russia invading Ukraine in 2014. Just that he doesn’t condone it but they were provoked. Calling the Ukrainian government ‘far right’ and bringing up the Nazis. The same weasel words used by Putin to justify recent events. Any comment?

Maybe read this from former chief of staff to Labour’s Denis Healey when he was shadow foreign secretary.

https://www.politics.co.uk/blog/2017/10/09/digging-into-corbyns-silence-on-putin

Or the Pro Labour New Statesman

“ Yet the Labour leader often treats Russia as a good-faith actor in the conflict”

“ Corbyn’s quest for peace looks like something else: a willingness to repeat Russian propaganda and implicitly support its intervention in the conflict, but not intervention by the west.”

Like Dolly, you have fallen into the trap of using words that nobody else did. Who called him a traitor? I called him Putin’s useful idiot. So did you.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2022 7:40]

Iron Lion Zion

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 07:41 - Mar 12 with 1144 viewsMattinLondon

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 07:02 - Mar 12 by GlasgowBlue

I’m sorry but he is completely parroting the Russian line that it was the Syrian rebels who used the chemical weapons on their own people and not the Assad regime. This has since been proven by the UN to be a lie. It’s the same fake news that Russia is pumping out now about the Ukrainians.

He’s dismissing the evidence of the British and US intelligence evidence that the chemicals were used by Assad. On Russian propaganda TV.

What do you think of this article from Corbyn in the Morning Star?

No condemnation of Russia invading Ukraine in 2014. Just that he doesn’t condone it but they were provoked. Calling the Ukrainian government ‘far right’ and bringing up the Nazis. The same weasel words used by Putin to justify recent events. Any comment?

Maybe read this from former chief of staff to Labour’s Denis Healey when he was shadow foreign secretary.

https://www.politics.co.uk/blog/2017/10/09/digging-into-corbyns-silence-on-putin

Or the Pro Labour New Statesman

“ Yet the Labour leader often treats Russia as a good-faith actor in the conflict”

“ Corbyn’s quest for peace looks like something else: a willingness to repeat Russian propaganda and implicitly support its intervention in the conflict, but not intervention by the west.”

Like Dolly, you have fallen into the trap of using words that nobody else did. Who called him a traitor? I called him Putin’s useful idiot. So did you.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2022 7:40]

A lot of posters on here have called Corbyn a traitor - Blueasfook for example did so quite recently. You maybe haven’t called Corbyn but you’ve questioned his loyalty to the country.
Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 07:46 - Mar 12 with 1129 viewsGlasgowBlue

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 07:41 - Mar 12 by MattinLondon

A lot of posters on here have called Corbyn a traitor - Blueasfook for example did so quite recently. You maybe haven’t called Corbyn but you’ve questioned his loyalty to the country.

I’ve said that he takes an anti uk/US/west position. Loyalty is irrelevant. It should never be ‘my country, good or bad’. People should be free to criticise the actions of their own country if the believe it has acted badly. Corbyn, however, will always use the ‘But NATO’ line when asked to condemn a foreign aggressor.

Now how about addressing the links in my post. You seem to be a poster that only ever deals with the hole and never the doughnut. Dip your toe in the water. Actually engage in what is poster rather than boo from the sidelines.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2022 7:49]

Iron Lion Zion

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 07:55 - Mar 12 with 1107 viewsMattinLondon

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 07:46 - Mar 12 by GlasgowBlue

I’ve said that he takes an anti uk/US/west position. Loyalty is irrelevant. It should never be ‘my country, good or bad’. People should be free to criticise the actions of their own country if the believe it has acted badly. Corbyn, however, will always use the ‘But NATO’ line when asked to condemn a foreign aggressor.

Now how about addressing the links in my post. You seem to be a poster that only ever deals with the hole and never the doughnut. Dip your toe in the water. Actually engage in what is poster rather than boo from the sidelines.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2022 7:49]

As opposed to what you specialise in? Digging up posts or quotes from years ago and then rehashing them to form your argument.
Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 08:02 - Mar 12 with 1102 viewsSwansea_Blue

Many of you fell for the 'Corbyn being a Putin fan' lie on 23:17 - Mar 11 by jeera

Like most things it's ok to not be keen whilst not feeling the need to be a twit about it.

(No reference to anyone on here - I really can't be bothered with any of it).

But a mate of mine would slag off Corbyn all the time and put stupid things on FB like an image of him as a clown. I asked him to explain but beyond mumbling something about terrorists he had nothing.

My sister is the same, can't stand the bloke but can't say why. I know why, it's because her husband has said it so she follows suit. Except he doesn't know why either.

I've never known someone who splits people so decisively. People seem to worship him or loathe him, and both groups make a lot of noise about it. I've no idea what that tells us though!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024