Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Helping the Ukrainians 07:42 - Feb 28 with 17220 viewsroysboys

In these terrible times my thoughts turned to the Ukrainians that I 'know' in the UK. The three that I came up with were my neighbour Maria, my friend Oksana and our very own Sergei Baltacha. Oksana shared a link to donate. Please help if you are able to. https://gofund.me/22b0fbf1

This post has been edited by an administrator

Blog: Pig Tales - An Old Story Brought Bang Up to Date

Sergei Baltacha. Helping the Ukranians on 07:57 - Feb 28 with 17097 viewsChurchman

Thank you for posting this.

Edit: I’ve no idea of the protocols for this, but personally, I’d like to see this stay at the top of the page for a while.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 8:43]
Sergei Baltacha. Helping the Ukranians on 08:40 - Feb 28 with 17028 viewsEdwardStone

Donated
Sergei Baltacha. Helping the Ukranians on 08:40 - Feb 28 with 17026 viewsEdwardStone

Thank you for posting this link
Sergei Baltacha. Helping the Ukranians on 15:05 - Feb 28 with 16872 viewsEdwardStone

Sergei Baltacha. Helping the Ukranians on 07:57 - Feb 28 by Churchman

Thank you for posting this.

Edit: I’ve no idea of the protocols for this, but personally, I’d like to see this stay at the top of the page for a while.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 8:43]

You could keep bumping the thread by adding occasional replies
Sergei Baltacha. Helping the Ukranians on 15:06 - Feb 28 with 16868 viewsEdwardStone

Sergei Baltacha. Helping the Ukranians on 15:05 - Feb 28 by EdwardStone

You could keep bumping the thread by adding occasional replies

Even if you just write the word

"Bump"

* Inverted commas added for clarity*
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 15:08]
Sergei Baltacha. Helping the Ukranians on 15:07 - Feb 28 with 16860 viewsEdwardStone

Sergei Baltacha. Helping the Ukranians on 15:06 - Feb 28 by EdwardStone

Even if you just write the word

"Bump"

* Inverted commas added for clarity*
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 15:08]

Or pm Phil to see if he will sticky the thread so that it gets pinned to the top of the page
Sergei Baltacha. Helping the Ukranians on 15:14 - Feb 28 with 16833 viewsPhilTWTD

Sergei Baltacha. Helping the Ukranians on 15:07 - Feb 28 by EdwardStone

Or pm Phil to see if he will sticky the thread so that it gets pinned to the top of the page

I will do, although has Sergei Baltacha got anything to do with the appeal, other than being Ukrainian?
Helping the Ukrainians on 21:03 - Feb 28 with 16412 viewsZapers

Where we live in France, my wife donated a relatively small amount of food for the Ukraine, but it helped to swell the collection to over 6 tonnes.
We should all try to do our bit if possible.
Login to get fewer ads

Helping the Ukrainians on 10:18 - Mar 1 with 16165 viewsEireannach_gorm

Helping the Ukrainians on 21:03 - Feb 28 by Zapers

Where we live in France, my wife donated a relatively small amount of food for the Ukraine, but it helped to swell the collection to over 6 tonnes.
We should all try to do our bit if possible.

While donating goods is a good and helpful thing to do I think that donating money is the more practical and speedy way to help. I just heard that a Ukranian living in Ireland has pleaded with the public to stop leaving stuff to his house because he cant get out the door and is unable to get the donations to the people who need need it.
Helping the Ukrainians on 11:27 - Mar 1 with 16109 viewsZapers

Helping the Ukrainians on 10:18 - Mar 1 by Eireannach_gorm

While donating goods is a good and helpful thing to do I think that donating money is the more practical and speedy way to help. I just heard that a Ukranian living in Ireland has pleaded with the public to stop leaving stuff to his house because he cant get out the door and is unable to get the donations to the people who need need it.

My wife is in contact with several people in Ukraine and they say, where they live, the shelves are empty. We offered to send money but they preferred to be sent food, medicine, baby milk, diapers etc.
Anyhow we did not instigate the food collection, we only contributed a relatively small amount.
Helping the Ukrainians on 11:47 - Mar 1 with 16092 viewsEireannach_gorm

Helping the Ukrainians on 11:27 - Mar 1 by Zapers

My wife is in contact with several people in Ukraine and they say, where they live, the shelves are empty. We offered to send money but they preferred to be sent food, medicine, baby milk, diapers etc.
Anyhow we did not instigate the food collection, we only contributed a relatively small amount.

Understand that stock in Ukraine is critically low but the logistic problem of sending stuff from Ireland versus somewhere like Poland is the issue.

On a side note I see the Russians have destroyed the Ukranian transport plane that brought the Irish emergency Covid-19 healthcare equipment from China.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 12:24]
Helping the Ukrainians on 13:39 - Mar 1 with 15989 viewsjeera

People are leaving stuff at his door because he's Ukrainian?

Why would anyone think he has powers over them to get items to Ukraine?

It's lovely that people care but I'm clearly missing something or they're not thinking this through.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Helping the Ukrainians on 19:18 - Mar 1 with 15842 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Thank you for posting this link. Donated.
Helping the Ukrainians on 04:18 - Mar 2 with 15688 viewsRyorry

👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Helping the Ukrainians on 11:44 - Mar 2 with 15602 viewsPhilTWTD

Further to this, Anchor Freight, run by Carl Day, who used to chair the Supporters Trust, making part of their warehouse facility in Ipswich available to act as a hub for aid donations.

https://www.anchor-freight.co.uk/news/posts/ukraine-crisis-appeal/
Helping the Ukrainians on 08:56 - Mar 4 with 15198 viewsElephantintheRoom

Shaming the UK government is probably the best way to help Ukrainiens. The UK is after all Putin’s strongest ally with its deeply-rooted, long term commitment to money laundering

Some people have started booking Air bnb places in Ukraine having established that the places are, allegedly owned by locals - then emailing to say they won’t be coming. That is one way of getting online cash into the country fast. Whether it can be accessed or used is another matter of course

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Helping the Ukrainians on 10:15 - Mar 4 with 15155 viewsroysboys

Thanks to all who have donated to this appeal so far. It is now the biggest ever gofundme page and has raised more than £1.7 million to purchase essential supplies for Ukraine.

Blog: Pig Tales - An Old Story Brought Bang Up to Date

Helping the Ukrainians on 13:37 - Mar 5 with 14942 viewsJ2BLUE

Anything is good but sounds like money is what they need most now.

Donated to someone I work with who lives on the Polish/Ukrainian border who set up an appeal and is buying goods in Poland where apparently money goes 4-5 as far as it does here.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Helping the Ukrainians on 22:01 - Mar 5 with 14802 viewsEireannach_gorm

These guys are great.

https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/2022/0305/1284584-ukraine-appeal/
Sergei Baltacha. Helping the Ukranians on 12:43 - Mar 8 with 14374 viewsaardvaark

Sergei Baltacha. Helping the Ukranians on 08:40 - Feb 28 by EdwardStone

Donated

Same

Poll: When, not if, will Jewell go?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024