Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Find that 20 goal + striker in the summer and you'd fancy us... 18:21 - Feb 26 with 510 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Next season based on what we're seeing so far. Obvious and easier said than done and we thought we had him in Piggot and then Bonne but I'd say a good chance all 4 go in the summer now. Great to see/hear us playing some decent stuff again though. It's been a long while and gives hope for next season if we can't perform the near miracle that is now needed to go up this season.
Find that 20 goal + striker in the summer and you'd fancy us... on 18:24 - Feb 26 with 493 viewsFrimleyBlue

Getting one and them doing it again is the problem

We brought in Pigott who got 20+ goals last season..............

At this level it's difficult to get one who's done for more than 1 season... perhaps we'll see someone coming in who Km and Ashton believe could do it for more than 1 season.. KM's youth links you'd imagine will come into play and Ashton and his data board etc.

The problem I feel is what sort for player suits this side? we almost need one that has all the talents of the 4 we've got into 1, how the hell do you find that at league 1 level.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Find that 20 goal + striker in the summer and you'd fancy us... on 19:30 - Feb 26 with 399 viewsLord_Lucan

For a whole season with our current management I'd fancy us with Sam Parkin up front on his tod.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Find that 20 goal + striker in the summer and you'd fancy us... on 19:34 - Feb 26 with 383 viewsRadlett_blue

Find that 20 goal + striker in the summer and you'd fancy us... on 18:24 - Feb 26 by FrimleyBlue

At this level it's difficult to get one who's done for more than 1 season... perhaps we'll see someone coming in who Km and Ashton believe could do it for more than 1 season.. KM's youth links you'd imagine will come into play and Ashton and his data board etc.

The problem I feel is what sort for player suits this side? we almost need one that has all the talents of the 4 we've got into 1, how the hell do you find that at league 1 level.

Exactly. Pigott came here off a 20 goal season, but has looked bang average in his fleeting appearances. Bonne looked the man early in the season but has now scored 1 in 20. We all know Norwood is fundamentally flawed and an erratic finisher - that's why he's spent his career in the lower leagues. Jackson offers pace & has worked hard recently, but has never been a consistent goal scorer. If there was an obvious player, he'd be playing in the Championship.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Find that 20 goal + striker in the summer and you'd fancy us... on 19:38 - Feb 26 with 374 viewsSwansea_Blue

Find that 20 goal + striker in the summer and you'd fancy us... on 18:24 - Feb 26 by FrimleyBlue

Yep, we’ve got a 20 goal striker in Pigott (although he isn’t really, as it was a one off and he’s only scored goals for one club). Will Keane has 15 already this season, so you could argue we had one in the making before too.

All a lot easier said than done. Bonne could still get 20 if he snaps out of his funk though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024