Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is the last PM to leave office in disgrace? (n/t) 16:01 - Jan 31 with 852 viewsFPL_Tractor

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Who is the last PM to leave office in disgrace? (n/t) on 16:02 - Jan 31 with 847 viewsBlueBadger

David Cameron.

Pulled a Paul Hurst on the country, then ran away.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Who is the last PM to leave office in disgrace? (n/t) on 16:03 - Jan 31 with 831 viewsSteve_M

Arguably Cameron.

Eden resigned after Suez.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Who is the last PM to leave office in disgrace? (n/t) on 16:03 - Jan 31 with 828 viewsfooters

Eden

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Who is the last PM to leave office in disgrace? (n/t) on 16:07 - Jan 31 with 790 viewsmylittletown

Cameron.

And the damage he wreaked upon this country will be seen as a generational disaster.
Eden and Suez destroyed our credibility, Brexit has far wider implications.
Who is the last PM to leave office in disgrace? (n/t) on 16:07 - Jan 31 with 779 viewsBlueBadger

Who is the last PM to leave office in disgrace? (n/t) on 16:07 - Jan 31 by mylittletown

Cameron.

And the damage he wreaked upon this country will be seen as a generational disaster.
Eden and Suez destroyed our credibility, Brexit has far wider implications.

AND has destroyed our credibility.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Who is the last PM to leave office in disgrace? (n/t) on 16:11 - Jan 31 with 741 viewsFPL_Tractor

Who is the last PM to leave office in disgrace? (n/t) on 16:03 - Jan 31 by Steve_M

Arguably Cameron.

Eden resigned after Suez.

I’m not counting Cameron. Did huge damage but left as the result of a vote rather than his own actions. Eden counts. Can’t be many others before him?

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Who is the last PM to leave office in disgrace? (n/t) on 16:13 - Jan 31 with 717 viewsBlueBadger

Who is the last PM to leave office in disgrace? (n/t) on 16:11 - Jan 31 by FPL_Tractor

I’m not counting Cameron. Did huge damage but left as the result of a vote rather than his own actions. Eden counts. Can’t be many others before him?

That vote was the result of a cack-handed attempt to unify his party though...

Who is the last PM to leave office in disgrace? (n/t) on 16:20 - Jan 31 with 685 viewsKeno

Thatcher?

only joking

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Who is the last PM to leave office in disgrace? (n/t) on 17:02 - Jan 31 with 600 viewsHARRY10

Eden did nor resign in disgrace. The thought was that he had colluded, solely, with the French and the Israelis over Egypt taking control of the Suez canal. Papers released under the 30 year rule showed that actually the whole Tory cabinet were aware of those actions

However the perception was that he alone was to blame - so tendered his resignation.

That is about as near as it has come as far as I know.

He resigned because the public, rightly or wrongly, had no trust in him.

Contract that with the present day sleaze bucket. A shyster who thinks the rules do not apply to him, and so will not resign. Who stands at the dispatch box and routinely lies. Lied about the NI protocol when he knew it was a lie. Just as removing VAT on energy bills, once out of the EU.

The country is run as a banana republic, inward looking with a narcissist at it's head.
Who is the last PM to leave office in disgrace? (n/t) on 17:06 - Jan 31 with 570 viewsMullet

May.

Anyone who continued austerity, ushered in Brexit and fuelled division in this country should be seen with disdain.

The fact she is sandwiched between two variations of scumbag is what keeps her standing higher I'd suggest.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Who is the last PM to leave office in disgrace? (n/t) on 18:23 - Jan 31 with 477 viewsfactual_blue

Who is the last PM to leave office in disgrace? (n/t) on 17:02 - Jan 31 by HARRY10

Eden did nor resign in disgrace. The thought was that he had colluded, solely, with the French and the Israelis over Egypt taking control of the Suez canal. Papers released under the 30 year rule showed that actually the whole Tory cabinet were aware of those actions

However the perception was that he alone was to blame - so tendered his resignation.

That is about as near as it has come as far as I know.

He resigned because the public, rightly or wrongly, had no trust in him.

Contract that with the present day sleaze bucket. A shyster who thinks the rules do not apply to him, and so will not resign. Who stands at the dispatch box and routinely lies. Lied about the NI protocol when he knew it was a lie. Just as removing VAT on energy bills, once out of the EU.

The country is run as a banana republic, inward looking with a narcissist at it's head.

...And he was very, very ill.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024