Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? 13:39 - Dec 21 with 5917 viewsCheltenham_Blue

My daughter is accidentally named after Nerys Hughes' character in 'The District Nurse'
and my son is accidentally named after a cop killer.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 18:48 - Dec 21 with 1501 viewsGeoffSentence

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 13:43 - Dec 21 by Illinoisblue

Sort of. If you’ve seen the John Candy movie Uncle Buck the two kids have the same names as my kids. Which I was completely unaware of until someone pointed it out at the baby shower for kid #2.

Baby Shower?

Oh, you are in thestates

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 18:58 - Dec 21 with 1479 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 16:31 - Dec 21 by PhilTWTD

I hate Nerys Hughes.

So does my daughter now.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 19:57 - Dec 21 with 1431 viewsMerthyrblue

If I recall correctly, a former landlord of the Swilland Half Moon was called Felix Stowe.

I had an Uncle called Charlie Chaplin
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 20:01 - Dec 21 with 1430 viewsWarkystache

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 16:31 - Dec 21 by PhilTWTD

I hate Nerys Hughes.

I quite fancied her in The Liver Birds

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 21:43 - Dec 21 with 1392 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 16:00 - Dec 21 by allezlesbleus

Slightly off subject, but my wife and I named our daughter Etienne, after (imho) our greatest ever victory on foreign soil. We didn't really give the name much thought at the time .

A few years later, we moved to France to find out that Etienne was a boys name.....

Just as well for your daughter that we didn't beat Lokomotive Leipzig.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 21:50 - Dec 21 with 1374 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 19:57 - Dec 21 by Merthyrblue

If I recall correctly, a former landlord of the Swilland Half Moon was called Felix Stowe.

I had an Uncle called Charlie Chaplin

I remember hearing that about the Felixstowe Half Moon.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 22:05 - Dec 21 with 1350 viewsDBaldy

If anyone on here is old enough to remember the 70's TV show Bewitched, I was named after the lead male character.

My wife just so happened to be named after the lead female character.

True story!
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 23:02 - Dec 21 with 1300 viewsPhilTWTD

I knew someone called Nanette Newman some years ago, somewhat unbelievably. But it is true.
Login to get fewer ads

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 23:05 - Dec 21 with 1301 viewsPhilTWTD

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 22:05 - Dec 21 by DBaldy

If anyone on here is old enough to remember the 70's TV show Bewitched, I was named after the lead male character.

My wife just so happened to be named after the lead female character.

True story!

Evening Durwood! That's remarkable. Unless you met through a Bewitched Fan Club that your parents were members of.
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 23:11 - Dec 21 with 1297 viewsLord_Lucan

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 23:02 - Dec 21 by PhilTWTD

I knew someone called Nanette Newman some years ago, somewhat unbelievably. But it is true.

One of my besties is Paul Newman

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 23:16 - Dec 21 with 1293 viewsPhilTWTD

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 23:11 - Dec 21 by Lord_Lucan

One of my besties is Paul Newman

I knew a Paul Newman as well a few years back. Unrelated.
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 23:22 - Dec 21 with 1291 viewspositivity

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 23:16 - Dec 21 by PhilTWTD

I knew a Paul Newman as well a few years back. Unrelated.

michael jackson's a pretty common name, but the one i know is married to janet, which is a bit odd!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 05:34 - Dec 22 with 1238 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 13:43 - Dec 21 by Illinoisblue

Sort of. If you’ve seen the John Candy movie Uncle Buck the two kids have the same names as my kids. Which I was completely unaware of until someone pointed it out at the baby shower for kid #2.

Bit mean to call your second child "kid #2."

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

[Redacted] on 05:38 - Dec 22 with 1238 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 07:35 - Dec 22 with 1193 viewsfabian_illness

There was a boy at my school called Russell Prout.
Not famous, but quite funny.
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 10:20 - Dec 22 with 1131 viewsDBaldy

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 23:05 - Dec 21 by PhilTWTD

Evening Durwood! That's remarkable. Unless you met through a Bewitched Fan Club that your parents were members of.

Darren actually, but I've been called worse! (Unless that was an obscure Bewitched reference that has gone over my head?)

And I can confirm we didn't meet through a Bewitched fan club and nor did we name our kids Adam and Tabitha...
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 10:22 - Dec 22 with 1129 viewsPhilTWTD

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 10:20 - Dec 22 by DBaldy

Darren actually, but I've been called worse! (Unless that was an obscure Bewitched reference that has gone over my head?)

And I can confirm we didn't meet through a Bewitched fan club and nor did we name our kids Adam and Tabitha...

It's a Bewitched reference, Samantha's mother deliberately never got his name right! Durwood was one she used to him.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 11:08 - Dec 22 with 1092 viewseastangliaisblue

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 21:43 - Dec 21 by Tangledupin_Blue

Just as well for your daughter that we didn't beat Lokomotive Leipzig.

There wouldn't be a problem as it's a girls name.
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 11:34 - Dec 22 with 1070 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 10:22 - Dec 22 by PhilTWTD

It's a Bewitched reference, Samantha's mother deliberately never got his name right! Durwood was one she used to him.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Dropping HMHB references one minute, Bewitched the next. Some cultural divides getting spanned there, Phil.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 12:09 - Dec 22 with 1036 viewsMaySixth

No

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 12:11 - Dec 22 with 1038 viewsPhilTWTD

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 11:34 - Dec 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

Dropping HMHB references one minute, Bewitched the next. Some cultural divides getting spanned there, Phil.

Renaissance man, aren't I?
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 12:16 - Dec 22 with 1023 viewsTractor_Buck

I'm not sure this was accidental but this lad's a bit of a wizard with the funny shaped ball:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_(rugby_union)
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 12:44 - Dec 22 with 1005 viewsBluestar

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 15:05 - Dec 21 by bluelagos

Growing up there was kid in a siblings school class called Gordon Bennett.

We had an art teacher Gordon Bennett
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 13:24 - Dec 22 with 992 viewshoppy

I hate Nerys Hughes.

From the heart?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 13:25 - Dec 22 with 990 viewshoppy

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 23:22 - Dec 21 by positivity

michael jackson's a pretty common name, but the one i know is married to janet, which is a bit odd!

Norfolk friends?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024