Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna is the kind of appointment I’d hoped for 18:54 - Dec 16 with 1589 viewsVic

Well thought of and well connected to a big club.

I know nothing about him and am neither pro no anti, but he fits the bill for me. It’s a bit of a throw back to the appointment of SBR all those moons ago. I can only hope he is half as successful!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

McKenna is the kind of appointment I’d hoped for on 18:55 - Dec 16 with 1567 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Pessimist!

I hope he is just as successful!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

McKenna is the kind of appointment I’d hoped for on 18:57 - Dec 16 with 1540 viewsLord_Lucan

I know as much about them as the next man but the way it has happened leads me to think that we might actually know what we are doing and have been lining it up.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

McKenna is the kind of appointment I’d hoped for on 18:58 - Dec 16 with 1509 viewschrismakin

Intrigued to see who comes in with him.

Carrick/phelan?
Magilton?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

McKenna is the kind of appointment I’d hoped for on 19:02 - Dec 16 with 1470 viewsmonty_radio

It's equally reminiscent of Sir Alf, who, at 35 was the same age ae McKenna and not only had not managed before, but was initially wanted by the Town as a player-manager, a role he said he didn't want.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

McKenna is the kind of appointment I’d hoped for on 19:05 - Dec 16 with 1427 views1Warky

Great interview with him on The Coaches Voice on YouTube. Not sure if this link will work but every town fan should watch this video. Will learn more about him than 5 years of press conferences ;-)

Very impressive.
McKenna is the kind of appointment I’d hoped for on 19:09 - Dec 16 with 1393 viewsLord_Lucan

McKenna is the kind of appointment I’d hoped for on 19:05 - Dec 16 by 1Warky

Great interview with him on The Coaches Voice on YouTube. Not sure if this link will work but every town fan should watch this video. Will learn more about him than 5 years of press conferences ;-)

Very impressive.

30 seconds in I thought he was going to say that he was starting to transition into a women

I thought "Blimey, he's already looking for a TW4TD uppy"

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

McKenna is the kind of appointment I’d hoped for on 19:14 - Dec 16 with 1341 viewsfarkenhell

McKenna is the kind of appointment I’d hoped for on 19:02 - Dec 16 by monty_radio

It's equally reminiscent of Sir Alf, who, at 35 was the same age ae McKenna and not only had not managed before, but was initially wanted by the Town as a player-manager, a role he said he didn't want.

...and if you want to go back further, shades of poaching Scott Duncan from Manure. Although if it does happen, I hope we don't linger in the 3rd Division for anything like the 15 or so years it took for him to achieve promotion!
McKenna is the kind of appointment I’d hoped for on 19:18 - Dec 16 with 1313 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Sir Bob had been a regular for England

Poll: would you rather

Login to get fewer ads

McKenna is the kind of appointment I’d hoped for on 19:43 - Dec 16 with 1111 viewsHighgateBlue

McKenna is the kind of appointment I’d hoped for on 18:58 - Dec 16 by chrismakin

Intrigued to see who comes in with him.

Carrick/phelan?
Magilton?

It would seem unlikely that Carrick would go from being Man Utd caretaker manager to sitting in the ITFC hierarchy below McKenna.
McKenna is the kind of appointment I’d hoped for on 19:47 - Dec 16 with 1079 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yep, same here. None of us know how this will turn out, but it feels a lot better that randomly trawling for has beens who once had a little bit of success. Or ‘following the Evans way’ as it’s otherwise known.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

McKenna is the kind of appointment I’d hoped for on 21:02 - Dec 16 with 930 viewsVic

Very impressive.

Been coaching for 11 years.

That’s a lot of experience, and in lots of varied situations.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

McKenna is the kind of appointment I’d hoped for on 21:33 - Dec 16 with 839 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Very impressive.

Impressive, yes, without being a smooth presenter if that makes sense. He seems knowledgeable and intelligent not full of soundbites. Will do with polishing his media skills as there are a lot of um ers and repetition but that is refreshing. I want someone who is good at what really matters rather than simply presents a good image.

I hope it works for him here, for Town's sake more than his but he seems a good bloke so that is a plus.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

McKenna is the kind of appointment I’d hoped for on 21:34 - Dec 16 with 829 viewsRadioOrwell

McKenna is the kind of appointment I’d hoped for on 19:02 - Dec 16 by monty_radio

Really ? Sir Alf was 35 when he came here ?

I had no idea. It's an omen.
McKenna is the kind of appointment I’d hoped for on 22:03 - Dec 16 with 771 viewsvanmunt

Very impressive.

Great link, really interesting
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024